Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-09-2012, 04:14 AM   #1
Longcount
boxing
ESB Addict

vCash: 1034
Default The hypocrisy of Sky Sports - Ringside features unlicensed boxing event?

Quote:
Transatlantic Battle of the Badges takes place on Friday 27th April 2012 at the Fenton Manor, Sports Complex, Staffordshire. The event will be hosted by boxing legend Johnny Nelson and will feature on Sky Ringside.
Event was organised and sanctioned by the WCBC.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Longcount is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: The hypocrisy of Sky Sports - Ringside features unlicensed boxing event?

The most awful part of that is calling Nelson a legend.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
12downfor10
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 206
Default Re: The hypocrisy of Sky Sports - Ringside features unlicensed boxing event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
The most awful part of that is calling Nelson a legend.
12downfor10 is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 04:21 AM   #4
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I'm not sure where the huge hypocrisy is.

Have SKY said they are against unlicensed or non-BBBofC boxing per se ? Or have they just taken the line that this big fight featuring a guy who had his license revoked for being 'unfit' is a 'disgrace' ?

Let's be honest, Chisora is unlicensed by the BBBofC for good reason. He's a liability.
Legend X is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 04:23 AM   #5
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Coming from the team who shamelessly called for Haye - Harrison, and then were shocked at the result, despite showing Harrison getting his arse haned to him by Sprott for 11 rounds.

I'll let them get on with this. After dropping Hatton by email, they are not in a position to take the moral ****ing high ground
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #6
Legend X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vano-Irons View Post
Coming from the team who shamelessly called for Haye - Harrison
Steve Bunce was one of the leading culprits in that regard.
Legend X is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #7
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Sky ****ed me off yesterday with their bullshit, McCrory is a turd, his interview didnt even make sense "they're not licensed" ... erm yes they are Rory.

Sky are indeed in no position to take the moral high ground
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 AM   #8
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

To be fair thy aired about 90 seconds on it and the main point being promoted was that it was for charity.

Really cannot see the link here.

But yes McCrory is a tool, and loves the gear *apparently so should really be careful when taking the moral high ground.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 AM   #9
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dont see what the problem is, this is just simply for people that want to have a go at boxing but not necessarily professionaly.
rampant is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 04:49 AM   #10
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

McCrory's interview just made me want to watch Lewis vs McCrory.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 04:54 AM   #11
Ace Frehley
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
Ace Frehley is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #12
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilesey View Post
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #13
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashalasha7 View Post
Sky ****ed me off yesterday with their bullshit, McCrory is a turd, his interview didnt even make sense "they're not licensed" ... erm yes they are Rory.

Sky are indeed in no position to take the moral high ground
I'm from the North East and everybody from up here who is involved in the boxing sceane seems to hate him. I've met him twice and he was ok but, I've heard he put on an amateur boxing show and didn't even buy trophies, has a massive cocaine problem and is just a massive self promoter who uses people from trainers and expierience fighters who know him better.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #14
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilo View Post
To be fair thy aired about 90 seconds on it and the main point being promoted was that it was for charity.

Really cannot see the link here.

But yes McCrory is a tool, and loves the gear *apparently so should really be careful when taking the moral high ground.
Yeah, some of these unlicensed gigs these days actually seem quite legit, they have a qualified doctor at events, give money to charity, match people fairly etc. I have nothing against that side of it since your only allowed to box amateur up to the age of 40 these days but if you are to host an 'unlicensed' event I believe that you should have to have created one of these ligit and safe mini organisations and have it approved to run a show by the government.

As for things like the EBF and these guys who just simply book a venue and put on their own show, it's just a disgrace more often than not. Kids who can't box fighting for "titles" against other kids who can't box, sometimes kids who can't box against ex pros who want to make a bit of money etc.

It's just bad news really more often than not and I think outside of amateur and pro fights should just be called "exhibitions".
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #15
DanielJFiasco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 565

McRory reminds me of Bungle from Rainbow. Reckon Adam Smith would be Geoffrey, Jonny Nelson would be George, and McGuigan is Zippy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlutZxpWDPA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlutZxpWDPA[/ame]
DanielJFiasco is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum