Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 05-17-2012, 12:44 AM   #16
MaliSlamusrex
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prime Cro-Cop vs Current JDS

JDS has won a lot of fights against tough opponents, but lets not forget the Tim Sylvia's and Anderi Arlovski's of this world. Give him a few more fight and then people can make their minds up.
MaliSlamusrex is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #17
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
I like CC but his striking is overrated. CC has crazy kicks and JDS has crazy hands but I'd go with hands to beat kicks as JDS has the footwork.

I've always thought CC has some quit in him. Haven't seen that yet in JDS but you never know. I so wanted to see him vs a killer kickboxer like Overeem.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #18
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Yea some it seems that some people havenīt seen prime Crocop fight. You donīt beat Bonjasky, Bernardo, Le banner and Hunt because your stand up is overrated. Iīm not even sure if JDS could outbox Crocop, but it would have been a great fight
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #19
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotPunch View Post
Yea some it seems that some people havenīt seen prime Crocop fight. You donīt beat Bonjasky, Bernardo, Le banner and Hunt because your stand up is overrated. Iīm not even sure if JDS could outbox Crocop, but it would have been a great fight
JDS's striking is horribly overrated. Yes the dude has heavy hands but that's the extent of it. Technique wise he's good enough for MMA solely because of his power. But then again so is Carwin et al.
I find it amazing that anyone can write off CC who was one of the BEST fighters ever to come out of the K-1 in favour of JDS. Laughable.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #20
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Although it would be much more competitive, Id have to say if you want an example of how this fight goes then watch Nog v Mirko to see how Cro Cop dealt with a good MMA boxer. Now JDS has better hands than Nog, in that he has alot more pop in his punches, but Id say that Nog was actually more skilled in that department, from a technique perspective

And I doubt JDS would get the submission either
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #21
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

CroCop would easily win. Noobs simply dont know and havent seen prime CroCop.

CroCop was one of the best strikers and fought very well in MMA and in K-1, he was a danger to everyone and was known for kicking peoples heads off their shoulders.

JDS has good hands but nowhere near the level of prime CroCop. JDS looks good against inferior strikers. JDS simply hasnt fought any top level and in their prime strikers whereas CroCop used to compete and be a dangerous K-1 fighter (where the best strikers fight).
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #22
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

CroCop in his prime was a beast but he is soooo overrated. I cant recall Mirko defeating any striker in MMA on the level of Junior Dos Santos. Something JDS has over Cro Cop is mental strength and that was proved when they fought 3 years ago, Cro Cop will break down mentally. Junior is very strong and has more confidence IMO and can take a better shot. Have we seen anyone do a Randleman on JDS ? No we have not. Cro Cop may have some advantages but Junior is too fast and too good at cutting the ring to not land his shots and when he does he will knock CC out or break him down.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #23
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
CroCop in his prime was a beast but he is soooo overrated. I cant recall Mirko defeating any striker in MMA on the level of Junior Dos Santos. Something JDS has over Cro Cop is mental strength and that was proved when they fought 3 years ago, Cro Cop will break down mentally. Junior is very strong and has more confidence IMO and can take a better shot. Have we seen anyone do a Randleman on JDS ? No we have not. Cro Cop may have some advantages but Junior is too fast and too good at cutting the ring to not land his shots and when he does he will knock CC out or break him down.
No he actually didnīt defeat striker of Dos Santos level, he beat better and much more accomplished striker in K-1
Old 05-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #24
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
No he actually didnīt defeat striker of Dos Santos level, he beat better and much more accomplished striker in K-1
Can you read ? Apparently you cant but thats ok because I can. What I wrote is that he never defeated anyone on that level in MIXED MARTIAL ARTS. Cro Cop fights differently in MMA then he did in any K-1 fights. Cro Cop keeps his hands lower and his fragile chin has always been alittle more exposed. Watch his fights Mirko was much more confident fighting in a K-1 ring or a Pride ring agianst guys wearing a ****ing mask then he was agianst top guys with real striking.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #25
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
JDS's striking is horribly overrated. Yes the dude has heavy hands but that's the extent of it. Technique wise he's good enough for MMA solely because of his power. But then again so is Carwin et al.
I find it amazing that anyone can write off CC who was one of the BEST fighters ever to come out of the K-1 in favour of JDS. Laughable.
Lots of fans only think of the CC that has been KOed in the last few years. K-1 he was a bad man. Yes he was beat but still when CC was on the card people wanted to see him fight. Same with MMA. Am a fan of JDS and would love to see this match. We just havn't seen JDS hurt or in a bad spot yet. So we don't know how he can deal with it.
Big T is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #26
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Jimmy that's an absurd comparison. His loss to Randleman was not an indication of anything. Other than CC taking an opponent lightly and paying a heavy price. JDS hasn't fought at the highest level (K-1) has made no indications that he has the ability do so. And yet you're willing to write of CC on the basis of a loss to Kevin? What exactly has JDS accomplished that makes you think he's a better striker or fighter than a prime CC?!?!?
Old 05-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #27
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Can you read ? Apparently you cant but thats ok because I can. What I wrote is that he never defeated anyone on that level in MIXED MARTIAL ARTS. Cro Cop fights differently in MMA then he did in any K-1 fights. Cro Cop keeps his hands lower and his fragile chin has always been alittle more exposed. Watch his fights Mirko was much more confident fighting in a K-1 ring or a Pride ring agianst guys wearing a ****ing mask then he was agianst top guys with real striking.
And what exactly makes you think that he can beat some of the best K-1 fighters who dedicate their whole life to beat you standing up, but not JDS. He keeps his hands lower to defend takedowns, but that isnīt a big problem when youīre fighting JDS. Yes his chin was never great and JDS has ko power but if they fought 10 times prime Crocop would probably win more often
Old 05-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #28
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
CroCop in his prime was a beast but he is soooo overrated. I cant recall Mirko defeating any striker in MMA on the level of Junior Dos Santos.
To be fair jimmie, JDS has been beating alot of stiff in terms of stand up. They just get a pass because of the assumption that MMA has improved simply because it's not 2006. Not to say it hasnt improved, but HW striking is one of the areas which is extremely lacking in top level talent. Or am I missing something?

JDS is good, but for lack of a better term he's the best of a bad bunch.

Quote:
Something JDS has over Cro Cop is mental strength and that was proved when they fought 3 years ago, Cro Cop will break down mentally.
Im not sure I know what you mean by breaking down mentally, as I dont ever recall Mirko doing a Oliver McCall in the middle of the cage. Frustrated at being beaten to the punch by fedor and worried about the TD's, then yes. Hard to decribe that as a break down though

Quote:
Junior is very strong and has more confidence IMO and can take a better shot. Have we seen anyone do a Randleman on JDS ? No we have not. Cro Cop may have some advantages but Junior is too fast and too good at cutting the ring to not land his shots and when he does he will knock CC out or break him down.
Well he was outmuscled for a long stretch, had his knees buckled momentarily and had a hard time cutting off the cage against a very poor version of Mirko when they actually fought. JDS caught him repeatedly with upper cuts and knees and didnt kod him, and took a knee to the eye, which indeed made him quit

I suggest a prime Cro Cop would do a little better...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #29
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
And what exactly makes you think that he can beat some of the best K-1 fighters who dedicate their whole life to beat you standing up, but not JDS. He keeps his hands lower to defend takedowns, but that isnīt a big problem when youīre fighting JDS. Yes his chin was never great and JDS has ko power but if they fought 10 times prime Crocop would probably win more often

Of course it is. Mirko didnt have to worry one iota about being taken down in K1. If JDS was in with a fighter on his level or higher striking, then take downs - and Mirko's fear of them - would become a huge factor
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #30
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
Of course it is. Mirko didnt have to worry one iota about being taken down in K1. If JDS was in with a fighter on his level or higher striking, then take downs - and Mirko's fear of them - would become a huge factor
Ohhhh lookie how low his hand are here...oh wait

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Junior landed plenty of punches and DIDN'T kod Mirko, so he switched to the knees in the clinch
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum