Old 05-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #61
showbox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - PPV comparison question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Pactards need to STOP looking @ PPV #s and START looking @ PPV REVENUE.

Floyd's PPVs generate more REVENUE than Manny's.

At the end of the day, the only number that REALLY matters is the Bottom Line.

Exactly...
PPV numbers Can be Inflated by the Promoters But the Revenue Cannot...
Not Matter Who it is, You Can't LIE to the American Gov't. About Revenue/Income Not When there are Million's of $$ Involved..Eventually They will get you....Ask Wesley Snipes..Matter Of Fact Ask all the Wall Street Buff's, And People that Had Way More Power than Bob Arum, That had to Serve jail Time Over that Sh!!t...
showbox is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #62
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Pactards need to STOP looking @ PPV #s and START looking @ PPV REVENUE.

Floyd's PPVs generate more REVENUE than Manny's.

At the end of the day, the only number that REALLY matters is the Bottom Line.
PPV Revenue's is still influenced by the PPV numbers sold

Why would Pactards look at PPV number - when floyd sells more PPV's?
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #63
showbox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Let me Try to Dumb down the Numbers for Some...
Example A pac fight is like a Party 500 People show up and the Ticket Prices are $10

While a May-weather Party 300 People Show up but his Tickets are $100 Each

When you do the Math even tho Pac had 200 More people his Revenue was only $5,000
While Floyd had 200 Less People showed he took In $30,000
Example Cowboys Stadium Pac Sold about 50,000 tickets, But Floyd Sold 13,000 at the MGM and Made More than him!! ya'll get it now???
Simple Sh!T Now lets Stop with this PPV sh!!t..65-35 and lets get this Gat damn Fight on!!.lol
showbox is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #64
catnthehat
Pac doesn't deserve 50/50
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
all valid points and what's amazing is that pac's numbers are close to what floyd is making. actually, if you compare all their PPV against common opponents when they are on A-side, the average are almost the same.
No they are not the same...A or B side does not matter.

What matters is the FIVE common opponents..Im not arguing as to what me or you think...I'm just giving you the FACT that De La Hoya WILL be used to compare the common opponents.

Also, with revenue, they are not ALMOST the same. You pactards are very easy to take advantage of in this forum. You have to take shit out which helps Floyd to make your statement...Guess what, OSCAR AND FLOYD IS THE HIGHEST REVENUE MAKER OF ALL TIME...NON HW.
catnthehat is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #65
IsaL
A D M I N
East Side VIP

vCash: 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post

What matters is the FIVE common opponents..Im not arguing as to what me or you think...I'm just giving you the FACT that De La Hoya WILL be used to compare the common opponents.

Also, with revenue, they are not ALMOST the same. You pactards are very easy to take advantage of in this forum. You have to take shit out which helps Floyd to make your statement...Guess what, OSCAR AND FLOYD IS THE HIGHEST REVENUE MAKER OF ALL TIME...NON HW.
Go figure... They truly try to be like their hero.
IsaL is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #66
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Still stuck on the common opponents shit? Only a purse obsessed fanboy like you think Common opponents is the be all, end all of purse parity.

Go buy a ****in gucci purse since you're so purse obsessed and **** off little boy.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #67
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO-KING View Post
PPV Revenue's is still influenced by the PPV numbers sold

Why would Pactards look at PPV number - when floyd sells more PPV's?
That's exactly the reason all of them won't look at the numbers
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #68
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:

It's pretty obvious why they don't want to use the Oscar fight

Pathetic.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #69
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
It's pretty obvious why they don't want to use the Oscar fight

Pathetic.
It's actually quite simple troll. Because Floyd and PAc are trying to determine who the bigger draw is, AS the draws in boxing. When both fought DLH, he was the draw. And had been for over ten years. That's like Mayorga or Yory Boy using the DLH fight numbers to prove their selling ability.

They should use their numbers based on THEIR selling ability, as the A sides to a card. As the primary sellers of card, the atttraction.

Is it really that hard to comprehend? I'm sure a fanboy like you will find fault in that.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #70
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
That's exactly the reason all of them won't look at the numbers
I was replying to

'Pactards need to STOP looking @ PPV #s and START looking @ PPV REVENUE.'

Key word being stop, I doubt they would ever start.
-----------
I don't really give a damn who gets the bigger split - because none of that shit is coming to me, what I was trying to point out is for Fans to stop arguing pointlessly about purse and PPV as it doesn't only show Mayweather vs Pacquiao popularity as other factors are involved (also it isn't the be all and end all of boxing), It didn't really work, Flomos vs Pactards seem to argue more
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #71
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
It's actually quite simple troll. Because Floyd and PAc are trying to determine who the bigger draw is, AS the draws in boxing. When both fought DLH, he was the draw. And had been for over ten years. That's like Mayorga or Yory Boy using the DLH fight numbers to prove their selling ability.

They should use their numbers based on THEIR selling ability, as the A sides to a card. As the primary sellers of card, the atttraction.

Is it really that hard to comprehend? I'm sure a fanboy like you will find fault in that.
I'm not a fan boy at all. If the numbers favoured Pac I would feel that he deserves the bigger split. I'm just a realist and don't need to bend and distort facts to suit fighter A or fighter B's agenda.

And by the way, I'm not even sure Floyd was the A side to the Hatton PPV, everyone seemed to be cheering for Rick and it smasked all the UK records.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #72
renyo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 218

The only pay per view numbers that matter are the most recent.. Numbers will change year to year and more importantly fight to fight.. Common opponents only matter when comparing a match up, but have shit to do with money. Considering they are fought at different times and under different circumstances..

It doesn't matter who personally makes more money per fight, it is what the fight generates and sells. This money well be split by promoters and businesses which is what the true split will go to anyway, then diffused among everyone..

Their recent fights are equal.. Each promotional outfit is entitled to a fifty fifty share... Any one going back five fights or five years has and agenda, and doesn't understand shit about market value...
renyo is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #73
catnthehat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post

Does not matter...he is still a common opponent. What your saying is subjective pactard.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #74
catnthehat
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by renyo View Post
The only pay per view numbers that matter are the most recent.. Numbers will change year to year and more importantly fight to fight.. Common opponents only matter when comparing a match up, but have shit to do with money. Considering they are fought at different times and under different circumstances..

It doesn't matter who personally makes more money per fight, it is what the fight generates and sells. This money well be split by promoters and businesses which is what the true split will go to anyway, then diffused among everyone..

Their recent fights are equal.. Each promotional outfit is entitled to a fifty fifty share... Any one going back five fights or five years has and agenda, and doesn't understand shit about market value...
no they aren't...go look at the revenue.

Also, I'm not going off of what I think or you think..I'm simply saying that Oscar, Richard, and Al will use the Oscar fight for common opponents.

You don't just leave that out because in your opinion, they shouldn't.

That's like me saying they shouldn't use the Marquez fight because Marquez-Pacquiao 3 took 7 years to build, while Mayweather Marquez took 5 months. I still use it as I understand they will use it in the negotiations regardless.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #75
PH|LLA
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 5685

the Floyd vs Marquez fight cost only 49.95$ on PPV, cheaper than Pac vs Marquez. And still sold less. A lot of circumstances go in to how much money an event generates. People try to dumb down the numbers but truthfully they don't tell the whole story.
PH|LLA is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum