Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
sp550i
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default At This Point How Can You Justify 50-50 for Floyd Vs Pac

What Has Pac Done To Deserve 50-50 at this point? Floyd has established his PPV reign

PPV
Cotto: Floyd > Pac
Shane: Floyd > Pac
Hatton: Floyd > Pac
ODLH: Floyd > Pac
JMM: Pac > Floyd

Let's be serious here.... only way Pac will deserve 50-50 is if he sees more than 1.4 for fighting bradley
sp550i is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
weegriffin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3275
Default Re: At This Point How Can You Justify 50-50 for Floyd Vs Pac

I think the situation going into the fight makes a difference to PPV sells though.

Such as Floyd fought Mosely after he beat Margarito, Pacquaio fought him after 2 bad performances, Marquez against Floyd was seen as tune up whilst Pacquaio had 2 close fights before with Marquez and the 3rd fight was meant to show of how much Pacquaio had improved.

Anyway I just want Floyd to accept 50-50 just so the fight could be made.
weegriffin is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

You guys are ****ing pathetic
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
sp550i
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegriffin View Post
I think the situation going into the fight makes a difference to PPV sells though.

Such as Floyd fought Mosely after he beat Margarito, Pacquaio fought him after 2 bad performances, Marquez against Floyd was seen as tune up whilst Pacquaio had 2 close fights before with Marquez and the 3rd fight was meant to show of how much Pacquaio had improved.

Anyway I just want Floyd to accept 50-50 just so the fight could be made.
man..... if you reversed the situations floyd would still sell more
sp550i is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

You really can't justify it at this point. The monster numbers Floyd/Cotto are going to do will kill the fight for good.

Good riddance.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

well before the cotto fight, pac just outsold floyd but floyd still insisted on more than a 50/50 split and wants all the PPV.

it's expected that this fight would outsold pac's next fight because you ahve cotto, canelo and mosley. pac meanwhile is selling this fight by his starpower alone.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
sp550i
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
well before the cotto fight, pac just outsold floyd but floyd still insisted on more than a 50/50 split and wants all the PPV.

it's expected that this fight would outsold pac's next fight because you ahve cotto, canelo and mosley. pac meanwhile is selling this fight by his starpower alone.

for 1 fight.... wait for these cotto & bradley #s to come out.... that should be the last straw.....
sp550i is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
Vergilius
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp550i View Post
What Has Pac Done To Deserve 50-50 at this point? Floyd has established his PPV reign

PPV

Let's be serious here.... only way Pac will deserve 50-50 is if he sees more than 1.4 for fighting bradley
How the split should be made should not just be based on how well fighters have done at the box office. These two guys are p4p equals and top ranked in the sport - the only sensible split is 50-50. The very fact that fans are allowing Mayweather to creep around making the fight with this excuse is just sad.
Vergilius is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
sp550i
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergilius View Post
How the split should be made should not just be based on how well fighters have done at the box office. These two guys are p4p equals and top ranked in the sport - the only sensible split is 50-50. The very fact that fans are allowing Mayweather to creep around making the fight with this excuse is just sad.

dude they are fighting for money.... they absolutely should be judged by how they perform in the box office...

if the stumbling block is money right... the only true measuring tool should be how they performed in the box office.... by that mentality you could create some argument that cotto deserved more than floyd in their last fight
sp550i is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #10
Beatle
Sheer Analysis
ESB Addict

vCash: 1395

Quote:

PPV

Floyd fought Shane, Hatton and Oscar when they had just won world titles and were considered the best in their divisions. Pacman fought these guys AFTER Floyd had beaten them, and they were no longer considered P4P in the top ten.

So the people who went to see Floyd vs Oscar went to see two great fighters at the top of their game. Those who went to see Pacman vs Oscar went to see only one fighter in his prime vs a shot Oscar.

So delete Oscar, Shane and Hatton.

Here, both Cotto and Marquez were in their primes and so it makes sense to compare the numbers.

One each. That means 50-50.
Beatle is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
Vergilius
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
dude they are fighting for money.... they absolutely should be judged by how they perform in the box office...

if the stumbling block is money right... the only true measuring tool should be how they performed in the box office.... by that mentality you could create some argument that cotto deserved more than floyd in their last fight
Hell no. The measuring stick is their status as champions and sportsmen. Pacquiao deserves an equal cut and so does Mayweather. All this money talk is for the wannabe gangsters.
Vergilius is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #12
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergilius View Post
Hell no. The measuring stick is their status as champions and sportsmen. Pacquiao deserves an equal cut and so does Mayweather. All this money talk is for the wannabe gangsters.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
rbeverid

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post

So you are faulting Floyd for putting together a good undercard? Have you seen the Bradley undercard? The undercard for Floyd's fight with Cotto is not a factor here at all. Manny and Arum could have had a good undercard for their fight with Cotto, but they chose not to. Dont use the undercard as an excuse for Floyd selling more Cotto than Manny did.
rbeverid is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #14
Diamond Eye
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Why do fans give a **** about their finances again?

Just fight. All that shit can be handled behind closed doors. It's none of my damn business.
Diamond Eye is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #15
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeverid View Post
So you are faulting Floyd for putting together a good undercard? Have you seen the Bradley undercard? The undercard for Floyd's fight with Cotto is not a factor here at all. Manny and Arum could have had a good undercard for their fight with Cotto, but they chose not to. Dont use the undercard as an excuse for Floyd selling more Cotto than Manny did.
noob, i'm not faulting anyone. i'm just saying that floyd's event has the help of 3 big names. pac is selling his event by his name alone. you cannot directly compare these two events and say that floyd deserves the lion share.

and i put the figures before the first negotiations and early this year. both times, pac outsold floyd but they are still ok with 50/50. floyd meanwhile is moving his stance left and right.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum