Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #46
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye is going to RUN THROUGH Chisora!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
The G$ora who beat Helenius would beat Shot Holyfield, whereas Valuev couldn't even beat Beyond Shot Holy.
Even Helenius might have beat Valuev.
A few fighters beat Valuev, but none were seen as 'viable' enough to get the official decision.
Until marketable David Haye came along.
Legend X is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #47
Nick Hewer
Journeyman

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
In a way this fight is another "money making event" - from Haye - something like the Audely Harrison fight was - its what Hayes career has become these days than taking the hard road of being a serious fighter building a career / legacy.

Of course - Chirsora - is a more solid opponnet - than Audely Harrison

But still - - Chrirsora - hardly warrants World Class regard - cos he lasted the distance against Vitali.

this fight is just happening cos it sells.
Chisora beat Helenius, who was heavy favvourite and being hyped as world class.

Then he gave Vitali his toughest fight since Lewis. No-one has made Vitali look that bad, maybe he's getting old but I think Chisora still deserves credit for it.

Chisora's right up there amongst the best in the division below the Klitschkos in my opinion.(granted it's a very poor division)

Personally I'd have it:

1-Wlad
2-Vitali
3-Haye
4-Adamek, Chambers, Chisora, Povetkin et al.
Nick Hewer is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #48
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tiger View Post
Holyfield - thats the key word.

Regardless of him being 46 years old - and faded = one of the best heavyweights - maybe like - ever - all time - certainly at Crusier.

Holyfield - seen as shot - in World Class terms - its all relative to what you judge them against.

Throw Holyfield in with a British level fighter - and even now - he would make mince meat of them.

Valuev - was a greater win for Haye than Chrisroa would be.
Well, Holyfield was absolutely pummelled by James Toney and Larry Donald and Chris Byrd YEARS BEFORE he faced Valuev.
So if Valuev had any real class he should have destroyed that old decrepit Holyfield too.
Valuev was shit, and a paper champion, who had lost the title officially to Ruslan Chagaev years before facing Haye.

No, Holyfield would not make mincemeat of many of our British level fighters now. He'd struggle badly. I hope he never fights again.
Sherman Williams (WHO ?) was about to KO him last year, and the last time Holyfield fought he laboured to a stoppage against Brian freaking Nielsen, who was coming off a nine year layoff.
Legend X is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #49
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Good point by Michael 300. Chisora is big, can take a shot, good head movement, good stamina. You have to remember when talking about his previous fights that he's only had about 20 amatuers and 18 pro's, he's improving with each fight. I think Haye will win but it'll be tougher than expected and there'll be some Tyson-like drama along the way.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #50
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Sorry Nick but Fury deserves to be level with Chisora imo. Anyway does anyone else think Chisora will do something crazy in this one.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #51
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
G$ora beat Helenius like a dusty rug.

Helenius is better than Valuev.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #52
DanielJFiasco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 565

Valuev's best win was... Shot Holyfield or Monte Barrett? Or Ruiz? Or was it a decision over Liakhovich, who Shannon Briggs stopped despite being in the middle of an asthma attack and Helenius KO'd.

I'm not saying Del is the second coming of Joe Frazier, but this idea that they are levels apart is inaccurate. Del has fought one legitimate HW world champion, and so has Haye. They both lost, convincingly.
DanielJFiasco is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #53
Nick Hewer
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
Sorry Nick but Fury deserves to be level with Chisora imo. Anyway does anyone else think Chisora will do something crazy in this one.
Still not seen anything from Fury that's really impressed me. I was at his last fight and him fighting southpaw was impressive actually but he's not facing the same level of opposition.

He's riding a win over a fat Chisora. If he ups his opposition soon then yeah, I'll start to give him his dues.

His last 4 fights:
Fat Chisora, nearly beat by 2 no name Eurps, then old Rogan? Not good enough to join the conversation.

(note: It's FULLY Chisora's fault for turning up fat, all I'm saying is I don't think we can look too much into that win)
Old 05-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #54
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielJFiasco View Post
Valuev's best win was... Shot Holyfield or Monte Barrett? Or Ruiz? Or was it a decision over Liakhovich, who Shannon Briggs stopped despite being in the middle of an asthma attack and Helenius KO'd.

I'm not saying Del is the second coming of Joe Frazier, but this idea that they are levels apart is inaccurate. Del has fought one legitimate HW world champion, and so has Haye. They both lost, convincingly.
Haye has also done some other stuff that makes him more proven than Chisora. And Barrett, Ruiz and Valuev are better than any win Dereck has. His win over Helenius notwithstanding, he lost clearly to British-level Fury, lost comprehensively to Vitali (toughest fight in years is the biggest piece of shit I've heard), and can only claim Danny Williams as a truly noteworthy win.

Haye and Chisora ARE miles apart. All these little girls saying "he's got a great chin", "he can fight for 12 rounds", etc are deluding themselves. He's shit, a complete prick and could do with ten years in prison, not a million dollar payday.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #55
Nick Hewer
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
lost comprehensively to Vitali (toughest fight in years is the biggest piece of shit I've heard)
When else has Vitali been pushed that hard since Lewis?
Old 05-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #56
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

Quote:
Haye has also done some other stuff that makes him more proven than Chisora. And Barrett, Ruiz and Valuev are better than any win Dereck has. His win over Helenius notwithstanding, he lost clearly to British-level Fury, lost comprehensively to Vitali (toughest fight in years is the biggest piece of shit I've heard), and can only claim Danny Williams as a truly noteworthy win.

Haye and Chisora ARE miles apart. All these little girls saying "he's got a great chin", "he can fight for 12 rounds", etc are deluding themselves. He's shit, a complete prick and could do with ten years in prison, not a million dollar payday.
miles and miles df,miles and miles apart.

haye will beat chisora with ease,maybe chis gets a few though,but ****,id even get one or 2 through in 36 minutes
widdy is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #57
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hewer View Post
When else has Vitali been pushed that hard since Lewis?
He wasn't pushed at all - Vitali beat Chisora comfortably. People seem to mistake chugging forward and eating jabs for "effective aggression".
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #58
Nick Hewer
Journeyman

Quote:
He wasn't pushed at all - Vitali beat Chisora comfortably. People seem to mistake chugging forward and eating jabs for "effective aggression".
He was still landing though. If I recall correctly I even had Chisora winning 3 or 4 rounds.

The question wasn't about the definition of the word 'pushed' though. Maybe I should rephrase it, who has done as well as Chisora did against post Lewis Vitali?
Old 05-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #59
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hewer View Post
He was still landing though. If I recall correctly I even had Chisora winning 3 or 4 rounds.

The question wasn't about the definition of the word 'pushed' though. Maybe I should rephrase it, who has done as well as Chisora did against post Lewis Vitali?
He still came nowhere near beating Vitali, which hardly qualifies him for beating Haye. Kevin Johnson didn't get stopped by Vitali, does he get extra credit for that?

Chisora landed **** all.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #60
Ace Frehley
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
miles and miles df,miles and miles apart.

haye will beat chisora with ease,maybe chis gets a few though,but ****,id even get one or 2 through in 36 minutes
David Haye only beats plant pots with ease. Chisora is actually a half decent heavyweight, something that David Haye isn't used to fighting.
Ace Frehley is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum