Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2008, 05:46 AM   #1
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 1000
Default My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

Very open to suggesstions. As said, a very rough copy, not happy with it yet, at all.

1. Ray Robinson
2. Harry Greb
3. Henry Armstrong
4. Sam Langford
5. Muhammad Ali
6. Ezzard Charles
7. Roberto Duran
8. Ray Leonard
9. Barney Ross
10. Pernell Whitaker
11. Benny Leonard
12. Willie Pep
13. Joe Louis
14. Joe Walcott
15. Mickey Walker
16. Bob Fitzsimmons
17. Joe Gans
18. Archie Moore
19. Carlos Monzon
20. Marvin Hagler
21. Tony Canzoneri
22. Julio Cesar Chavez
23. Sandy Saddler
24. Gene Tunney’
25. Alexis Arguello
26. Jimmy Wilde
27. Emile Griffith
28. Roy Jones Jr.
29. Eder Jofre
30. Evander Holyfield
31. Tommy Hearns
32. Jose Napoles
33. Lennox Lewis
34. Carlos Ortiz
35. Kid Gavilan
36. Ike Williams
37. Floyd Mayweather
38. Bernard Hopkins
39. Charley Burley
40. Stanley Ketchell
41. Oscar De La Hoya
42. Mike McCallum
43. Salvador Sanchez
44. Beau Jack
45. Rocky Marciano
46. Michael Spinks
47. Larry Holmes
48. Carmen Basilio
49. Billy Conn
50. Ricardo Lopez
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 05:48 AM   #2
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

I'm pretty happy up to around 30 or so, maybe a bit past, then it gets all hazy.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:58 AM   #3
RoccoMarciano
Blockbuster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

I'll pay attention when you've been around a bit longer
RoccoMarciano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:04 AM   #4
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccoMarciano
I'll pay attention when you've been around a bit longer
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #5
RoccoMarciano
Blockbuster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

Nothing funnier than your list in some areas.... Not that I'm going to discuss those areas with an obvious Classic section noob (boob).
RoccoMarciano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:14 AM   #6
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death
Posts: 13,604
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccoMarciano
Nothing funnier than your list in some areas.... Not that I'm going to discuss those areas with an obvious Classic section noob (boob).
In other words, you don't even trust your own critique.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:22 AM   #7
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,094
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

At first glimpse a fine effort young man. McCallum can't be ahead of Spinks and Holmes tho, Marciano too i'd say. I see Zarate not there too. Gomez might be close. Which Walcott?
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:24 AM   #8
RoccoMarciano
Blockbuster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
In other words, you don't even trust your own critique.
Nah, I just don't pay much attention to a banned guy. At least you said you were banned. That, and you are an obvious dip not worth debating regarding the list. I don't see much boxing knowledge behind your choices to be honest.
RoccoMarciano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:25 AM   #9
RoccoMarciano
Blockbuster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

JT will pump you up more than I.
RoccoMarciano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:34 AM   #10
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Very open to suggesstions. As said, a very rough copy, not happy with it yet, at all.

1. Ray Robinson
2. Harry Greb
3. Henry Armstrong
4. Sam Langford
5. Muhammad Ali
6. Ezzard Charles
7. Roberto Duran
8. Ray Leonard
9. Barney Ross
10. Pernell Whitaker
11. Benny Leonard
12. Willie Pep
13. Joe Louis
14. Joe Walcott
15. Mickey Walker
16. Bob Fitzsimmons
17. Joe Gans
18. Archie Moore
19. Carlos Monzon
20. Marvin Hagler
21. Tony Canzoneri
22. Julio Cesar Chavez
23. Sandy Saddler
24. Gene Tunney’
25. Alexis Arguello
26. Jimmy Wilde
27. Emile Griffith
28. Roy Jones Jr.
29. Eder Jofre
30. Evander Holyfield
31. Tommy Hearns
32. Jose Napoles
33. Lennox Lewis
34. Carlos Ortiz
35. Kid Gavilan
36. Ike Williams
37. Floyd Mayweather
38. Bernard Hopkins
39. Charley Burley
40. Stanley Ketchell
41. Oscar De La Hoya
42. Mike McCallum
43. Salvador Sanchez
44. Beau Jack
45. Rocky Marciano
46. Michael Spinks
47. Larry Holmes
48. Carmen Basilio
49. Billy Conn
50. Ricardo Lopez
Good on you, it takes some guts to put out a list knowing that some clowns around here are going to take pot shots at your rankings without putting up a list themselves.

I do disagree with some of your picks, but it's an interesting selection. The top 35 or so is really solid.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:35 AM   #11
RoccoMarciano
Blockbuster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist
Good on you, it takes some guts to put out a list knowing that some clowns around here are going to take pot shots at yoru rankings without putting up a list themselves.

I do disagree with some of your picks, but it's an interesting selection. The top 35 or so is really solid.
Put up yours then, clown!

May be worth a look.. but then again, who knows?
RoccoMarciano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:38 AM   #12
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccoMarciano
Put up yours then, clown!

May be worth a look.. but then again, who knows?
Mine probably isn't worth a look. I'm a bit of a noob myself. You're better off looking elsewhere
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:39 AM   #13
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,094
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccoMarciano
Put up yours then, clown!

May be worth a look.. but then again, who knows?
SS's has been put up myriads of times Rocco.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:40 AM   #14
RoccoMarciano
Blockbuster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist
Mine probably isn't worth a look. I'm a bit of a noob myself. You're better off looking elsewhere
Elsewhere for what?
RoccoMarciano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:41 AM   #15
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 11,094
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My very rough copy of the Top 50 Boxers of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccoMarciano
JT will pump you up more than I.
I'm just throwing out some opinions he might discuss and maybe even change. As he said, open to suggestions. Or did you read it as open to criticism?

JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013