boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #376
Gunns4hire
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

This is a non issue 5 common opponents five higher numbers to the winner by unanimous decision.....FLOYD MAYWEATHER!!!

Doesn't matter why you pay to see a fighter fight you still pay to see him fight..

In the US everything else stops when mayweather fights

In the phillipines everythinf stops when pac fights..

but when Floyd fights nothing else is considered for that weekend..

U cant split it by ticket sales because economic demographics will skew the # of supporters for each fighter...i.e. if more pac fans can afford fight tix then it would seem as if he is the bigger draw..

and then u can't account for those same fans who might buy floyd tix or ppv's just to seem him lose.

Floyd deserves 60% Pac 40%

Floyd undefeated world champ since 96' and beat the last PPV Champ while he was still the PPV Champ and a legitimate Belt holder ODLH!!
Gunns4hire is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #377
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns4hire View Post
T

but when Floyd fights nothing else is considered for that weekend..

Then Explain why I went to Laguna Beach for the weekend, and did not order the fight (Even Though I am Mexi/Rican)
Rather hung out with some friends partied a bit, and illegally downloaded the fight a few days later?
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #378
Concrete
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,992
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

What are Pac's options really? Mayweather gonna make 40mil reguardless if its Khan or Canelo or Berto or anyone at 154. Pac isn't going to make 40mil fighting Bradley or Marquez 4 and all the rest of the names are signed to GBP.

If he had options then he could make a stronger case for himself but he doesn't have options. He needs to cash out against Mayweather before its to late.

Pac needs to look at it like this. He needs to take the 40mil and win that fight. If he can beat Mayweather then he could ask for the lions share in the rematch or it won't even matter as his earnings will now blow up even more for whoever he fights next and he could make back to back 40mil fights. Its flat out smarter buisness.
Concrete is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #379
theword
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 805
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunns4hire View Post
This is a non issue 5 common opponents five higher numbers to the winner by unanimous decision.....FLOYD MAYWEATHER!!!

Doesn't matter why you pay to see a fighter fight you still pay to see him fight..

In the US everything else stops when mayweather fights

In the phillipines everythinf stops when pac fights..

but when Floyd fights nothing else is considered for that weekend..

U cant split it by ticket sales because economic demographics will skew the # of supporters for each fighter...i.e. if more pac fans can afford fight tix then it would seem as if he is the bigger draw..

and then u can't account for those same fans who might buy floyd tix or ppv's just to seem him lose.

Floyd deserves 60% Pac 40%

Floyd undefeated world champ since 96' and beat the last PPV Champ while he was still the PPV Champ and a legitimate Belt holder ODLH!!
This seems fairly wrongheaded. Fighters are independent contractors, each new fight is a new negotiation. And while I agree that there would be little to no chance that either Floyd or Pac would take less then they had made before, if you offer each man a career high pay day THAT THEY CAN ONLY MAKE FACING EACH OTHER then it is not unreasonable to think that they should both be okay with the split.
theword is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #380
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,240
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by theword View Post
So...what your saying is...Pac audience numbers aren't impressive because the venues are bigger? Strange logic my man. You don't see that as a sign of his popularity? That he is able to draw so well in a non traditional (well, of recent times in any event).

I don't think anyone is arguing that FMJ makes less money, the argument, from most rational fans is that 50/50 is fair because they are ****ing acting like retarded children.
No Sir, if I made myself unclear then I apologise.

Puga was reffering to Pacquaio having had larger attendance numbers than Mayweather on average. I'm saying that the reason for Pacquaio having a larger average than Mayweather, is because of his two fights in Texas which enabled him to have a huge number of people come and watch him fight.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #381
ALTimegreat
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

CatntheHat aint no joke.

u pactards getting owned by one guy in this thread
ALTimegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #382
VecArrow
Custom User Title
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,390
vCash: 137
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Why do Pacquiao fans still believe he DESERVES a 50/50 split when all the financial numbers say otherwise?
I can't wrap my head around their logic.
VecArrow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #383
ALTimegreat
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by VecArrow View Post
Why do Pacquiao fans still believe he DESERVES a 50/50 split when all the financial numbers say otherwise?
I can't wrap my head around their logic.
these idiots just think because pacquiao is a popular NAME that he deserves 50/50. but the numbers say otherwise
ALTimegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #384
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,203
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by VecArrow View Post
Why do Pacquiao fans still believe he DESERVES a 50/50 split when all the financial numbers say otherwise?
I can't wrap my head around their logic.
Bazooka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #385
Don Draper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: US of A
Posts: 218
vCash: 2786
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloMirani View Post
He has a promoter he's contractually obligated to who does it for him....and you're missing the point. Floyd can't dictate his business model to Pacquiao for the simple fact Pac's a big enough name not to bend over to a business model that sells him short....and a proposal that would potentially lose him 10's of millions. And back to that contractually obligated promoter....you can't set ultimatums and say you want his promoter out for the simple fact that HE IS CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED.
He doesn't lose 10s of millions! he's getting a guaranteed $40 million which is the highest he'd ever get and even higher than he'd make if he was going by what Arum wants. What do you not understand? He has to bend to his method because he does not have the luxury to do it his way. You think Pacman doesn't want a guaranteed $40 million then you don't understand the whole situation.

His promoter is contractually obligated to promote the fight and get commission proceeds...he is not obligated to be an investor in the entire event and earn PPV revenue if not required to to so.
Don Draper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #386
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
No Sir, if I made myself unclear then I apologise.

Puga was reffering to Pacquaio having had larger attendance numbers than Mayweather on average. I'm saying that the reason for Pacquaio having a larger average than Mayweather, is because of his two fights in Texas which enabled him to have a huge number of people come and watch him fight.
where did i ever said this?

and why are you suddenly joining these *****'s crusade? even bballchump and other objective *****s thinks that floyd's offer is ****.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #387
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 20,889
vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don D****r View Post
He doesn't lose 10s of millions! he's getting a guaranteed $40 million which is the highest he'd ever get and even higher than he'd make if he was going by what Arum wants. What do you not understand? He has to bend to his method because he does not have the luxury to do it his way. You think Pacman doesn't want a guaranteed $40 million then you don't understand the whole situation.

His promoter is contractually obligated to promote the fight and get commission proceeds...he is not obligated to be an investor in the entire event and earn PPV revenue if not required to to so.
pacquiao already stated his position, he wants a fair share of PPV. floyd leaved him out of it.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #388
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
ellerbe and schaefer was caught lying by saying there were no negotiations but greenburg exposed their lying ass.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Top Rank promoter said that with the pay-per-view income, which up to now hasnít all come in, Pacquiao will earn an additional $5 million, above his guaranteed purse for a total income of $30 million.

This was addressed bro...There were "no negotiations" because there was ZERO TOLERANCE FOR THE DRUG TESTING. As was shown in PACQUIAO MARGARITO 24/7, Team Pacquiao agreed to 7 DAYS, thus there was no reason for any negotiation's to take place. Floyd holds a ZERO TOLERANCE on the drug testing..

**** bro you just keep getting ****d!

Manilastandard is not a legit source. Pugi can't hit the ball if it was the size of a ****in basketball.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #389
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
Well someone else we know had tax trouble and protecting a criminal come on already...

and domestic violence has alot to do with it when your a licensed pro fighter on this level.
Boxing already has a ****ed up image, why do you think Floyd took the plea agreement? its very simple, Floyd knew had this gone to trial his children would be called to the stand and that spells bad news for Mr Mayweather.

but its not just domestic violence its three separate convictions so the man has a history of doing this over a ten year span
cool bro..this has 0 to do with negotiations man.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #390
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao does not deserve a 50/50 split

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
pacquiao already stated his position, he wants a fair share of PPV. floyd leaved him out of it.
50/50 is not a fair share for Floyd..your not getting it man...your just looking at Manny...

So let's say Floyd does 50/50...Pac DOBULES his highest payday and Floyd only makes what he made for Cotto.

Pac takes $40,000,000 and he makes $15,000,000 more than he ever made for a fight while Floyd makes $10,000,000 more than he made for Cotto.

You just don't get it do you?
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015