Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #46
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
yes i agree. I'm happy with 55/45 to floyd.

I think it's 50/50 because regardless of ppv sales this is 2 A-sides fighting each other. And everyone who buys this fight are paying to watch Pac vs May.

As apposed to recent fights of Pac/May vs "insert random opponent"

But based on numbers 55/45 is fair imo.
I guess were about 5-7% apart then.

At 55/45, Floyd only makes $5,000,000 more than he did against Cotto, while Manny makes $20,000,000 more his high payday. I don't get how that is fair, when Floyd does a lot more revenue and a lot more PPV buys on average, with common opponents.

Floyd averages 592,000 more PPV buys among the FIVE common opponents they have.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #47
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO-KING View Post
What about the gap between, Hatton and Marquez. What about the gap between Mosley and Ortiz.

When Floyd Fought Oscar -Both guys american(/mexican) - PPV = In America

When Floyd fought hatton it was 2 undefeated fighters, when he fought Pacquiao a bit of that glamour of 2 undefeated champs fighting each other didn't exsist anymore

Floyd also has bigger names on the undercard, when he fought ortiz he Had Morales in undercard

When he fought Cotto on cinco de mayo he had Canelo on the undercard - who recieved 2 million dollars, mostly because of the PPV buys he attracted - and the fact that he was huge attraction to the PPV event
All that is subjective...also, there is no gap. It's irrelevant that Floyd can get the bigger names on his card and Manny can't. Pac should step up and get the big names then..if he can't then that's on him...

Bradley also received $1,100,000 on Pacquiao's undercard.

It doesn't matter that it's on Cinco De Mayo...What matters is looking at the numbers without an opinion other than what they tell.

There aren't big gaps...decent sized but not big.

His average with Oscar and hatton was 1,650,000 PPV buys.

His average with Marquez and Shane was 1,200,000 PPV buys.

His average with Ortiz and Cotto was 1,375,000 PPV buys.

Among the 5 common opponents, Floyd averages 1,705,000 while Manny averages 1,113,000.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #48
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toontoon View Post
Catnthehat is my new favourite poster on these boards.

He just bends over Pactards and bums them senseless for fun.


If you focus on revenue, PPV numbers, and past payday's, it's very easy to play these pactards at there own game.

MOST of em just come back and insult you because they CAN'T STAND the fact the numbers back Floyd and his position, and Manny gets exposed for his 50/50 stance.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #49
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Pacquiao had Timothy Bradley on his undercard for Marquez. Timothy Bradley has headlined more HBO and Showtime cards than Canelo. FACT.

Bradley is about to be a PPV main event..Canelo has never been a PPV main event.

Bradley also made $1,100,000 for his fight with Casamayor.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #50
Convicted_Felon
Certified Savage
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn, Ny
Posts: 339
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude View Post
Flomos act like Floyd is the PPV king but it's no secret that Floyd need big Mexican name on his undercards to fight on a Mexican Holiday to boost his sale. If PAC was to fight on Cinco De Mayo with Canelo on his undercard I bet he would push pass 1.5 PPV.
Shane Mosley is Mexican too. His PPV with Floyd did 1.4 million. Can't blame that on Canelo because that was Canelo's 1st appearence to most viewers on the HBO scale. I've never heard of Canelo prior to that night. Floyd's PPVs have been selling when Pacquiao was still trying to find his way to superstardom. Pac's PPVs started selling big when they attached Floyd Mayweather's name to his. Pacquiao's promoter is leeching off of Floyd's fame. He's done a great job of building Pacquiao as the fighter to rival Floyd but in all reality, it's a joke. Floyd is a self made man. Pac is just a dog looking to get a bone.
Convicted_Felon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #51
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO-KING View Post
He got 2, well that's what the commentator's said

Your telling Me that Canelo doesn't add to the PPV card? - now that is bullshit

'because he is the champion' - That doesn't mean shit, champions hardly ever get paid that much

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - 5:55 '2 Million Dollars'
The commentators are lying. 1.1 mill he got. That's not all that much considering he is the champion and is supposed to be the next superstar
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #52
bodyopus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Muntinlupa, Philippines
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

The reasons why some is the bigger draw doesn't matter one bit. If that's the case, Floyd could've. complained that ODH has movie star good looks, or that he was Mexican American & Mexican support boxing more than blacks. This argument is nonsense. It doesn't matter why someone is the bigger draw, the only fact that matters is if they are.
bodyopus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #53
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,995
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO-KING View Post
First of all am a neutral in this debate (before Anyone decide's to call me a pactard/flomo).

Isnt the comparison Of Pac vs Floyd a bit unfair on Pacquiao.
Reasons:
  • Floyd = American unlike Pacquiao, PPV vs PPV - is the sales from USA
  • Floyd works with Golden Boy, Who put on Great Undercards - In his last 2 fights he has had Morales, Canelo and Mosley, who on their own sell a lot of PPV's
  • Pacquiao is with that peice of shit Arum, He outright refuses to put a good undercard on - He was once asked why not put Donaire on the undercard - Arum: 'That's the Last thing I want'
  • Floyd Fights far more less, so people have the feeling that the fight might once a event fight, so they spend their money - E.g. if the PPV was $60 - A person may set themselve a budget of $60 dollars to spend on a certain fighter, so they often buy 1 out of 2/3, with floyd they can buy every single one
All valid reasons Floyd should get a higher percentage of the PPV
1- More people in America want to see him fight
2- gives the fans what they want
3- People pay to see him fight when he does and when they do its at a premium price

PrinceN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:59 AM   #54
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,000
vCash: 272
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I guess were about 5-7% apart then.

At 55/45, Floyd only makes $5,000,000 more than he did against Cotto, while Manny makes $20,000,000 more his high payday. I don't get how that is fair, when Floyd does a lot more revenue and a lot more PPV buys on average, with common opponents.

Floyd averages 592,000 more PPV buys among the FIVE common opponents they have.

I honestly do't care as much as you do.

I just see the 2 best fighters in the world. And i want them to get it on.

And I know the whole boxing world agree that its a 50/50 fight until floyd decides it wasn't anymore.

Where we disagree is, if I was the mediator, i'd just look at the last few fights as its a more even representative of where they are now in terms of popularity.
You go back as far as the DeLaHoya fight which is fine and I see your point to include a fighters.
But alls that matters is there popular at this current stage. And Manny is a lot more popular now, than he was back then.
People thought de lahoya bs Pac was a circus act and a mismatch, a cherry pick for Oscar which is why it wasn't bought.

You take delahoya out the equation, and there's really not much in it at all.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #55
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,186
vCash: 119
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
The commentators are lying. 1.1 mill he got. That's not all that much considering he is the champion and is supposed to be the next superstar
where do you get your numbers from
KO-KING is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #56
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,186
vCash: 119
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
All that is subjective...also, there is no gap. It's irrelevant that Floyd can get the bigger names on his card and Manny can't. Pac should step up and get the big names then..if he can't then that's on him...

Bradley also received $1,100,000 on Pacquiao's undercard.

It doesn't matter that it's on Cinco De Mayo...What matters is looking at the numbers without an opinion other than what they tell.

There aren't big gaps...decent sized but not big.

His average with Oscar and hatton was 1,650,000 PPV buys.

His average with Marquez and Shane was 1,200,000 PPV buys.

His average with Ortiz and Cotto was 1,375,000 PPV buys.

Among the 5 common opponents, Floyd averages 1,705,000 while Manny averages 1,113,000.
'It doesn't matter that it's on Cinco De Mayo...What matters is looking at the numbers without an opinion other than what they tell.' - you're telling that having a mexican in a cinco de mayo fight has no effect, use your common sense

Canelo>Bradley in terms of popularity. Gets more Viewers - FACT

Bradley fought casamayor - no one gave a shit about this shit fight

Alvarez vs Mosley was a much bigger fight

'It's irrelevant that Floyd can get the bigger names on his card and Manny can't. Pac should step up and get the big names then..' Arum controls the fights and I have pointed that out, you clearly don't understand the fact that what I am trying to say is Pac PPV vs May PPV is not equally matched as the undercards are much better in terms of names in Floyds card - no matter who is to blame

'There aren't big gaps...decent sized but not big.' Still bigger than pacs,

What about the gap between, Hatton and Marquez. What about the gap between Mosley and Ortiz.
Not gap between Ortiz and Cotto
Or his gap between shane and marquez
KO-KING is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #57
showbox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO-KING View Post
First of all am a neutral in this debate (before Anyone decide's to call me a pactard/flomo).

Isnt the comparison Of Pac vs Floyd a bit unfair on Pacquiao.
Reasons:
  • Floyd = American unlike Pacquiao, PPV vs PPV - is the sales from USA
  • Floyd works with Golden Boy, Who put on Great Undercards - In his last 2 fights he has had Morales, Canelo and Mosley, who on their own sell a lot of PPV's
  • Pacquiao is with that peice of shit Arum, He outright refuses to put a good undercard on - He was once asked why not put Donaire on the undercard - Arum: 'That's the Last thing I want'
  • Floyd Fights far more less, so people have the feeling that the fight might once a event fight, so they spend their money - E.g. if the PPV was $60 - A person may set themselve a budget of $60 dollars to spend on a certain fighter, so they often buy 1 out of 2/3, with floyd they can buy every single one
So what are you saying??
That Floyd should give into Pac 50/50 Demands Since Pac isn't An American?
Promoted By Bob Arum?
Have Terrible Under-cards?
Because pac Fights Twice a year?
SMH!!!! u Pac-Tards Slay Me!!!
Pac is a Grown as.s Man Like Floyd and Not a Child!!!!
Here is an Idea of how the Split Should work
List all their Common Opponents Who did the Better numbers?
List one PPV they had against an unknown to Casual fans ( Pac V.s Clottey, Floyd V. Ortiz) who did better PPV?
List their Most Recent Match See who had the Better #'s
And that Should Settle The money Split!!!!!
SIMPLE AS THAT!!!
showbox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #58
showbox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

And Stop with this Canelo is a Draw Bull sh!t GBP is in the Business of making Money Do you think if Canelo was a PPV draw they would Put him on a under-card??
This is What I mean by you fu..k farts not using ur brain!!

GBP knows their fighter and their base if Canelo could draw 400,000 PPV buys rite now they would have him as a PPV headliner to Maximize Profits!!
Yes the Mexican Fan base is big but GBP don't make any money from 50 million people in Mexico watching the Fights!!
-
FACT their are More Casual fans than Hardcore Fans!!!
Casual Fans Prod make up 90% of PPV buys and how many Casual Fans Knows Canelo??
That is the Reason for them putting him on every Floyd Card So the Casual's can get to know Dude!! and he can become a Star!!!!! Please Stop with the bulls!!t!!!!
showbox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #59
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,186
vCash: 119
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbox View Post
So what are you saying??
That Floyd should give into Pac 50/50 Demands Since Pac isn't An American? Never said it should be 50/50 - said it was a unfair comparison to go by just PPV numbers
Promoted By Bob Arum? Never said that
Have Terrible Under-cards? Never Said that
Because pac Fights Twice a year? Never Said that
SMH!!!! u Pac-Tards Slay Me!!! Not a pactard, not even a pac fan
Pac is a Grown as.s Man Like Floyd and Not a Child!!!! What your point here
Here is an Idea of how the Split Should work
List all their Common Opponents Who did the Better numbers?
List one PPV they had against an unknown to Casual fans ( Pac V.s Clottey, Floyd V. Ortiz) who did better PPV? So the Undercard doesn't affect PPV buy's - Clottey vs Ortiz and Morales on Cinco De Mayo
List their Most Recent Match See who had the Better #'s
And that Should Settle The money Split!!!!!
SIMPLE AS THAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbox View Post
And Stop with this Canelo is a Draw Bull sh!t GBP is in the Business of making Money Do you think if Canelo was a PPV draw they would Put him on a under-card??
This is What I mean by you fu..k farts not using ur brain!!

Never Said Canelo is big enough to have his own PPV, said he ADDs to the PPV more than what Pacquiao's Undercards Add to his PPV

GBP knows their fighter and their base if Canelo could draw 400,000 PPV buys rite now they would have him as a PPV headliner to Maximize Profits!!
Yes the Mexican Fan base is big but GBP don't make any money from 50 million people in Mexico watching the Fights!!
-There is quite a substantial number of Mexicans in America
FACT their are More Casual fans than Hardcore Fans!!!
Casual Fans Prod make up 90% of PPV buys and how many Casual Fans Knows Canelo?? True - But atleast some Mexicans buy the PPV on Cinco De Mayo to support A Mexican
That is the Reason for them putting him on every Floyd Card So the Casual's can get to know Dude!! and he can become a Star!!!!! Please Stop with the bulls!!t!!!!
Don't make up Bullshit, Use your common sense.
I never Said in My Original Post about who should get what, all I said the Split shouldn't be Decided from PPV figures alone
KO-KING is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #60
Nay_Sayer
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,368
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Pactards need to STOP looking @ PPV #s and START looking @ PPV REVENUE.

Floyd's PPVs generate more REVENUE than Manny's.

At the end of the day, the only number that REALLY matters is the Bottom Line.
Nay_Sayer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013