Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #31
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
And Pac has not fought top competition...when he did, he looked bad (Marquez 3)..

Pac has not fought a ranked top 10 in the world opponent other than Marquez since fighting Cotto, which was 3 years ago.

Pac fought a #6 WW Mosley. Pac fought an unranked Margarito. Pac fougth a #6 Clottey.

Pac's recent record is padded.

You shouldn't talk about shit you don't know anything about.
95% of Pacs welter weight career consists of the same fighters that have made Floyds hall of fame legacy. If Pac has a padded record Floyds' must be made of marshmellows.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #32
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict

Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
Okay, so since when was the last time Floyd fought a "top 10" opponent?
are you talking world or division?

if your talking in the world, it would be Shane Mosley..he was #3, followed by Marquez who was #2...followed by Ricky Hatton who was #8.

If your talking about division then it would be Cotto who was #1 at 154..followed by Ortiz who was #3 at 147..followed by Marquez who was #1 at 135, followed by Hatton who was #1 at 140...followed by De La Hoya who was #1 at 154...followed by Baldomir who was #1 at 147...followed by Judah who was #3 at 147...

You have to go back to 2005 to find an opponent who was not top 3 in a division to get to an unranked opponent for Floyd.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #33
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

FYI- Delahoya/Mosley 3 would have took place under Oscar's own banner GBP.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #34
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2650

Quote:
And Pac has not fought top competition...when he did, he looked bad (Marquez 3)..

Pac has not fought a ranked top 10 in the world opponent other than Marquez since fighting Cotto, which was 3 years ago.

Pac fought a #6 WW Mosley. Pac fought an unranked Margarito. Pac fougth a #6 Clottey.

Pac's recent record is padded.

You shouldn't talk about shit you don't know anything about.
I guess 8-0 Leon Spinks exposed Ali eh? Or Douglas - Tyson, McCall/Rahman - Lewis?

Again, only a ****ing idiot would use the word exposed with regards to Pacquiao. I guess Mayweather would also be exposed if Pac beat him eh?

Padded record? Fighting top 10 guys is not padded you stupid Flomo trolling cunt.

I'm through here, someone else can waste their time.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #35
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
are you talking world or division?

if your talking in the world, it would be Shane Mosley..he was #3, followed by Marquez who was #2...followed by Ricky Hatton who was #8.

If your talking about division then it would be Cotto who was #1 at 154..followed by Ortiz who was #3 at 147..followed by Marquez who was #1 at 135, followed by Hatton who was #1 at 140...followed by De La Hoya who was #1 at 154...followed by Baldomir who was #1 at 147...followed by Judah who was #3 at 147...

You have to go back to 2005 to find an opponent who was not top 3 in a division to get to an unranked opponent for Floyd.
Shane Mosley number 3 in the world when he fought Floyd?????
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #36
catnthehat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
95% of Pacs welter weight career consists of the same fighters that have made Floyds hall of fame legacy. If Pac has a padded record Floyds' must be made of marshmellows.
not really..and I'm not only talking WW....If you check the rankings when Floyd beat em and check the rankings when Pac beat em you'll see what I mean..but your just lazy and you won't.

Shane was not world ranked top 10 when Pac beat him...nor was he top 3 in the division.

Tony was unranked when Pac beat him.

#5 Marquez won the fight but Arum made sure he "lost" on the cards.

Clottey was the #6 WW when Pac fought him.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #37
catnthehat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Shane Mosley number 3 in the world when he fought Floyd?????
Yup..he was the pound 4 pound Ring, ESPN, Media, and S.I #3 pound for pound in the world.

You don't know this and you have that avatar? Do you watch a lot of boxing or do you just keep up on the bigger fighters?
Old 05-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #38
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

Quote:
not really..and I'm not only talking WW....If you check the rankings when Floyd beat em and check the rankings when Pac beat em you'll see what I mean..but your just lazy and you won't.

Shane was not world ranked top 10 when Pac beat him...nor was he top 3 in the division.

Tony was unranked when Pac beat him.

#5 Marquez won the fight but Arum made sure he "lost" on the cards.

Clottey was the #6 WW when Pac fought him.

Marquez was never even ranked at 140 when Floyd beat him. This argument is really unorganized.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #39
catnthehat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
I guess 8-0 Leon Spinks exposed Ali eh? Or Douglas - Tyson, McCall/Rahman - Lewis?

Again, only a ****ing idiot would use the word exposed with regards to Pacquiao. I guess Mayweather would also be exposed if Pac beat him eh?

Padded record? Fighting top 10 guys is not padded you stupid Flomo trolling cunt.

I'm through here, someone else can waste their time.
You mean the unranked Margarito ...who, other than Marquez and Cotto was ranked in the top 10 that Pac fought? C'mon you ****ing idiot..let's hear it faggot.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #40
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Miguel is a much harder fight for Floyd due to styles...Manny can't deal with counterpunching and has horrible footwork. Floyd's lengthy arms, footwork, jab, right hand all give Pac hell.

Cotto has a much better and longer jab than Manny..Cotto steps into his jab at times making it longer...Manny has a very short jab and it doesn't do much...Floyd will have a highlight clip of pull right hand counters over Manny's jab.

I don't watch boxing on occasion...I watch it full time.

Cotto used his size and weight to push Floyd around at times..Pac can't...Pac also has no inside fight game..something Cotto does have...

But this is all for a different thread...let's get on thread topic.

Pac had some of the best footwork in the game... On that alone I will leave it at that because much of your confusion is based on your lack of understanding. If you do watch boxing full time you may want to look at going to a real boxing gym. It could help.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #41
catnthehat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Marquez was never even ranked at 140 when Floyd beat him. This argument is really unorganized.
Marquez was #2 in the world when Floyd beat him...He was #1 at 135.

What is not organized is your posts....you hardly follow boxing..you didn't even know that Shane was ranked #1 at WW when Floyd fought him and #3 pound for pound when Floyd fought him.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #42
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yup..he was the pound 4 pound Ring, ESPN, Media, and S.I #3 pound for pound in the world.

You don't know this and you have that avatar? Do you watch a lot of boxing or do you just keep up on the bigger fighters?
Show me some evidence so you can rub it in.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #43
catnthehat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Pac had some of the best footwork in the game... On that alone I will leave it at that because much of your confusion is based on your lack of understanding. If you do watch boxing full time you may want to look at going to a real boxing gym. It could help.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtARRrX2FXQ[/ame]

I do go to a real boxing gym..literally, I do..

Pac "running in" and all that "stutter stepping" he does is not good footwork...very sloppy.

Pac also loses awareness of his body position more than what is normal for a type fighter.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #44
catnthehat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Show me some evidence so you can rub it in.
If you don't know then that is on you..you the one with the SugarShane name...

lmfao evidence..mutha fuka this is common knowledge..

Fact-Ring Magazine, ESPN, S.I, and media rankings all had Marquez #2 pound for pound when Floyd beat him and all had Mosley #3 pound for pound when Floyd beat him.

this ni33a said show me evidence...Google it dumb****...it's also listed in the RING MAGAZINES which were issued around that time.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #45
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

Quote:
If you don't know then that is on you..you the one with the SugarShane name...

lmfao evidence..mutha fuka this is common knowledge..

Fact-Ring Magazine, ESPN, S.I, and media rankings all had Marquez #2 pound for pound when Floyd beat him and all had Mosley #3 pound for pound when Floyd beat him.

this ni33a said show me evidence...Google it dumb****...it's also listed in the RING MAGAZINES which were issued around that time.
Then it's just an opinion just to prove you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Until then, your argument mean nothing.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum