Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #61
dwilson

vCash:
Default Re: Colin Lynes vs. Juho "TNT" Tolppola!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi
I don't deal in playground talk. Ajose and Lynes were lined up to fight for the Commonwealth title. The fight contracts were signed the fighters were in training and it was to be on Sky. Lynes pulled out again a few days before the fight. He has not capitalised as he that is why he is the undefeated ABU, Commonwealt champion , WBC number 7 contender and been featured by Ring Magazine a in the last few months. Who exactly is Lynes defeating and where will he not face true tests. We saw what happened against Malinga and Daws and his pacifism against Witter. If Lynes impresses you then it obviously does not take much to impress you or that is the impression you are giving.

When did Lynes show a masterclass and please don't refer to Young Muttley.
Your right I should not be impressed by someone who is European champion and who defeated two very good fighters in their own back yard. And dispite what you say he has looked very good doing so. His loss to Witter even looks good now considering what Witter has gone on to do.

Ajose looked great against Pryce and Nuumbembe but his opposition since has been mediocre at best. The Reid fight has been his only decent opponent and he is more of a lightweight really with a 13-18-1 ledger. I do not doubt Ajose has some serious skills and he may go onto bigger and better titles, I definetly hope so. But to dismiss Lynes like you are is ridiculous.

The no 7 rating by the WBC is a great chance for him and I am sorry to have missed him in the Ring Mag but if he is serious about going further in his career he needs more fights like the Wright one coming up and not the guys who he has had in his last couple. He needs to make people sit up and take note of him with some more great displays.

Who would you want to put him in with realisticly next?

For me him vs Lynes would make sense to both now, both have something to gain.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2008, 02:21 AM   #62
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Your right I should not be impressed by someone who is European champion and who defeated two very good fighters in their own back yard. And dispite what you say he has looked very good doing so. His loss to Witter even looks good now considering what Witter has gone on to do.

Ajose looked great against Pryce and Nuumbembe but his opposition since has been mediocre at best. The Reid fight has been his only decent opponent and he is more of a lightweight really with a 13-18-1 ledger. I do not doubt Ajose has some serious skills and he may go onto bigger and better titles, I definetly hope so. But to dismiss Lynes like you are is ridiculous.

The no 7 rating by the WBC is a great chance for him and I am sorry to have missed him in the Ring Mag but if he is serious about going further in his career he needs more fights like the Wright one coming up and not the guys who he has had in his last couple. He needs to make people sit up and take note of him with some more great displays.

Who would you want to put him in with realisticly next?

For me him vs Lynes would make sense to both now, both have something to gain.
We have wanted to beat up Lynes for years and we have even signed up to fight him. I really don't know why Lynes pulled out of the fights though I have my strong suspicions after talking to people who have sparred with him and watched him fight. Realistically after the Wright fight we will be looking to take out the WBC number 1 contender to get the mandatory position as no champion is going to face Ajose as a voluntary. I know this because if Brendan Ingle has said why would they face Ajose unless they absolutely have to. I don't think you really understand what is at stake when you fight someone like Ajose because to quote Jim Watt "Not only do you have an excellent chance of losing you likely to get seriously hurt."

By the way for all of Colin Lynes fans I don't hate or dislike the guy and he is an okay fighter by domestic stanadards but please don't mention him in World class/top international class.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 02:57 AM   #63
oscar
Journeyman

Quote:
We have wanted to beat up Lynes for years and we have even signed up to fight him. I really don't know why Lynes pulled out of the fights though I have my strong suspicions after talking to people who have sparred with him and watched him fight. Realistically after the Wright fight we will be looking to take out the WBC number 1 contender to get the mandatory position as no champion is going to face Ajose as a voluntary. I know this because if Brendan Ingle has said why would they face Ajose unless they absolutely have to. I don't think you really understand what is at stake when you fight someone like Ajose because to quote Jim Watt "Not only do you have an excellent chance of losing you likely to get seriously hurt."

By the way for all of Colin Lynes fans I don't hate or dislike the guy and he is an okay fighter by domestic stanadards but please don't mention him in World class/top international class.
taking away pryce and nuumbembe who has he beaten that should worry lynes?
oscar is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 03:10 AM   #64
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar
taking away pryce and nuumbembe who has he beaten that should worry lynes?
Holgate just after a few fights as a novice professional. In fact he took the WBF intercontinental title of the much more experienced Holgate and retired Holgate who never fought again. I bumped into Holgate's manager and former trainer with my friend the late James Oyebola, who was Ajose's boxing manager and he was waxing lyrical about Ajose. It was not just that he won it was more to do with the manner of his victory as a novice professional. Also Victor Kpadenue who is basically a Middleweight Ajose had to fight to win the ABU title. Kpadenue went the distance with the hard hitting Gary Lockett. Let me let you into another secret Kpadenue could not make 140 limit for the ABU title fight but we still decided to take the fight to win the title. The point is many a times this Light Welterweight has had to fight catchweight contests winning in style.

I really think you should be asking who has Lynes faced that should make Ajose worry. We are not worried about Lynes at all but he is obviously worried about us otherwise he would have taken the fight instead of pulling out. Lynes is one of the most overrated fighters on these shores. Please don't tell me that he is better than Pryce and Nuubembee.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:36 AM   #65
oscar
Journeyman

in my opinion lynes would beat ajose no doubt, he beat muttley who kod reid sarmiento who beat schwer and ayres gallardo now latino champ and witter who on one card he only lost by one point credit where credits due he dont make the fights promotors do he will fight ANYONE he has two mandatorys barnes for british and branco for european next, lets see how ajose gets on with wright its no walkover imo
Quote:
Holgate just after a few fights as a novice professional. In fact he took the WBF intercontinental title of the much more experienced Holgate and retired Holgate who never fought again. I bumped into Holgate's manager and former trainer with my friend the late James Oyebola, who was Ajose's boxing manager and he was waxing lyrical about Ajose. It was not just that he won it was more to do with the manner of his victory as a novice professional. Also Victor Kpadenue who is basically a Middleweight Ajose had to fight to win the ABU title. Kpadenue went the distance with the hard hitting Gary Lockett. Let me let you into another secret Kpadenue could not make 140 limit for the ABU title fight but we still decided to take the fight to win the title. The point is many a times this Light Welterweight has had to fight catchweight contests winning in style.

I really think you should be asking who has Lynes faced that should make Ajose worry. We are not worried about Lynes at all but he is obviously worried about us otherwise he would have taken the fight instead of pulling out. Lynes is one of the most overrated fighters on these shores. Please don't tell me that he is better than Pryce and Nuubembee.
oscar is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2008, 08:05 AM   #66
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:

Hopefully he will get his shot at a world title soon and a Lynes fight would make great sense for both considering one has a good wbc rating and the other a european title. Unfortunetly Ajose has had some performances that will put other fighters off but has also had performances against opposition that he should not be in the ring with at this stage of his career. He needs to put a run together against a good level of opponents and win in style hte same way witter did so that the governing bodies have no option but to give him a shot. No one will take him on as a madertory.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #67
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
in my opinion lynes would beat ajose no doubt, he beat muttley who kod reid sarmiento who beat schwer and ayres gallardo now latino champ and witter who on one card he only lost by one point credit where credits due he dont make the fights promotors do he will fight ANYONE he has two mandatorys barnes for british and branco for european next, lets see how ajose gets on with wright its no walkover imo
Oscar I wish Lynes had your confidence as the fight would have happened long ago. Lynes does not fancy it or want it. This great fighter Lynes got stopped by Malinga and Lenny Daws and you have the audacity to claim he can beat Ajose. Boy I wish you were his manager as we would have knocked him out by now as you would have made the fight.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #68
oscar
Journeyman

nothing audacious at all colin lynes has never avoided anyone and has improved way beyond the malinga/daws fights anyway what does he gain from a match with ajose?
Quote:
Oscar I wish Lynes had your confidence as the fight would have happened long ago. Lynes does not fancy it or want it. This great fighter Lynes got stopped by Malinga and Lenny Daws and you have the audacity to claim he can beat Ajose. Boy I wish you were his manager as we would have knocked him out by now as you would have made the fight.
oscar is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2008, 03:56 PM   #69
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
nothing audacious at all colin lynes has never avoided anyone and has improved way beyond the malinga/daws fights anyway what does he gain from a match with ajose?
Lynes will gain and get a good ass kicking that is what he will get in match with Ajose not to talk of a chance to fight for the Commonwealth title which he claimed hewanted until Ajose won the title. Why does he not take the fight since he is such a game fighter or is he not game. We would gladly come to his hometown to knock him out. In fact it would be a privilege as nothing beats giving a guy a good spanking in his hometown.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:48 PM   #70
oscar
Journeyman

stop trying to copy colin thats what he does best, looks like your man has to get in line so many requests on table
Quote:
Lynes will gain and get a good ass kicking that is what he will get in match with Ajose not to talk of a chance to fight for the Commonwealth title which he claimed hewanted until Ajose won the title. Why does he not take the fight since he is such a game fighter or is he not game. We would gladly come to his hometown to knock him out. In fact it would be a privilege as nothing beats giving a guy a good spanking in his hometown.
oscar is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 12:06 PM   #71
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
stop trying to copy colin thats what he does best, looks like your man has to get in line so many requests on table
No what Colin does best is fight scared and fight like a woman. Thats right. Put him with a real fighter and he gets what is coming to him. I have not exactly heard him request rematches with Junior Witter, Malinga and Daws for that matter. Why anyone would want to copy Lynes of all the people is beyond me.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:30 PM   #72
oscar
Journeyman

what would be gained from malinga or daws rematch? witter has open offer anyplace anytime,why are you so keen on ajose fighting colin you say european belt is not as good as ajose allready has
Quote:
No what Colin does best is fight scared and fight like a woman. Thats right. Put him with a real fighter and he gets what is coming to him. I have not exactly heard him request rematches with Junior Witter, Malinga and Daws for that matter. Why anyone would want to copy Lynes of all the people is beyond me.
oscar is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 12:46 PM   #73
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Mr Olu - what is your link with Olusegun? Are you related?
elle is offline  Top
Old 01-31-2008, 02:16 PM   #74
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
Mr Olu - what is your link with Olusegun? Are you related?
Civil Partnership under European court of Law.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #75
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Civil Partnership under European court of Law.
I am a real man unlike you who are obviously a woman. Tell me who plays the man when you and your mate Lynes get together.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum