Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Overall more skilled?
Whitaker 21 70.00%
Sanchez 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #31
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: The overall more skilled fighter: Whitaker or Sanchez?

LMAO at putting down Gomez, Nelson and Danny Lopez then mentioning a shopworn Ramirez as an example of a far better fighter.

I could understand the debate at least if Pea had fought Ramirez in 1983 or something, but not the aging one with more promotional backing than skill of the decades end.
lora is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2012, 06:05 AM   #32
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lora View Post
LMAO at putting down Gomez, Nelson and Danny Lopez then mentioning a shopworn Ramirez as an example of a far better fighter.

I could understand the debate at least if Pea had fought Ramirez in 1983 or something, but not the aging one with more promotional backing than skill of the decades end.
Perhaps if you learned to read you would then take your foot out of your mouth ..
he grant is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #33
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokaj View Post
No, I was calling you on BS.
No, you were trying to extend and build an argument for arguments sake by splitting hairs and pivoting but got called on in and backtracked as your initial point fell flat as it often does ... nothing new with you ..
he grant is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #34
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Post 25, in response to Bokaj asking you what fighters were far better than Gomez, Lopez and Nelson...

you run all three wins down then mention Ramirez in the next paragraph as one of the wins which were far better.

idiot
lora is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #35
Bokaj
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by he grant View Post
No, you were trying to extend and build an argument for arguments sake by splitting hairs and pivoting but got called on in and backtracked as your initial point fell flat as it often does ... nothing new with you ..
As a rule of thumb, never get carried away with using a new dictionary.

I questioned that older Nelson was far better than the younger version and that any of Whitakers beaten opponents were far better than Lopez and Gomez. I also thought it was strange reasoning to put down Lopez as a win because it was so dominant.

I don't see any hairsplitting, backtracking or pivoting here, but, hey, I'm not the one with a dictionary.
Bokaj is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #36
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokaj View Post
As a rule of thumb, never get carried away with using a new dictionary.

I questioned that older Nelson was far better than the younger version and that any of Whitakers beaten opponents were far better than Lopez and Gomez. I also thought it was strange reasoning to put down Lopez as a win because it was so dominant.

I don't see any hairsplitting, backtracking or pivoting here, but, hey, I'm not the one with a dictionary.
I don't know why you would need a dictionary to understand my points but if you want grade school posts go back to the General Forum ...

I would imagine my points were obvious but here goes ...

Danny Lopez was a very exciting and popular fighter but far from a great fighter ... in many ways he was at best slightly better than a Gatti ... he always got hit very hard and often and while he was able to survive good fighters he could not defeat great fighters.

Gomez was Sanchez's biggest win and it was a highly anticipated fight but Gomez was a smaller man challenging a bigger man and his limitations were exposed. BY no means was Sanchez a big puncher but he cut through Gomez as if he punched like Arguello.

The Nelson point stands on it's own and is not questioned. There is no way the 13 fight novice compares with the later version.

Whitaker easily defeated a prime Ramirez who was a extremely tough world champion who stopped Edwin Rosario .. he was also fighting in his weight class.

Whitaker twice dominated a very talented champion in Buddy McGirt, again afar moving up in weight.

Whitaker cleanly diced up Chavez when Julio was at the top of his game and considered by many to be the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

Whitaker moved up to 154, three divisions over his prime weight and captured the jr. middleweight title from Vasquez in a one sided decision ...

Past his own prime, out of his best best weight, he fought very competitive fights with young tigers Oscar and Felix ...

To me this is a far more significant series of accomplishments ...
he grant is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lora View Post
Post 25, in response to Bokaj asking you what fighters were far better than Gomez, Lopez and Nelson...

you run all three wins down then mention Ramirez in the next paragraph as one of the wins which were far better.

idiot
You did not need to sign your post ... your words speak for themselves ...
he grant is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #38
PoliSari
█ Geek Chic Superstar █

vCash: 2522

Whitaker.
PoliSari is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum