Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 05-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #31
frankd01
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Whats Geale got to do?

I agree with the above comment. Geale is a very good fighter but he needs to learn how to sell himself to the Aussie public!!
frankd01 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2012, 04:17 AM   #32
gambler
Journeyman

Geale was on local radio this morning. The interviewer says he is the most humble and nice guy, winning world title has not changed him at all- and he should gain more interest (example of a guy who just does not get it). Then he comes on with his expressionless voice and say cliché talk.

This is great. If you are a tennis player or golfer.

But Geale is a professional boxer. Prize fighter.

He needs some character. You don’t need to talk like Mundine (but it’s an effective way), but can create interest say like Danny Green. Carries himself very well, chest pumped out, talks enthusiastically about exciting things, and gets stuck into things his disagrees with. The Green Machine. He is a character, a true blue ozzie and loves a fight. This makes me interested and many others, puts bums on seats and sells PPV. Boxing is not a game for nice guys.

Geale needs to do the above, tuck his shirt in or one that fits, sit up, stop raving on about US and fight Soliman in a fight Sam deserves for an all Aussie showdown at Vodafone Arena.
gambler is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2012, 04:45 AM   #33
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

This post might be eligible for biggest bullshit of the year award.
Holy **** there's some right old bollocks for ya.

Geale needs to change nothing, when he's unified the MW division, plenty will sit up and take notice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambler View Post
Geale was on local radio this morning. The interviewer says he is the most humble and nice guy, winning world title has not changed him at all- and he should gain more interest (example of a guy who just does not get it). Then he comes on with his expressionless voice and say cliché talk.

He needs some character. You don’t need to talk like Mundine (but it’s an effective way), but can create interest say like Danny Green. Carries himself very well, chest pumped out, talks enthusiastically about exciting things, and gets stuck into things his disagrees with. The Green Machine. He is a character, a true blue ozzie and loves a fight. This makes me interested and many others, puts bums on seats and sells PPV. Boxing is not a game for nice guys.

Geale needs to do the above, tuck his shirt in or one that fits, sit up, stop raving on about US and fight Soliman in a fight Sam deserves for an all Aussie showdown at Vodafone Arena.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #34
donkeyking
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post

Geale needs to change nothing, when he's unified the MW division, plenty will sit up and take notice.
Yeah like Vic and Chris Johns and Kats.

Lucky for Koysta he had Zab doing the trash talking for him. Otherwise he would be in the same boat.
donkeyking is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #35
gambler
Journeyman

Ok....
Quote:

gambler is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #36
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I commend your commitment, but you need to be committed!

Unify the MW division, hahaha.... Oh stop please, my ribs!

And your quoting others as bullshit post of the year!

Sox, he's a very good boxer, but seriously, your nuthugging is ridiculous. You go on like he's the greatest product to ever lace a glove.

Let's see if he even gets past 5 defences!
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #37
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
I commend your commitment, but you need to be committed!
Go **** yourself.
Quote:
Unify the MW division, hahaha.... Oh stop please, my ribs!
Why not? Geale has as much chance as any top 10 fighter.
Quote:
And your quoting others as bullshit post of the year!
So you think what Gambler said isn't bullshit?
You think Geale should tuck his shirt in instead, or be like Green?
Quote:
Sox, he's a very good boxer, but seriously, your nuthugging is ridiculous. You go on like he's the greatest product to ever lace a glove.
And that bothers you why?
Who are you to judge who I support?

Geales a good genuine guy, who I do believe can unify, get over it.
In the event he doesn't, it won't be because he didn't try.
Quote:
Let's see if he even gets past 5 defences!
Yes, lets.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #38
gambler
Journeyman

I am sure he would have a very good shot at unification of all belts. Bottom line is he is a very very good boxer.

But the thing is that this will work against him getting shots when he is a characterless fighter. Like this proposed card in the US in August. How are promoters going to pay these fighters and yet make money? It would be very tough. Essentially they would be investing in building a name to fight Martinez. That is good, but then the boxer has to have character to make the fight interesting, not just ability.

You can laugh at my tuck the shirt in comment, but its these little things that come together to create a character. Boxing is unique, its a fight in there at the end of the day. People want to see characters.

Sam Soliman
A unique fighter, so unorthordox yet in so many ways effective which makes him othordox in a sense. He is a student of boxing, sees it as an art and created his own style. The way he kept the distance against Wood was great. Sam has a smile on his face at all times, dispite so many setbacks. He just loves boxing and you can just hear it in his voice. He is unique as he has fought everywhere against everyone - not just say it.

Danny Green
He is a true blue Aussie. From Down Under to the haircuts. He fights like a warrior. Is professional in his looks yet still carries that Aussie fighter look.

Anthony Mundine
Has been the Jack Johnson of Australia boxing. The guy everyone loves to hate. Boxing is unique in that fighters can be knocked out when lose. People really love to see Mundine KO'ed, and will watch waiting to shut his mouth. People will rave of internet about him. Boxing is not just about followers.
gambler is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #39
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:

Give me a break you ****'n clown............ Green was there at the right time to be the arch rival of Mundine... He played his part well with the big help of Fenech.

In any other era Green would be a nobody in terms of the Aussie public
kel is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #40
gambler
Journeyman

Kel, you just built on everything I said buddy....

anyway Im done with this topic. Not my problem but the issue is clear.
gambler is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #41
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Kel, you just built on everything I said buddy....

anyway Im done with this topic. Not my problem but the issue is clear.

Incorrect, it had nothing to do with Green.

Green actually was very plain and boring much like Geale is now....... However Fenech really pushed the Mundine hatred and Green was fortunate enough to go along for the ride... Geale would've been in the same boat, he just came at the wrong time.
kel is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #42
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

He needs some character. You don’t need to talk like Mundine (but it’s an effective way), but can create interest say like Danny Green. Carries himself very well, chest pumped out, talks enthusiastically about exciting things, and gets stuck into things his disagrees with. The Green Machine. He is a character, a true blue ozzie and loves a fight. This makes me interested and many others,
puts bums on seats and sells PPV. Boxing is not a game for nice guys.

Oscar de la hoya and his bank manager disagree with you.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2012, 02:05 AM   #43
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Go **** yourself.

Why not? Geale has as much chance as any top 10 fighter.

So you think what Gambler said isn't bullshit?
You think Geale should tuck his shirt in instead, or be like Green?

And that bothers you why?
Who are you to judge who I support?

Geales a good genuine guy, who I do believe can unify, get over it.
In the event he doesn't, it won't be because he didn't try.

Yes, lets.
Ok Sox, upfront I apologise for my sarcasm in my post about your beloved Geale and the plainly obvious nature you took it, but if you want to be like that, that's fine, go **** yourself also you dumb cunt.

I didn't refer one iota to Gambler, I was making reference to your unification comment.

Fact is, you don't need me spelling out what a **** you look. People only need look at your comments such as becoming the unified MW champion to know you haven't a clue about boxing overall, all bar your Aussie champ Geale.

Keep feeding the chooks over him, the end blissful result obviously gives you vision of grandeur about Geale's achievements thus far, and very much deluded visions of his abilities and where he'll end up.

Without BoxRec, you wouldn't nor couldn't name 10 MW's and their postives / negatives. Your just the simple cunt who's fell in love with the good ole' Aussie who couldn't mutter two words together to excite an nation to get behind him. He couldn't knock the skin off a custard when it comes to exciting an audience against b-level challengers and one that couldn't sell a book of raffle tickets judging by his PPV numbers.

Have a nice day ****head!
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2012, 03:55 AM   #44
Sox
East Side Guru

You done knucklehead?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contendo View Post
Ok Sox, upfront I apologise for my sarcasm in my post about your beloved Geale and the plainly obvious nature you took it, but if you want to be like that, that's fine, go **** yourself also you dumb cunt.

I didn't refer one iota to Gambler, I was making reference to your unification comment.

Fact is, you don't need me spelling out what a **** you look. People only need look at your comments such as becoming the unified MW champion to know you haven't a clue about boxing overall, all bar your Aussie champ Geale.

Keep feeding the chooks over him, the end blissful result obviously gives you vision of grandeur about Geale's achievements thus far, and very much deluded visions of his abilities and where he'll end up.

Without BoxRec, you wouldn't nor couldn't name 10 MW's and their postives / negatives. Your just the simple cunt who's fell in love with the good ole' Aussie who couldn't mutter two words together to excite an nation to get behind him. He couldn't knock the skin off a custard when it comes to exciting an audience against b-level challengers and one that couldn't sell a book of raffle tickets judging by his PPV numbers.

Have a nice day ****head!
Sox is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2012, 05:44 AM   #45
frankd01
Journeyman

Oscar De La Hoya was a perfect example a what a very good fighter can do when he has public support. You would not say that he was the best in his era, but he made more money and got more title shots than anyone else around at the time.

Geale is a very good fighter, and a good bloke but he needs to get the Aussie public behind him. A lot a people who don't follow boxing have no idea who he is.
frankd01 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum