Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #31
Bajingo
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1479
Default Re: Theophane turns down Anwar Challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboy1609 View Post
Theophane just said on Twitter that he's got a IBF eliminator offered to him on June 22nd apparently in America...
Got to be Kendall Holt, he's fighting that day and his opponent must have pulled out.
Bajingo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #32
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

he wont be taking that, he is always going on about this and that, but when a meaningful fight comes up he backs sown like a bitch, garantee he wont take that fight.
iron_chin is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #33
Bajingo
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knocking Stick View Post
Theophane just been offered an IBF world title eliminator against Josesito Lopez for June 22nd.

Sorry never seen earlier post!

Well bit more info fighter wise anyway!
Oh so Holt must have pulled out, now that is a good fight, Theophane should take that and just do an 8-rounder here to stay busy.
Bajingo is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #34
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_chin View Post
he wont be taking that, he is always going on about this and that, but when a meaningful fight comes up he backs sown like a bitch, garantee he wont take that fight.
You mean just like when he fought Rodriguez, Garcia and Corley?

You're a ****ing idiot.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #35
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

Quote:
someone needs to ban the retard
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #36
Bajingo
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
someone needs to ban the retard
You can talk
Bajingo is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #37
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

16 May 2012
Anwar statement: Theophane hid from me, wants to win the British title easy
Team Adil Anwar
In a shocking episode of events this week it can be confirmed by the Anwar camp that Ashley Theophane has rejected our offer to challenge for the British Light Welterweight Title this coming 19th May 2012.

In a telephone call between Frank Maloney and ourselves on Monday 14th May 2012, Maloney explained that Steve Williams, scheduled to fight Theophane this Saturday, had pulled out due to illness. Maloney explained that with Theophane requiring a new opponent, he (Maloney) wanted to offer this to Anwar. This invitation was immediately accepted and Maloney confirmed he would make arrangements with Theophane’s camp.

On Tuesday 15th May 2012, Maloney returned a phone call to Anwar’s camp advising that Theophane’s camp had nervously turned Anwar’s offer down. Theophane’s camp reasoned with firstly, a fight with Anwar required a greater purse bid; which had now been set and could not be changed. Secondly, Theophane ignorantly believed Anwar was not at a level worthy enough for the challenge.

Recently it has been confirmed by the BBBofC that Theophane is now scheduled to fight Darren Hamilton.

“Theophane is reluctant to fight me. Justifying a higher purse bid completely contradicts Theophane’s explanation that I’m not a worthy challenger," stated Anwar.

"If Hamilton is more worthy, surely the purse bid would be way too low now for Theophane and therefore the current purse is more suitable to me. So what is it Theophane? Either the money is not good enough for you to lose to me the British title, or I’m not as deserved as Hamilton?”

“Alot of people say Theophane wants the easy way to the top. Granted he has fought some good battles, but he has also picked his timings when the opportunities came. This just goes to prove it. Darren Hamilton does not have the prestige I bring to the table. Our score sheets are leagues apart.

"In a recent interview with World Boxing News, Theophane has justified Hamilton as a greater challenger because he has beaten a British title challenger. Well that’s just pathetic. The right fights at the right times can glorify athletes with new found titles. Some boxers are 20 wins unbeaten but that doesn’t mean they are unstoppable.

"The truth is simple. Theophane and the public know my record overwhelms Hamilton’s. Theophane knows I’m not a straight forward boxer. He says he is world class so why wouldn’t he take a fight people actually want to see? Simple, he just wants to win the British title outright and by the easiest way possible. If this is how he wants to play it so be it. But I’ve said it before, Theophane can’t forever hide from the hurricane I’m bringing his way”.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #38
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

16 May 2012
Frank Maloney: I wanted Theophane v Anwar but Ashley didn't

Frank Maloney

Ashley Theophane will now risk his British light-welterweight title against Darren Hamilton this weekend, after turning down a defence against Adil Anwar.

Hamilton, 33, has stepped in at four days’ notice to challenge Theophane (11-2), who was left without an opponent when Steve Williams pulled out on Monday.

Theophane (31-4-1) will win a Lonsdale belt outright if he defeats Hamilton at Aintree racecourse.

Their fight is the chief support when David Price (12-0) and Sam ***ton (15-2) clash for the vacant British and Commonwealth heavyweight title.

Promoter Frank Maloney wanted to match Theophane against Adil Anwar who boxes on the bill, but the champion refused.

Maloney said: “I wanted to make Ashley against Adil, which would have been a tremendous fight.

“Unfortunately Ashley didn’t want it and although that is disappointing I cannot force him into a fight.

“He will fight Darren who won’t make it easy in his quest to win a Lonsdale belt and I am sure fans will see a good contest.

“Darren was in training for a Southern Area title defence, and deserves a lot of credit for stepping up to the plate.”

In a third major title fight Liverpool rivals Paul Edwards (9-1) and Kevin Satchell square off for the vacant Commonwealth flyweight crown

Classy Leeds boxer Anwar (16-1) meets Dave Ryan (13-5) in a vacant English title and eliminator for Theophane’s crown.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #39
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ashelyt saying the fight deserves a bigger purse then saying he is not on british level

WHAT A LITTLE *****.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #40
iron_chin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

and u trolls who are saying "oh well he fought carcia blah blah" ye i give him credit he fought them guys, but since he won the british he has completely thrown those achievements out the window, picking easy defences just so he can kepp the belt, hes been offered fights with vargas x2, lopez and just like bragging about how he got the call and always bragging about his IBO ranking
Old 05-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #41
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Anwar's spot on IMO, I think Theophane would struggle with lateral movement and speed. Hamilton's not gonna be that easy for Theophane mind i think he's awkward to fight.

In saying that as Anwar said he claims to be world class, why not fight Anwar then?. This was a walk in park Ashley. Or has the Murphy fight knocked the edge off him a little?..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #42
CamR21
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 736

Theophane did right to turn this fight down, Anwar on a few days notice would cause nightmares. With preparation Theophane beats him easily
CamR21 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #43
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
and u trolls who are saying "oh well he fought carcia blah blah" ye i give him credit he fought them guys, but since he won the british he has completely thrown those achievements out the window, picking easy defences just so he can kepp the belt, hes been offered fights with vargas x2, lopez and just like bragging about how he got the call and always bragging about his IBO ranking
Who's Carcia?

And why would he fight Vargas? He would get robbed on the cards even if he done enough to win, plus Vargas is a welterweight, what's the point in moving up when he is comfortable at 140?

Just because he turns the Anwar fight down at a weeks notice, he's ducking him?

Back to the general you twat.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #44
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336

Bet Ashley vacates when Anwar becomes mandatory.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #45
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
Bet Ashley vacates when Anwar becomes mandatory.
'I've decided to release my British title as i've now come to end of my break. It's now time for me to challenge for world honors. I've also made this decision so up and coming fighters like Anwar get a chance at title.'.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum