Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #31
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

vCash: 544
Default Re: 33-0 Malik Scott Sparring With Audley Harrison, Klitschko Shot Surely Imminent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmore View Post
I doubt that Vlad was dropped.

But anyway, what can you tell me about Scott? I've never seen him fight. I understand he was an excellent amateur. Looks like he took time off because of a torn bicep. Interesting that the Goosens have taken him on. Do you know how much the Goosens gave him as a signing bonus?
He's not even in sparring yet, it was one of my troll threads

Scott is very good technically, tends to cruise past opponents rather than going for the KO, very slick and his opponents struggle to deal with his angles.

I don't know I'm afraid, I do not know him personally, but am a big fan of his for a variety of reasons. Not only does his record interest me but I like his interviews and all-round Gness, plus he is a genuine prospect who gets nowhere near enough exposure.

Also, he is being trained by Jesse Reid, and I've been reliably informed that he dominated Lateef Kayode in sparring and dealt with his power easily
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #32
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103
Default Re: 33-0 Malik Scott Sparring With Audley Harrison, Klitschko Shot Surely Imminent

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbnm View Post
He's not even in sparring yet, it was one of my troll threads

Scott is very good technically, tends to cruise past opponents rather than going for the KO, very slick and his opponents struggle to deal with his angles.

I don't know I'm afraid, I do not know him personally, but am a big fan of his for a variety of reasons. Not only does his record interest me but I like his interviews and all-round Gness, plus he is a genuine prospect who gets nowhere near enough exposure.

Also, he is being trained by Jesse Reid, and I've been reliably informed that he dominated Lateef Kayode in sparring and dealt with his power easily
Reid is a famous trainer from the old days. When I was a kid in the '70s I remember reading about Reid, who was training dangerous LHW Jesse Burnett at the time.

I noticed that Scott KO'd Terry McGroom in his early pro days. That tells me something, because McGroom was going the distance with other fairly big names at the time.

What are Scott's weak areas? How do you rate his hand speed? How about his legs?
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #33
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

Quote:
Reid is a famous trainer from the old days. When I was a kid in the '70s I remember reading about Reid, who was training dangerous LHW Jesse Burnett at the time.

I noticed that Scott KO'd Terry McGroom in his early pro days. That tells me something, because McGroom was going the distance with other fairly big names at the time.

What are Scott's weak areas? How do you rate his hand speed? How about his legs?
Main weak area is questionable stamina. Though maybe it's just rust as he's only recently got back to full fitness. Hand speed is good. If we're talking skills alone I would put him among the top 10 American HWs. Throws plenty of combos, likes uppercuts to the body, dominates with his jab, good punch variation etc.

He is also a bit feather-fisted but at the same time does like to box his opponents. He often prefers to go the distance when he could take the guy out. As his opposition steps up he will have to change this.
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #34
Baldwin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 390

Fight a top 20 guy and maybe i will consider it. Still then **** him
Baldwin is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #35
Soloman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
If you're being serious, I look forward to this
Malik in front of some great Mexican murals

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Soloman is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #36
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Quote:

He is also a bit feather-fisted but at the same time does like to box his opponents. He often prefers to go the distance when he could take the guy out. As his opposition steps up he will have to change this.
As he moves up in opposition, he'll be that much less likely to score KO's, because the opponents will be that much better and more durable.

As Jerry Quarry used to say, "The knockouts end when you get into the top ten."

But it sounds as if Scott might be a decent technical boxer. That's the style I tend to favor anyway.
kenmore is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #37
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloman View Post

THAT'S GONZALO BASILE YOU TROLL
Get off his Facebook
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #38
Joe Walker
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
Scott has such a padded record it's funny. 2 fights with Kendrick Releford Runnin out of cans?
yeah it was padded but he was injured a few times and had a few big fights fall through.

it's like he has never been given the opportunity to break out of prospect level.
Joe Walker is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #39
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Those tats are fairly recent, I can remember him fighting when he didnt have those.
irishny is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #40
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloman View Post

This is the Great Malik Scott people are going on crazy?
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #41
Jaaames
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 983

Quote:
It's good that Scott recently beat Kendrick Releford. That tells me he's willing to fight tough clubfighters, which a lot of up-and-coming prospects won't do. But even so, Scott doesn't have any wins over creditable "B" level guys. I'm talking about the tough Tier 2 dudes -- or gatekeepers -- that a prospect has to beat to gain recognition.

For now, any kind of big fight for Scott appears to be a long, long way off. That's especially so given that he has only 11 KO's in 33 wins.

Sparring with Audley doesn't mean much. Most of the top 30 or top 40 dudes -- which is where you find the tough "B" leaguers -- spar with top names. No big deal. Nothing special.

Curiously, why the long layoff for Scott? Was in the can for something?
If can means hospital, yes.... Between fights falling through and injuries, he's been out for a while....
Jaaames is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum