JCC decision 5 38.46%
JCC stoppage 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Juan Manuel Marquez ('11) vs Julio Cesar Chavez ('93)

Both weighed in at 142lbs...JMM of the 3rd Pac fight vs JCC of the Pea fight...Who wins this one and how in your opinion???

Zopilote is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
king khan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 185
Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez ('11) vs Julio Cesar Chavez ('93)

I think Chavez would ultimately be too much, and get the better of Marquez for majority of the 12 rounds. . I just don't see Marquez going to sleep, or being rendered unconscious for long enough to be counted out. . I definitely see him bouncing Chavez's head with some crisp, precision combinations off the counters, but I think Chavez will outwork him, and do more damage for majority of more rounds. . . Chavez is no Diaz, and once he gets on the inside, he has EXCELLENT technique. . . Marquez just wouldn't quite have the foot speed, or the punch. . But it would be a VERY competitive fight. . .

Love this fight, because it pits the two schools of mexican boxing against each other, and arguably the best representatives of those schools: Marquez the classic boxer/puncher who throws beautifully timed combination counter punches, and Chavez, the relentless, ferocious, come forward, aggressive inside fighter.
king khan is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez ('11) vs Julio Cesar Chavez ('93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by king khan View Post
I think Chavez would ultimately be too much, and get the better of Marquez for majority of the 12 rounds. . I just don't see Marquez going to sleep, or being rendered unconscious for long enough to be counted out. . I definitely see him bouncing Chavez's head with some crisp, precision combinations off the counters, but I think Chavez will outwork him, and do more damage for majority of more rounds. . . Chavez is no Diaz, and once he gets on the inside, he has EXCELLENT technique. . . Marquez just wouldn't quite have the foot speed, or the punch. . But it would be a VERY competitive fight. . .

Love this fight, because it pits the two schools of mexican boxing against each other, and arguably the best representatives of those schools: Marquez the classic boxer/puncher who throws beautifully timed combination counter punches, and Chavez, the relentless, ferocious, come forward, aggressive inside fighter.
Good post, i certainly agree with you.

and, yes this would be a great fight...but more for the fact that both are above their best weight here, and passed their best...IMO if you were to put them prime for prime, it would be less competitive as i see Chavez being too much for Juan..especially at 135lbs.
Zopilote is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum