Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #16
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the few, the proud, the Philippines
Posts: 4,439
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Because Pac is "expected" to perform very well against Floyd to the "casual fan."

In reality, he will not perform well and the casual fan will be upset at that...The casual fan does not realize what a mismatch Mayweather Pacquiao really is.
Same as the "drained" De La Hoya fight right?
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #17
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Pacquiao is to Mayweather as Tito was to Oscar.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Because Pac is "expected" to perform very well against Floyd to the "casual fan."

In reality, he will not perform well and the casual fan will be upset at that...The casual fan does not realize what a mismatch Mayweather Pacquiao really is.
LOL....don't be silly... If it were that easy Floyd would have already taken Pac to school andback while counting "weigh-money" all the way to the bank.

And there are a lot of guys like Leonard, Hagler and Holmes who aren't exactly the "casual" fan you speak of, but I think they're opinion has a little more weight to them than "Joe Schmoe" who buys all the big fights and thinks that makes him some kind of expert.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2012, 09:06 PM   #19
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Pacquiao is to Mayweather as Tito was to Oscar.
Nah....Cotto is to Pac and Floyd what Tito was to DLH.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #20
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,935
vCash: 2650
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Arum is scared to make the fight...he knows Manny will be exposed on fight night.
Only a complete dumbass ballbag would use the word "exposed" with regards to manny.

If he loses to Mayweather it's because he's lost to the better man on the night and a bonafide ATG.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #21
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
Only a complete dumbass ballbag would use the word "exposed" with regards to manny.

If he loses to Mayweather it's because he's lost to the better man on the night and a bonafide ATG.
your not getting it. The casual fan is expecting to see a competitive fight...it won't be...floyd will stop him in 10 and be up 6-2-1 even by the fight is stopped...have to score the 10th so 7-2-1 even when it's stopped.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #22
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Nah....Cotto is to Pac and Floyd what Tito was to DLH.
no...Pac is to Floyd what Tito was to Osdcar.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #23
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
your not getting it. The casual fan is expecting to see a competitive fight...it won't be...floyd will stop him in 10 and be up 6-2-1 even by the fight is stopped...have to score the 10th so 7-2-1 even when it's stopped.
It would be Floyds hardest fight due to styles and the fact that Many is just as fast with as good if not better conditioning. Southpaw....pressure.....unorthodox.....not exactly a Floyd "wet dream".....more like his nightmare...and after his tough fight with Miguel, Fliyd isn't any more eager to come off his ridiculous proposal of taking all of the PPV money.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #24
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5,935
vCash: 2650
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
your not getting it. The casual fan is expecting to see a competitive fight...it won't be...floyd will stop him in 10 and be up 6-2-1 even by the fight is stopped...have to score the 10th so 7-2-1 even when it's stopped.
No, you're not getting it.

Exposed is a fighter who record is padded, who's fans hype up beyond belief but loses badly when stepping up against top competition time and time again.

Learn the terminology before using it.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #25
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
no...Pac is to Floyd what Tito was to Osdcar.
You must have done terrible on the SAT'S.. You have no sense or ability to compare....or at least not when it comes to boxing as it relates to PPV buys by its top fighters... You worry me kid..
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #26
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
You must have done terrible on the SAT'S.. You have no sense or ability to compare....or at least not when it comes to boxing as it relates to PPV buys by its top fighters... You worry me kid..
I have posted over 30 pages in this forum on boxing numbers.

Why don't you go through my thread history.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #27
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
No, you're not getting it.

Exposed is a fighter who record is padded, who's fans hype up beyond belief but loses badly when stepping up against top competition time and time again.

Learn the terminology before using it.
And Pac has not fought top competition...when he did, he looked bad (Marquez 3)..

Pac has not fought a ranked top 10 in the world opponent other than Marquez since fighting Cotto, which was 3 years ago.

Pac fought a #6 WW Mosley. Pac fought an unranked Margarito. Pac fougth a #6 Clottey.

Pac's recent record is padded.

You shouldn't talk about shit you don't know anything about.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #28
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I have posted over 30 pages in this forum on boxing numbers.

Why don't you go through my thread history.
If its something that is "knowledge" why don't you just recite...it makes more sense and would be a lot more efficient than having me search for you post that would some how change my perception of you knowledge....or lack thereof.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #29
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
It would be Floyds hardest fight due to styles and the fact that Many is just as fast with as good if not better conditioning. Southpaw....pressure.....unorthodox.....not exactly a Floyd "wet dream".....more like his nightmare...and after his tough fight with Miguel, Fliyd isn't any more eager to come off his ridiculous proposal of taking all of the PPV money.
Miguel is a much harder fight for Floyd due to styles...Manny can't deal with counterpunching and has horrible footwork. Floyd's lengthy arms, footwork, jab, right hand all give Pac hell.

Cotto has a much better and longer jab than Manny..Cotto steps into his jab at times making it longer...Manny has a very short jab and it doesn't do much...Floyd will have a highlight clip of pull right hand counters over Manny's jab.

I don't watch boxing on occasion...I watch it full time.

Cotto used his size and weight to push Floyd around at times..Pac can't...Pac also has no inside fight game..something Cotto does have...

But this is all for a different thread...let's get on thread topic.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #30
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the few, the proud, the Philippines
Posts: 4,439
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
And Pac has not fought top competition...when he did, he looked bad (Marquez 3)..

Pac has not fought a ranked top 10 in the world opponent other than Marquez since fighting Cotto, which was 3 years ago.

Pac fought a #6 WW Mosley. Pac fought an unranked Margarito. Pac fougth a #6 Clottey.

Pac's recent record is padded.

You shouldn't talk about shit you don't know anything about.
Okay, so since when was the last time Floyd fought a "top 10" opponent aside from asking Marquez to climb 2 divisions up?
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013