Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #316
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

I am simply saying this split the purse 50/50 and the PPV revenue 50/50 if not then no fight and you cant call that ducking
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #317
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
getting a PPV share. 50/50 split and get this fight on. and if floyd thinks he is the better man, he can accept the 55/45 to the winner.
No, no winner gets more BS. Marquez just schooled Pac and he lost the decision. Same could happen to Floyd. Dumb idea
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #318
hooligan
Millionaire Bum
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: your daughter's bedroom
Posts: 1,917
vCash: 1077
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

if there is one fight out there that deserves 50/50....its the pbf-pac fight....
hooligan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #319
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 3111
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
I am simply saying this split the purse 50/50 and the PPV revenue 50/50 if not then no fight and you cant call that ducking
it is ducking if you leave 40 mil on the table to fight for 25, especially after saying you would fight for less (i.e. not needing a 50/50 split)



i wish floyd would just stfu and call arum's bluff on the 50/50 to end the bullshit, because once he does, and arum tosses up more crap, it will be dead and buried, unlike now where there is still .01% chance of the fight getting made
timmyjames is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #320
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,238
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

I used to quite like Pacquaio, then I came here and encountered his fans.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #321
theword
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles by way of Philadelphia
Posts: 694
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Pacquaio puts more asses in seats?! He fights in much larger stadiums you retards. Cowboys stadium bumps his figures up in a huge way.

Mayweather's gate is higher per fight.

Mayweather's PPV numbers are higher.


E.G. Mayweather brings in more money.
So...what your saying is...Pac audience numbers aren't impressive because the venues are bigger? Strange logic my man. You don't see that as a sign of his popularity? That he is able to draw so well in a non traditional (well, of recent times in any event).

I don't think anyone is arguing that FMJ makes less money, the argument, from most rational fans is that 50/50 is fair because they are ****ing acting like retarded children.
theword is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #322
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjames View Post
it is ducking if you leave 40 mil on the table to fight for 25, especially after saying you would fight for less (i.e. not needing a 50/50 split)



i wish floyd would just stfu and call arum's bluff on the 50/50 to end the bullshit, because once he does, and arum tosses up more crap, it will be dead and buried, unlike now where there is still .01% chance of the fight getting made
To who? not to me, if Floyd turned down cus the money isnt right you all would be quoting that shit and saying the money isnt right, well for Pac, who did hold this division together and went out and fought fighters Floyd should have been fighting he has earned at the very least that.

Answer this one question, had Manny not moved up and fought those guys and beat them would there be a demand for a Floyd fight?
No there wouldnt be obviously there is a demand for it and thats because Manny went out took a calculated risk and it paid off now its time to cash in on that and maximize your gross
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #323
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjames View Post
it is ducking if you leave 40 mil on the table to fight for 25, especially after saying you would fight for less (i.e. not needing a 50/50 split)



i wish floyd would just stfu and call arum's bluff on the 50/50 to end the bullshit, because once he does, and arum tosses up more crap, it will be dead and buried, unlike now where there is still .01% chance of the fight getting made
but he won't and continue to refuse the fair 50/50 sharing. and he's even spouting more BS like his health is more important.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #324
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 3111
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
To who? not to me, if Floyd turned down cus the money isnt right you all would be quoting that shit and saying the money isnt right, well for Pac, who did hold this division together and went out and fought fighters Floyd should have been fighting he has earned at the very least that.

Answer this one question, had Manny not moved up and fought those guys and beat them would there be a demand for a Floyd fight?
No there wouldnt be obviously there is a demand for it and thats because Manny went out took a calculated risk and it paid off now its time to cash in on that and maximize your gross
wtf are you going on about? no shit pac took a calculated risk...fighting big names at their most vulnerable...and he has made a shit load of money doing so...that doesn't mean he deserves some kind of special gift from other boxers...what kind of dumb ass logic is that?

and how is 30-60% more that any of his previous fights ($ wise) NOT cashing in? Let me ask you again, since you refused to answer before:


40,000,000


25,000,000


pick one
timmyjames is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #325
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 3111
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
but he won't and continue to refuse the fair 50/50 sharing. and he's even spouting more BS like his health is more important.
at the same time, i wish pac would man the **** up and stop hiding behind arum...but he won't, and he's even spouting more b/s like God wants him to retire


perhaps God should talk to his promoter
timmyjames is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #326
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
No, no winner gets more BS. Marquez just schooled Pac and he lost the decision. Same could happen to Floyd. Dumb idea
are you insinuating that floyd and oscar has not enough pull?
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #327
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjames View Post
wtf are you going on about? no shit pac took a calculated risk...fighting big names at their most vulnerable...and he has made a shit load of money doing so...that doesn't mean he deserves some kind of special gift from other boxers...what kind of dumb ass logic is that?

and how is 30-60% more that any of his previous fights ($ wise) NOT cashing in? Let me ask you again, since you refused to answer before:


40,000,000


25,000,000


pick one
Let me ask you this whats more important to you the fight being made or Floyds bank account?

Most people here seem more concerned with Floyds Bank account than the ****ing fight let me give you a reality check he isnt sharing a ****ing dime with you kid
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #328
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjames View Post
at the same time, i wish pac would man the **** up and stop hiding behind arum...but he won't, and he's even spouting more b/s like God wants him to retire


perhaps God should talk to his promoter
pac has been saying that since 4 years ago. he already is old for a pro boxer with 17 years of ring age. meanwhile,floyd pulls these BS excuse like moving the purse split, talking about self-preservation and that his health is more important, that's why he would not fight pacquiao.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #329
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
are you insinuating that floyd and oscar has not enough pull?
Yes.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #330
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,897
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Let me ask you this whats more important to you the fight being made or Floyds bank account?

Most people here seem more concerned with Floyds Bank account than the ****ing fight let me give you a reality check he isnt sharing a ****ing dime with you kid


other flomos also can answer this question...
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013