Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #1
hughesa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Marketing genius by Sky?

Do you think the Price fight being on right after the Champion's league final was just a coincidence or shrewdness by Sky? Price was trending Worldwide on Twitter for a short time and even longer in Britain. Must have read a thousand comments on him. I think Britain just found it's new Hatton/Lewis/Naz/Haye.
hughesa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2012, 01:37 AM   #2
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100
Default Re: Marketing genius by Sky?

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Not yet anyway.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2012, 01:52 AM   #3
hughesa
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
Well, I wouldn't go that far. Not yet anyway.
I'm guessing you're referring to the NextBigThing part of my post. Yes, I am trying to not get too carried away with Price, and know most of the casual fans who tuned in for the fight see a vicious knock out and get carried away, but I am a bit wiser than that. Thing is, it is hard to not get draw in to the hype with price at the moment. I just red something like a thousand twitter commens and I think I came across literally two negative ones regarding Price.

Beating ***ton was a formality for Price, but it was just how good he looked too. ***ton probably landed two punches on him. Price could have ended that fight in round one if he was not so patient.

I still have a few minuses regarding price myself, but I hope he can become Britain's next big boxing star and be the type of fighter that old ladies talk about at the bingo. It is just what boxing needs in this country.
hughesa is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2012, 02:07 AM   #4
Fists o Foreman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesa View Post
I
I still have a few minuses regarding price myself, but I hope he can become Britain's next big boxing star and be the type of fighter that old ladies talk about at the bingo. It is just what boxing needs in this country.
I think Price is beginning to stand out amongst the other so called prospect out there.......... so many of the "prospect" are either good punchers....but can't box........or good boxers but lack a big punch.
Price is the one that stands out who can both box well and punch hard.
He is also very big........so he won't be at a size disadvantage when taking on the bigger men in the division.
Right now he is without a doubt the best rising heavyweight Britain has at the moment......and that's not just by studying his record......but just by watching how he boxes......his style is much much better than Fury.......and much more punch accurate than Chisora.
Fists o Foreman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum