Old 05-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #31
Go Getta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 336
Default Re: Peterson and Khan live on 909

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielJFiasco View Post
I think people are overstating the danger element a little. His testosterone levels were still pretty low, even with the pellets, so he isn't going to be like superman in there. And bear in mind Khan was a 150lbs on the night himself.

Yes somebody could of got hurt in there, but this is boxing. How do you think Dmitry Salita felt when Khan knocked him out? Dandy? I bet he felt hurt, and he was in danger.

A mismatch in skill is far more dangerous than a slight mismatch in weight/testosterone levels IMO. I don't condone cheating, or doping or any kind of unfair advantage, because its not sporting. But all these ideas that he could have killed Amir because of a relatively small dose of test are wacky.

If he'd have been on roids, hgh, tiger blood infusions and secret military adrenachrome combat drugs, fairplay, but did Peterson really look like a killing machine in there? Khan was in more danger fighting Maidana, because Maidana can bang harder than "juiced" Peterson.

Who are we to say Peterson's levels were low to start off with, them doctor letter's dont mean shit. I am no expert in PED's let's not claim to know what effect they could of or could not of had, fact is Peterson has been caught micro dosing and CIR from the VADA testing picked it up.

No boxer's in their right state of mind could use the hardcore stuff anyway, it's now the case of these guys micro dosing, the stuff the boxing commissions don't pick up.
Go Getta is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #32
Little Tyson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONSENSE2002 View Post
and you're a clueless dickhead
9 times outa 10 would agree with you, but how so here?
Little Tyson is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #33
mani0
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post
Who are we to say Peterson's levels were low to start off with, them doctor letter's dont mean shit. I am no expert in PED's let's not claim to know what effect they could of or could not of had, fact is Peterson has been caught micro dosing and CIR from the VADA testing picked it up.

No boxer's in their right state of mind could use the hardcore stuff anyway, it's now the case of these guys micro dosing, the stuff the boxing commissions don't pick up.
Victor Conte's view on Petersons alleged low hormone levels.

Peterson's total testosterone level of 563 was perfectly NORMAL! Hypogonadism? You must me kidding

Victor Conte ‏ @VictorConte
My opinion Peterson's doc needs INVESTIGATION. One lab test & pellet program? How about days of rest & a retest. Total test level was NORMAL

Victor Conte ‏ @VictorConte
Often times low testosterone levels can bounce back w/ a few days rest. Why not recommed that first instead of an expensive pellet program?

May 13 this was tweeted

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
mani0 is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #34
DanielJFiasco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getta View Post

Even after taking the pellets his ratio was only 3.77. Guys who are majorly doping are usually into double digits. I'm not saying what Lamont did was ok, but that level of Testosterone isn't high enough to make him the superhuman warrior he is made out to be now. In training it would have helped him to recover faster, and maybe train a little harder, but it wouldn't give him the strength of a gorilla or the speed of a cheetah.

He was wrong, and Amir has lost out big time in it which is also wrong. I just don't like people saying what Lamont did was tantamount to homicide, or that he massively endangered Khan's life. That's just grossly over the top.
DanielJFiasco is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum