boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #46
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
Show me some evidence so you can rub it in.
You're username is Mosley and you didn't know Shane was a top 3 or 4 fighter, P4P? He got it after he whooped Marg who was #5 P4P and got listed on all the rankings.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #47
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I do go to a real boxing gym..literally, I do..

Pac "running in" and all that "stutter stepping" he does is not good footwork...very sloppy.

Pac also loses awareness of his body position more than what is normal for a type fighter.
Sure you do buddy....and posting Shane embarrassing himself by running from a KO doesn't help your stance about Pac having poor footwork.. I could post a slew of vids of Manny exhibiting stellar footwork, but what's the point? It's common knowledge for most.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #48
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
not really..and I'm not only talking WW....If you check the rankings when Floyd beat em and check the rankings when Pac beat em you'll see what I mean..but your just lazy and you won't.

Shane was not world ranked top 10 when Pac beat him...nor was he top 3 in the division.

Tony was unranked when Pac beat him.

#5 Marquez won the fight but Arum made sure he "lost" on the cards.

Clottey was the #6 WW when Pac fought him.
"Check"? Why would I need to check? I know. Shane, Tony and Josh were all top welters at the time when Pac dominated them... All very good wins for Pac ...and Floyd... None were "great"...but Pac has beaten great fighters and proven his worth.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #49
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
"Check"? Why would I need to check? I know. Shane, Tony and Josh were all top welters at the time when Pac dominated them... All very good wins for Pac ...and Floyd... None were "great"...but Pac has beaten great fighters and proven his worth.
Margarito was not a top welter in 2010-2011
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #50
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Margarito was not a top welter in 2010-2011
Yes he was.....from a realistic stand point.. his only loss that saw him lose his title was at the hands of Shane... He was of course distracted by potentially career ending accusations right before entering the ring and ultimately banned for a year...he came back at 154 for the first time in a really long time to shake the rust off and then faced Manny. He was still a top welter....stripped of his rank because of the hand wrap scandal.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #51
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
Yes he was.....from a realistic stand point.. his only loss that saw him lose his title was at the hands of Shane... He was of course distracted by potentially career ending accusations right before entering the ring and ultimately banned for a year...he came back at 154 for the first time in a really long time to shake the rust off and then faced Manny. He was still a top welter....stripped of his rank because of the hand wrap scandal.
Sorry, having his soul taken by Mosley, banned for a year and no longer fighting at the weight= no longer a top welterweight.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #52
cpnasty
Fight Fan 83
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,334
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by compukiller View Post
DLH was the biggest draw at the time, although Mosley and Tito were also big names in the sport.

Mosley and Tito both demanded either the lion's share or a 50/50 split of the purse. But Arum said hell no, and did not offer a "winner get's the bigger split" option either.

Why did Bob opt not to do a 50/50 split?
Mosley hadn't won a fight in quite some time before the DLH rematch. He didn't have 50% coming.
cpnasty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #53
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
Then it's just an opinion just to prove you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Until then, your argument mean nothing.
My source is the rankings at the time of the fights..My source is Ring Magazine rankings, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and the media rankings.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #54
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleUp99 View Post
"Check"? Why would I need to check? I know. Shane, Tony and Josh were all top welters at the time when Pac dominated them... All very good wins for Pac ...and Floyd... None were "great"...but Pac has beaten great fighters and proven his worth.
Tony wasn't even a welter....

bro just leave..i'll keep chin checking you ...E style!

Joshua was #6 ww when Pac beat him...Shane was #6 WW when Pac beat him..your trying to argue the official rankings..you can't..they are what they are *****.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:59 AM   #55
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarShane_24 View Post
Then it's just an opinion just to prove you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Until then, your argument mean nothing.
nope...i posted the numbers already...just because you request them and i don't post em means ****..fact is shane was number 3 in the world and marquez was number 2..

look at this *****....i slap him and his mom on the same day.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #56
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,541
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Tony wasn't even a welter....

bro just leave..i'll keep chin checking you ...E style!

Joshua was #6 ww when Pac beat him...Shane was #6 WW when Pac beat him..your trying to argue the official rankings..you can't..they are what they are *****.

Tony was a welter. He had his first fight after returning from his ban at 154 but he was still ranked in the Welter Weight division.

Josh and Tony were top welters period. #6 is still considered a top player in any division you salad tossin' groupie.

And please stop with your corny ass posts where you are "Chin checking me.....E-Style". You're a ****ing lame! Who the **** acts like they lace up and put in rounds but talks like a complete *** online? I'm sure the gym you claim to go to is also the "E-version".
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #57
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 24,772
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why didn't Arum do a 50/50 split for DLH-Mosley 3 or the Tito rematch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by compukiller View Post
DLH was the biggest draw at the time, although Mosley and Tito were also big names in the sport.

Mosley and Tito both demanded either the lion's share or a 50/50 split of the purse. But Arum said hell no, and did not offer a "winner get's the bigger split" option either.

Why did Bob opt not to do a 50/50 split?
because DLH called the ****ing shots and didnt want the fights.....if he did, they would have been fought
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015