Beouche 3 20.00%
Hamza 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #31
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Whos the most knowledgable poster on the MMA Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
I truly think your exaggerating.. This isn't The General, and I've never, ever seen a handful of uneducated posts in a multi-page thread.

As much as Scrula and Haggis contribute, they will quite happily roll in the gutter with each other for the better part of a day. It's the only way you can knock them, but I'm not complaining because it can be entertaining.. Haggis going ham with smileys, and Scrula zinging you with the biggest words he can think of.

Will talks a lot of sense too, and Stoo is on his level, or above!

I'm leaving out many names, but the ones I mentioned post the most often. But, I stand by what I said.. This Section is a class above The General, and we are far from being the boring, old cunts that make up the classic section.
Im sorry mate i stand by every word i said , i dont beleive this forum has the knowledge the vast majority of the posters beleive it does , like i said following and observing is different to actually knowing the depth of the sport .

Again just my opinion
thewinfella is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #32
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Most of the 'knowledgeable' posters don't post any more. BoxingCar Cross Trainer and Beebs were probably the best i can recall.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #33
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

I post on the Rogan board as well and honestly this forum has the much stronger MMA discussions. There are too many TUF n00b douchenozzles over there.

As for the best - just look at the top ten of the MMA prediction league for your answer. Those are the people that are backing it up with their predictions week after week.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #34
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1449

Quote:
BTW.. I'd gladly cast away anyone of you fans if it meant Lynchburg could not be a part of this community.

Him, his Jiu-Jitsu and MMA endeavours are far more interesting than discussions about "Who was better in their mid 20's?? Anderson Silva or JJ?"

Cheers dude! I've got another fight on June 9th. I'll be making my light heavy debut... I'll post up a video

Then another BJJ tournament on June 24th... I'm hoping to get a gold this time.

Lynchburg
Lynchburg is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 01:25 AM   #35
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchburg View Post

Cheers dude! I've got another fight on June 9th. I'll be making my light heavy debut... I'll post up a video

Lynchburg
My man.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #36
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Most of the 'knowledgeable' posters don't post any more. BoxingCar Cross Trainer and Beebs were probably the best i can recall.
Beebs seemed to just disappear.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #37
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

What this forum lacks in activity at times it certainly makes up for in intelligent conversation. There are very few guys that regularly post on this forum that aren't knowledgable and respectful. I have posted, and posted on, a couple other MMA forums, and this one has always seemed the best. To be honest, I very rarely even look at the other subforums here anymore. The General is a bastion for ignorance and stupidity, and the other ones just don't interest me too much.

The only issue, as I noted earlier, is that there just isn't a huge amount of activity, and the core group here is pretty small.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 01:47 AM   #38
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Im sorry mate i stand by every word i said , i dont beleive this forum has the knowledge the vast majority of the posters beleive it does , like i said following and observing is different to actually knowing the depth of the sport .

Again just my opinion
I can dig it.

Because IMO, some of these 'knowledgeable' posters are keyboard warriors at heart.

My man Lynchburg has more knowledge than anyone else here, and you don't see him bickering, page after page with other posters.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #39
SomeGuy101
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1383

Me.

I made a post about how Jones wouldn't KO Evans...oh how you all laughed.

Being right all the time is a curse. It's like knowing the world is going to end but you're the sole island of reason is a sea of ignorance so nobody listen to their own detriment.

It is my cross to bear.......
SomeGuy101 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #40
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
I can dig it.

Because IMO, some of these 'knowledgeable' posters are keyboard warriors at heart.

My man Lynchburg has more knowledge than anyone else here, and you don't see him bickering, page after page with other posters.
Hey BobDigi! ( Don't think we've met on here, so hi.)

Let me start by saying I like the Winfella and he's entitled to his opinion of course and so are you, this is a forum for debate and opinions are the name of the game around here.

I'm a noob on this forum, so haven’t been around to see the ebb and flow in terms of members over a long period of time. I’m not really an MMA guy either so I may be unqualified to speak about the general quality of the MMA post here. However, what I do know is that there is a good mix of fighters, ex fighters, historians and general fans on here. I know the pool isn’t huge, but I think all things considered that is a positive and good testament to the quality of the forum and the posters, who I feel are all here for the love of the sport.

Some posters on here may not have the fight experience to talk too technically about training or fighting, however some of those guys have an almost encyclopaedic historical knowledge of the sport, which is very valid and useful knowledge on a forum such as this. I’m a MT guy and have been involved in MT since about 88, but I have huge holes in my historical knowledge which guys on this forum can help me out with. I’ve only been on here for a few months but I’ve learnt a lot about aspects and developments in the sport pre the 80s and post 2003 I never knew about.

Being largely ignorant of the MMA scene post the late 90s any time I’ve asked a question about MMA I haven’t been smashed to pieces by the members, (which happens on a lot of other forums), I’ve been given a well thought out brilliant insightful answer every time, like when I asked about Kimbo, who I really knew nothing about, but within a couple of posts had the run down thanks to a few of the lads here.

I think what I’m trying to say is I like the openness and willingness to engage, challenge and inform on this forum in a mature manner(most of the time). I know what you mean about the small pool of posters, but on some of the larger forums such as AX the kickboxing one, yes there is a lot of knowledge, but there is way more ignorance, so you spend too much tome wading through crap to get your gold, which I don’t have to do here. It also makes it more fun as you get to know the personality of the posters and people tend to be pleasant and helpful even when they are disagreeing.

I like the mix here and have been made to feel welcome, so thanks to all the posters who make this forum what it is. We all love combat sports and we all have something to offer regardless of the level of knowledge and experience each poster has.

By the way BobDigi, a few post ago I was referred to as “knowledgeable” by a couple of posters, so feel compelled to respond the inflammatory "keyboard warrior" thing. Were you refereeing to me as “keyboard warrior”? Entitled to your opinion, but I I'm no "keyboard warrior".

Last edited by boranbkk; 05-16-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Spelling
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #41
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy101 View Post
Me.

I made a post about how Jones wouldn't KO Evans...oh how you all laughed.

Being right all the time is a curse. It's like knowing the world is going to end but you're the sole island of reason is a sea of ignorance so nobody listen to their own detriment.

It is my cross to bear.......

I forgot to add in my last post, I like the humour here to!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #42
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
I can dig it.

Ive had a couple of flashes mate ill admit to that , key board warrior ...................... naaaaaa not me mate !!!

Bickering is another slightly inaccurate wording , i like to pick holes in weak posts , to begin a debate , nothing personal !!!! , i just love an argument , thats my problem , but i will never post to a) make someone look bad (unless they've got it coming to them) or b) directly insult somebody (i.e being called downsyndrome like Scurla called me) , and ive got a downsyndrome cousin homey so i dont appreciate that !!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #43
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

I would have been on the poll if I came on here often enough, no doubt.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #44
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Latineg is the only one I could talk to here about the first UFCs and the dark ages.

But I do agree with most that ESB while having the worst Boxing forum has the best MMA one. If you go to Sherdog, its actually the opposite.

Honorable mention to Monaro.
chimba is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #45
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynchburg View Post

Lynchburg
well you better win..or I will send my wife over to cook for you...and that is far worst then any beating you could get.
Big T is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum