Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #31
oscar
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Colin Lynes vs. Juho "TNT" Tolppola!!!

betting lynes 1-20 or 4-9 points tolppola 7-1 or 16-1 points
oscar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2008, 11:46 PM   #32
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar
betting lynes 1-20 or 4-9 points tolppola 7-1 or 16-1 points
Bwin has Tolppola as a 8-1 underdog. Someone is gonna make good money! Tolppola said in the last interview in Finland that he donīt belive that it will go the distance.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #33
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney
Bwin has Tolppola as a 8-1 underdog. Someone is gonna make good money! Tolppola said in the last interview in Finland that he donīt belive that it will go the distance.

He's very defeatist then poor young Fin.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #34
oscar
Journeyman

nice to see he is confident should make for a good fight but i dont think he knows enough to beat lynes i reckon he looks for way out around 7-9 after eating a jab all night
Quote:
oscar is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #35
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
i reckon he looks for way out around 7-9 after eating a jab all night
Tolppola sure is gonna eat Lynesīs jab... For a breakfast!

I really do belive that Tolppola will take the title from Lynes! It will be a tactical fight early one... Lynes will be aggressive, but Tolppola will be very determined and land the more cleaner and harder punches. Tolppola has much tighter defence and becouse of it he can land the better shots all night long. Lynes is a bit too open and always when opponent throws a punch he takes a step back in straight line. Tolppola will figure that out early and Lynes will be rocked several times. I am not sure that will Lynes go the distance or will he just quit after 8-9 rounds... he is a bit soft boy now isnīt he? And overall Finns a lot tougher than Brits... Tolppola will show it on Friday!
Toney is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #36
oscar
Journeyman

HOW many finnish champions did you say
Quote:
Tolppola sure is gonna eat Lynesīs jab... For a breakfast!

I really do belive that Tolppola will take the title from Lynes! It will be a tactical fight early one... Lynes will be aggressive, but Tolppola will be very determined and land the more cleaner and harder punches. Tolppola has much tighter defence and becouse of it he can land the better shots all night long. Lynes is a bit too open and always when opponent throws a punch he takes a step back in straight line. Tolppola will figure that out early and Lynes will be rocked several times. I am not sure that will Lynes go the distance or will he just quit after 8-9 rounds... he is a bit soft boy now isnīt he? And overall Finns a lot tougher than Brits... Tolppola will show it on Friday!
oscar is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #37
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
HOW many finnish champions did you say
? We donīt have too many national title fights... Maybe 1 per a year or so... If we are lucky!
Toney is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #38
oscar
Journeyman

Quote:
? We donīt have too many national title fights... Maybe 1 per a year or so... If we are lucky!
so this is a big night for Finland? in all honesty i hope juho is here to put on a good fight and may the best man win
oscar is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #39
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
so this is a big night for Finland? in all honesty i hope juho is here to put on a good fight and may the best man win
Yeah, this is a big night for Finnish boxing. Tolppola is the 7th Finn ever to fight for the European title. Boxing is very popular in Finland today becouse of "Idi" Amin Asikainen´s success. The magazines have wrote a lot about Tolppola vs. Lynes and the fight is also show´n live in Finnish TV!

Tolppola will be a celebrated hero when he returns to Finland with the European titlebelt!
Toney is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #40
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Lynes was too fast for Tolppola. Juho sure wasnīt at his best... maybe he had lost too much weight or maybe the 2 weeks preperatiion time was not enough... or maybe Lynes is just too good for him...
Toney is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #41
dan-b

vCash:

Tidy performance from Lynes. He should target a fight with Rees.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:43 PM   #42
maka
Contender
ESB Senior Member

lynes frustrates me...... even as i sit here on my big fat couch, that jab of his is thrown as good as i've seen, but.........an theirs allways a but............. i think if he goes up against a fighter that wo'nt give him a minute.......someone who's more ruthless and maybe a little reckless he'll meet his match.

when tolpolla was goin in (on the odd occasion) and throwin bigger rights and lefts........ fighting through the jab,......i felt lynes did'nt like it at all and seemed to grab on, and i even at the end of the second round i thought lynes was a little rocked.....right on the bell.... if tollpolla had ruffed it up from the start instead of being tidy himself......which i thought he didnt do much wrong he just couldnt get by that long arm jab.......it would have been a different fight.

lynes was in his comfort zone thats for sure he took the reigns straight from the off.

wonder what branco will make of him!!!!!!!!!!!
maka is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #43
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maka
if tollpolla had ruffed it up from the start instead of being tidy himself......which i thought he didnt do much wrong he just couldnt get by that long arm jab.......it would have been a different fight.
Tolppolaīs corner told all the time Tolppola to keep boxing... not to slug with Lynes. I would had liked to see what would had happened if Tolppola would had opened up... but they did not want him to do that... Well... maybe that was the right decision... Maybe Tolppola would had just been knocked out or something...
Toney is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #44
maka
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Tolppolaīs corner told all the time Tolppola to keep boxing... not to slug with Lynes. I would had liked to see what would had happened if Tolppola would had opened up... but they did not want him to do that... Well... maybe that was the right decision... Maybe Tolppola would had just been knocked out or something...

or maybe not my friend.......a change of plan could have swung it, i thought tolpolla looked the stronger boxer when they entered the ring and that his chin looked strong and upper body.
maka is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #45
dwilson

vCash:

Complete walkthrough for Lynes. I know its hard to getting decent opposition on late notice but that Juho was really poor. Even Morrison could have beaten him. Lynes needs a decent break soon to go for a world title, he probarly has the beating of Ree's and Kotleink.

Last edited by Black Eyes To You; 01-12-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum