Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #16
Pad-Man
***Team England***

vCash: 75
Default Re: Haye vs Chisora: Boxing Industry Fallout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
been wondering this myself, surely the Board will hold a bit of a grudge over this and may be reluctant to put ***** fighters in elimators for the british title (am i on the right lines here) and then what if ***** sets his own sort of british title up, then it'll be like having 2 brit champs and then we all know where it goes from here

I don't think they can mate. It's discrimination to other boxers that way. If a boxer is fighting for eliminator and is ranked then the BBBoC would have to sanction it.

I personally think a can of worms will be opened now. You just know boxers will get nastier to sell fights from now on in.

The way the BBBoC can win is if they write ti the ABC's and request they don't rank this fight. That way you block any attempts for a payday for world title. IMO anyway.
Pad-Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #17
Jimjom
Contender
ESB Senior Member

at the end of teh day they are so out of touch maybe they needed this? they're reaction was over the top and out of touch with what us the supporters believed should have happened. maybe give him a 6 month ban for symbolism and allow him to appeal and overturn it, and maybe make it difficult for haye but dont sotp him fighting, because this is a fight we want to see, and the scenes in germany were hardly the worst thing boxers have done, not even close, but adam smith going mad on ringside and some other "respected" pundits saying it was a disgrace forced them to make this rash decision, whch led to this situation
Jimjom is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #18
Jimjom
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pad-Man View Post
I don't think they can mate. It's discrimination to other boxers that way. If a boxer is fighting for eliminator and is ranked then the BBBoC would have to sanction it.

I personally think a can of worms will be opened now. You just know boxers will get nastier to sell fights from now on in.

The way the BBBoC can win is if they write ti the ABC's and request they don't rank this fight. That way you block any attempts for a payday for world title. IMO anyway.
the wbc/wbo/wba all do it, give certain promoters/fighters a break all the time
Jimjom is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #19
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Essentially it's a mixed pro/unlicensed boxing card.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #20
DanielJFiasco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 565

This is why I think the BBBofC should have dealt differently with the Chisora situation. They played to the press and the public, and it came back to bite them in the bum.

There are a lot of hypocrites out there who said they wanted to see Chisora taught a lesson, for spitting, slapping and brawling. Now they want to put money in his pocket to see him fight Haye?

I sympathise with the BBBofC as they were put under a lot of pressure by the media, but if that had been a small hall show in Oldham and a scuffle went off afterwards, it would have been a fine or slapped wrist at most. I know Chisora had previous, but they have given licenses to people who have been in prison? They acted up for the tabloids, and now they are left with the option of sanctioning the fight and going back very publicly on their word, or becoming an irrelevance. Either way, they look like mugs.

I'm a fan of Robert Smith and I rated him before, but I do think they made a bad decision based on previous precedents.
DanielJFiasco is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #21
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pad-Man View Post

i didn't think they had official rankings, sure Bunce was on about it a while ago, thought the promoter just put it to the board that it should be an eliminator and then they santion it
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #22
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1419

Its very interesting. I think bunny burrows is trying to force the BBBofC's hand so it'll be interesting how they respond.

If they fold then the luxemburg threat probably goes away for the time being but they will look like clowns and will be giving more power to promoters.

If they hold their stance they may see some promotions part ways with them but those promotions will not be have their boxers eligible to box for the Lonsdale or area belts and thus will lose a bit of clout when promoting their fighters through the ranks.

Sure theirs a lot more to it but we will have to wait and see how it unfolds.
chatty is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #23
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

If FWP doesnt get his own way he will find another way and he is doing that here!

I dont think this is good for boxing or for Franks fighters! Boxing is a farce these days!
rampant is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #24
Longcount
boxing
ESB Addict

vCash: 1034

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Longcount is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #25
sadlittleboy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

...we are one step away from Bowe v Williams under Latvian style licenses...
sadlittleboy is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #26
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadlittleboy View Post
...we are one step away from Bowe v Williams under Latvian style licenses...
Bowe-Golota III, Boxing rather than MMA!
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #27
Pad-Man
***Team England***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjom View Post
the wbc/wbo/wba all do it, give certain promoters/fighters a break all the time
Agree, merely telling you what options bbboc have. They don't have much of a say to be fair. This is why we need a world wide body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
i didn't think they had official rankings, sure Bunce was on about it a while ago, thought the promoter just put it to the board that it should be an eliminator and then they santion it
Yeah I thought that too. But even still to be no1 contender you have to at least be around the top. I.e Burns/Cleverly v draft in TBA. One of the fighters has to be in an around the top.

The BBBoC could write to the WBC (who don't like either fighter) and request they don't sanction the fight in protest at the flagrant disregard to the penalties handed down by bbboc I.e loss of license. Remember when Marg was gonna fight in Texas whilst his ban for wraps was in force? If ABC fights promoter hard enough they will win. Noticed WBA holder (regular) Povetkin is on card. You can tell that's who fights winner of Haye v Chisora. Look at the way they stripped Lamont Peterson for the hatman stuff. No wonder Frank has (or likely) gone down this route.
Pad-Man is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #28
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjom View Post
at the end of teh day they are so out of touch maybe they needed this? they're reaction was over the top and out of touch with what us the supporters believed should have happened. maybe give him a 6 month ban for symbolism and allow him to appeal and overturn it, and maybe make it difficult for haye but dont sotp him fighting, because this is a fight we want to see, and the scenes in germany were hardly the worst thing boxers have done, not even close, but adam smith going mad on ringside and some other "respected" pundits saying it was a disgrace forced them to make this rash decision, whch led to this situation

Agree. I actually think this is good for British Boxing. It highlights issues and the lack of authority the board have.
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #29
twicken

This is not good for British Boxing.

What this amounts to is a challenge on the authority of the BBBofC. The question is who would you prefer to run British boxing? I would take the BBBofC over ****** (or another promoter) any day.

Whether you agree with how BBBofC managed this process or not the point is that the precendent is now set that if a fighter or promoter disagrees with a ruling they can effectively ignore it.

What happens when that is over someone's health re. Danny Williams continuing to fight?

What we have seen here is a dangerous precendent and I am appalled that the justification that comes from ****** and seasoned journalists (and fans on this site) is that it's a fight that people want to see and (like we should care) will give a great opportunity to the winner of the fighter.

The BBBofC wont die in one day it will be over a long period of time and something like this will be a major contributing factor. Our sport doesnt need this and I am sad that the majority dont seem to realise or care.

British boxing run by the BBBofC, despite it's flaws, is better than being run by promoters.
twicken is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #30
Longcount
boxing
ESB Addict

vCash: 1034

Quote:
Originally Posted by twicken View Post
British boxing run by the BBBofC, despite it's flaws, is better than being run by promoters.
quoted for truth.
Longcount is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum