Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 05-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Jones V Cormier 2014(ish)

Jones wants to go up. Cormier isn't freakishly massive. Both are completely dominant wrestlers in their respective divisions and have never been taken down. Cormier is stronger but Jones is longer. Both relatively young and will be around for a while. What a ****ing fight that would be.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Jones V Cormier 2014(ish)

Cormier would stomp him with ease.

Jones doesn't hit hard enough to keep a guy like Daniel off of him.
afterglow is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I think late 2013

Cormier would break Bones IMO.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
Cormier would stomp him with ease.

Jones doesn't hit hard enough to keep a guy like Daniel off of him.
/thread
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Cormier may just be the fighter UFC want Bones to be. 'Cept he'll be in his mid thirties by the time he's champ.

Seems a real honest, smart and humble guy. Did I mention he's a ****in' machine?!?!
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #6
HellSpawn86
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Cormier is a world class wrestler, Jones isn't messing with him there. Jones will have to use his much better striking skills.
HellSpawn86 is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #7
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Jones just needs to keep him on the end of his reach.

From what I have seen Cormier has an excellent mind for fighting. He seems to make good decisions when he gets hurt and is able to make split second decisions that can turn the tide of a fight. The guy is really sharp in the ring, I think this is on par with Bones Jones IQ in the ring as far as fighting a fight that favors him, taking the fight to where he wants it.

But he's also not quite as mobile as I thought he would be. I know Barnett is a tough guy, but he's not exactly known for his striking which held its own during standup. I think Cormier showed that his gnp will punish anyone, just needs to get fights to the ground.

Someone like JDS who knows how to use his mobility and his own reach is the counter style to Cormiers. I think Jones would do the same, basically try to keep him on the end of his strikes and see what opportunities that opens up.

Cormier seems to be a really tough guy, but how tough will he be after 2 rounds of getting tagged without being able to return much?
Koa is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 03:22 AM   #8
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
Jones just needs to keep him on the end of his reach.

From what I have seen Cormier has an excellent mind for fighting. He seems to make good decisions when he gets hurt and is able to make split second decisions that can turn the tide of a fight. The guy is really sharp in the ring, I think this is on par with Bones Jones IQ in the ring as far as fighting a fight that favors him, taking the fight to where he wants it.

But he's also not quite as mobile as I thought he would be. I know Barnett is a tough guy, but he's not exactly known for his striking which held its own during standup. I think Cormier showed that his gnp will punish anyone, just needs to get fights to the ground.

Someone like JDS who knows how to use his mobility and his own reach is the counter style to Cormiers. I think Jones would do the same, basically try to keep him on the end of his strikes and see what opportunities that opens up.

Cormier seems to be a really tough guy, but how tough will he be after 2 rounds of getting tagged without being able to return much?
You see Cormiers take downs? And he done that on Barnett who's a stud. Awesome technique. Pure free style wrestling. This is what i want to see in MMA. Not guys who have wrestled at an NCAA level and can't shoot for a single leg to save their life.
Bet your life Jones would not be able to keep Cormier off him. Cormier is a natural fighter. He just knows how to fight. The variation in his striking was great to watch. I mean he kicked a 6ft 3 250lb dude in the head and just manhandled him to ****. Standing or on feet Jones has his work cut out.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:22 AM   #9
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I would deffo make DC the favourite as he out wrestles a much bigger guys, Jones is used to being the big guy in there. Jones presents his own problems for DC though. Don't see Jones stopping him but I think it would be interesting to see Jones in a fight where he can be taken down, at LHW I really think he knows the fight isn't going anywhere he doesn't want it to. I really meant it would be a big event more than anything else. They have similar skill sets and backgrounds as in wrestlers that seem to be able to learn the striking game quickly and as i said Cormier isn't so massive that size wouldn't be an issue.

The fight I'd really like to see is DC v Reem because I'd love to see Reem get picked up and slammed on his head by a pudgy little Olympian.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 04:15 AM   #10
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post

The fight I'd really like to see is DC v Reem because I'd love to see Reem get picked up and slammed on his head by a pudgy little Olympian.

That would be awesome to see

Thats something that made me respect DC even more though - he picked Josh up, turned him upside down. Now some fighters from that position would be complete and utter cunts and spike them. DC was sure to flip him all the way over on to his back

Would love to see him in with Jon Bully Jones, but no way is Dana risking his "unbeatable" 205 Champion with this pudgy little brick shithouse
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 04:18 AM   #11
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post

Thats something that made me respect DC even more though - he picked Josh up, turned him upside down. Now some fighters from that position would be complete and utter cunts and spike them. DC was sure to flip him all the way over on to his back

Would love to see him in with Jon Bully Jones, but no way is Dana risking his "unbeatable" 205 Champion with this pudgy little brick shithouse
By the end of the year Cormier will probably be Danas 'unbeatable' HW champion. so I don't think it will bother him too much.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 04:22 AM   #12
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post

Spikes are illegal. I doubt when going for a classic freestyle take down like that his intention ever would have been to spike him.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #13
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

What does spike mean?
benebox is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 06:11 AM   #14
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebox View Post
What does spike mean?
When you dump an opponent on their head.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 05-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #15
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Or like this

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum