Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #346
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187
Default Re: The Golovkin v Fuchigami, Kid Galahad V Wale RBR featuring Eubank jr and Witter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisorako View Post
I agree and disagree. His level of opposition right now is what you'd expect after 8-10 fights I think. They could have easily thrown him 4 guys and he'd have a 100percent k.o record right now.
It would be extremely difficult to find domestic fighters that bad.
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #347
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664
Default Re: The Golovkin v Fuchigami, Kid Galahad V Wale RBR featuring Eubank jr and Witter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfinch View Post
haha at the local 'rudeboys' flipping the bird when the camera comes on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMcB View Post
What a bunch of ****ing reprobates the Galahad fans are!
Me and my Mrs were sat right in the middle of them, they were ****ing great lads. Polite and quiet until the Kid came on and then they went mental. Its a step up from the bunch of pissed up Brummies we were sat in the middle of the last time I took her to a fight (Gavin fans hang your heads in shame)
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #348
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApatheticLeader View Post
Erm....perhaps you should WATCH Eubank Snr's 4th fight....
I said "I bet" because I haven't seen it, and I suspect you haven't either
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #349
btahthezone
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

I feel people are harsh on Eubanks Jr. He is not his dad he is his own fighter he has had 4 fights that are NOT with bums but decent well experienced fighters giving a good account of himself. You see 'prospects' put in with Johnny Greaves and fighters of that calibre thats okay to gain rounds in the ring with experience but He has been in with unbeaten Paul Allison and Harry Matthews who can also fight

Give him a break and let him get his fights going and see what he's got after 10 fights
btahthezone is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #350
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
I said "I bet" because I haven't seen it, and I suspect you haven't either
You're right. It's the 5th fight I've seen, and he looked even worse than Jnr.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #351
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisorako View Post
You don't see any contradictions between your two posts right there?

Anyway, you think he is feather fisted, I actually disagree, He would have had the guy out of there if it was a 12round fight. You are reading far far too much into and early in the career six rounder.
I don't see any contradictions at all.....one fights in the knowledge that his power isn't great and is mature enough to use movement as the clincher whilst the other throws to the bleachers in the hope that somethings going to land. Eubank gets caught and he gets caught often, I sincerely hope that he has inherited his dads whiskers because fighting like that he'll need them.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #352
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by btahthezone View Post
I feel people are harsh on Eubanks Jr. He is not his dad he is his own fighter he has had 4 fights that are NOT with bums but decent well experienced fighters giving a good account of himself. You see 'prospects' put in with Johnny Greaves and fighters of that calibre thats okay to gain rounds in the ring with experience but He has been in with unbeaten Paul Allison and Harry Matthews who can also fight

Give him a break and let him get his fights going and see what he's got after 10 fights
No, they are bums. Except I don't like the term 'bum'. So instead I'll use the term 'extremely low-level journeymen'.

Once again - the people Eubank are fighting can't throw punches effectively because of lack of training and basic technique - hence the large amounts of PTS verdicts. They are fighting people that are in the same boat at around the same level. At that lowly level people with winning records lose against people with awful records as a matter of course.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #353
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
You're right. It's the 5th fight I've seen, and he looked even worse than Jnr.
I bow to your greater knowledge. I suppose what I don't like is his i8nsistance that he wants to be his dad....everything stinks of his dad...he needs to just go his own way, satisfy himself and carve his own course
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #354
btahthezone
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
No, they are bums. Except I don't like the term 'bum'. So instead I'll use the term 'extremely low-level journeymen'.
Well they must be good 'extremely low-level journeymen' as Harry Matthews has gone 10 rounds twice and fought for British Masters title 3 times, Allison was unbeaten and look very good. They are not as bad as some of the people the other promotors stick in the ring with their 'prospects' they are decent fighters who could cause a bit of trouble
btahthezone is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #355
Diamante

vCash:

How did GGG get on dudes? I missed the fight.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #356
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by btahthezone View Post
Well they must be good 'extremely low-level journeymen' as Harry Matthews has gone 10 rounds twice and fought for British Masters title 3 times, Allison was unbeaten and look very good. They are not as bad as some of the people the other promotors stick in the ring with their 'prospects' they are decent fighters who could cause a bit of trouble
See the completed post please.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #357
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Quote:
There are a lot of Johnny Come Lately boxing fans who consider power to be everything, believe me, it isn't, not by a long way. The Kid has decent skills and he stings when he throws. Its important to get the fundamentals in place and then they can work on the power...it will come I'm certain
Well said
DrMo is online now  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #358
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

Quote:
I bow to your greater knowledge. I suppose what I don't like is his i8nsistance that he wants to be his dad....everything stinks of his dad...he needs to just go his own way, satisfy himself and carve his own course
Couldn't agree more. It would help if Sr will bugger off from ringside - or at the very least he wasn't interviewed.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #359
SuperTed
Journeyman

vCash: 917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamante View Post
How did GGG get on dudes? I missed the fight.
Looked very good, took out his man in 3.
SuperTed is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #360
BrianMcB

Quote:
Me and my Mrs were sat right in the middle of them, they were ****ing great lads. Polite and quiet until the Kid came on and then they went mental. Its a step up from the bunch of pissed up Brummies we were sat in the middle of the last time I took her to a fight (Gavin fans hang your heads in shame)
The camera went on them post fight and it was like a 2005 Grime video
Sideways caps, middle fingers and rap style hand gestures

Sounds like they were alright, then again anyone is when compared to people from Birmingham.
BrianMcB is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum