Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


View Poll Results: Do you think Mayweather is Scared
Hell Yes 114 45.97%
Hell No 124 50.00%
Who is Mayweather 10 4.03%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #166
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
PBF isn't scared fool he wants Pac to test and agree to take less. If Pac does this the fight would be already made. Irrational haters like yourself say the man is scared but you see it works both ways. Who turns down a 50/50 split and a career high payday over testing if they're not scared?
You're so clueless pimp. The moment Pac agreed to the trest, floyd CHANGED his stance on the purse split, just as MANY predicted he would.

50-50 was not a problem, UNTIL pac agreed to the test. How the **** do you not see that? I really do not understand people like you. It's like you alter your perception of reality to fit whatever you want it to. That's what CRAZY people do. And all for a ****in boxer? I know girly chicks who act more manly then you do.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #167
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,238
vCash: 75
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
You're so clueless pimp. The moment Pac agreed to the trest, floyd CHANGED his stance on the purse split, just as MANY predicted he would.

50-50 was not a problem, UNTIL pac agreed to the test. How the **** do you not see that? I really do not understand people like you. It's like you alter your perception of reality to fit whatever you want it to. That's what CRAZY people do. And all for a ****in boxer? I know girly chicks who act more manly then you do.
Oh, I don't doubt it
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #168
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Probably not scared. Uncertain that he'd win? Definitely.

If Floyd was as sure he'd stomp Pacquiao as his fans are, he'd have stepped into the ring with Manny long ago. But I don't think even Floyd thinks he has a 100% chance of victory. He might think he has an 80% or even 90% chance of winning and that still isn't assuring enough for him.

I also honestly think that not even Floyd believes Manny is on anything. Maybe his paranoid crackhead dad and uncle do, but not Floyd himself. I really think they started throwing those accusations around because Pacquiao was climbing the weights and remaining successful just as De La Hoya and Floyd himself were before him, and this fact gave Pacquiao an innate marketing appeal that threatened both Floyd's position as the lone megastar left in the sport, as well as his ego. The fact that Pacquiao's style is more aesthetically pleasing to the casual fan just made it worse for Floyd. Finally, I think the praise Pacquiao gets from the media and from the masses of casual fans pisses Floyd off royally. For all of those reasons, he probably felt a need to discredit and downplay Pacquiao's achievements.

Nobody likes to think that the amazing feats they've accomplished can be matched, maybe even exceeded in range, by some guy who has far less technical skills than you do. Pacquiao climbed through the weights much as Floyd did, but kept destroying guys thanks to a more aggressive style and some wise matchmaking, while Floyd himself lost his power and became more of a defensive potshotter on his way up the weights before getting more aggressive recently because of the decline of his legs. I think the fact Floyd couldn't force people into shells/survival mode/beat up on guys like Pacquiao could is infuriating for his ego. He thinks he's the best boxer ever, and then along comes a guy who does what he couldn't do. If he can't do it, well, he probably thinks its impossible to do it legitimately, and thus ignores the facts that Pacquiao hasn't really become much bigger since his super featherweight days (his fight night weights then and now are pretty much the same), has been matched up well, and that he has simply doesn't have the same power or aggressive style to get stoppages or beat people up like Pacquiao.

Pacquiao hasn't become some huge Barry Bonds-like monstrosity. The last time he was a stick figure was as an underfed teenager. He's been a solid guy cutting lots of weight ever since the mid-2000s at super featherweight. The only reason he moved up to higher weight classes is for the bigger purses and because, much like Dan Henderson in MMA these days, he'd rather not have a big weight cut anymore.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #169
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Oh, I don't doubt it
You think Pimp C acts worse then a chick too? I would have never thought that. You seemed to always side with the floyd fans on EVERYTHING, despite making the claim of being a pac fan as well.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #170
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,238
vCash: 75
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
You think Pimp C acts worse then a chick too? I would have never thought that. You seemed to always side with the floyd fans on EVERYTHING, despite making the claim of being a pac fan as well.
I was implying that you know manly women

I enjoy watching Mayweather, and I appreciate Pacqauio. Used to enjoy seeing him win until I encountered his retarded fans. The majority, on this forum atleast, know NOTHING else about Boxing, and have NEVER Boxed

I want to see their re-action if or when Pacquaio loses
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #171
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
I was implying that you know manly women

I enjoy watching Mayweather, and I appreciate Pacqauio. Used to enjoy seeing him win until I encountered his retarded fans. The majority, on this forum atleast, know NOTHING else about Boxing, and have NEVER Boxed

I want to see their re-action if or when Pacquaio loses
Yes, I knew what you were implying. Was a terrible attempt at humor BTW.

So you let fans on a message board dictate your feelings about a fighter, is that it? YOu can't blocvk that garnage out? Really? And yet, the retarded Floyd fanboys here change NOTHING for you. I don't buy that one bit. You think there's ANYTHING different about a majority of the pac fans and Floyd fans who are the most vocal? If you're as smart as you claim to be, you'd see there's not much different.

Just admit it, you don't care for Pac. I've seen a ton of posters try that, "I'm a fan of both" line, but their regular posts tell a much different story. You ALWAYS side w/ Floyd and floyd fans here. And take digs at Pac. And that's fine. Just cut that BS is all. That "I'm a fan of both" is often used by posters who try to apppear unbiased. PRoblem is, the post history tells another story. I dare you to call me a liar.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #172
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,238
vCash: 75
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Yes, I knew what you were implying. Was a terrible attempt at humor BTW.

So you let fans on a message board dictate your feelings about a fighter, is that it? YOu can't blocvk that garnage out? Really? And yet, the retarded Floyd fanboys here change NOTHING for you. I don't buy that one bit. You think there's ANYTHING different about a majority of the pac fans and Floyd fans who are the most vocal? If you're as smart as you claim to be, you'd see there's not much different.

Just admit it, you don't care for Pac. I've seen a ton of posters try that, "I'm a fan of both" line, but their regular posts tell a much different story. You ALWAYS side w/ Floyd and floyd fans here. And take digs at Pac. And that's fine. Just cut that BS is all. That "I'm a fan of both" is often used by posters who try to apppear unbiased. PRoblem is, the post history tells another story. I dare you to call me a liar.
Lance, read my post before you write an essay replying to it please, you muppet .

I said that I appreciate Pacquaio, not that I'm a fan. Big difference. I appreciate Andre Ward but I'm not a fan, I can even appreciate Khan, but again, I'm not a fan.

My only desire to see Pacquaio lose is to see how his fans react. Guys like Puga, Gander Tasco (Both of whom openly admit to being middleaged and never having Boxed. Despite calling a proffesional fighter a chicken, and making thread after thread on that one subject...) My money is on them leaving, and never coming back. They are fans of a Boxer, not of Boxing.

Yeah, I'm a Mayweather fan so I side with him when we discuss things. You tell me honestly, who can you have a better discussion on the technicalitys of Boxing with? Gander Tasco or Leon? Puga or BBall?

I'm not unbias, I want Mayweather to win! I prefer watching a Mayweather fight! I'm just not blind to Pacquaio's accomplishments.


Satisfied?
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #173
Jeff M
Future ESB HOF
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Buckeye State
Posts: 11,747
vCash: 664
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Floyd in no way is scared of Pac-Man. He doesn't even consider the fight to be that difficult. He does have a slight concern about Pac catching him with some fluke shot and Pac being roided up at the time though. Floyd's not stupid, he know anything can happen in boxing.
Jeff M is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #174
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Lance, read my post before you write an essay replying to it please, you muppet .

I said that I appreciate Pacquaio, not that I'm a fan. Big difference. I appreciate Andre Ward but I'm not a fan, I can even appreciate Khan, but again, I'm not a fan.

My only desire to see Pacquaio lose is to see how his fans react. Guys like Puga, Gander Tasco (Both of whom openly admit to being middleaged and never having Boxed. Despite calling a proffesional fighter a chicken, and making thread after thread on that one subject...) My money is on them leaving, and never coming back. They are fans of a Boxer, not of Boxing.

Yeah, I'm a Mayweather fan so I side with him when we discuss things. You tell me honestly, who can you have a better discussion on the technicalitys of Boxing with? Gander Tasco or Leon? Puga or BBall?

I'm not unbias, I want Mayweather to win! I prefer watching a Mayweather fight! I'm just not blind to Pacquaio's accomplishments.


Satisfied?
Fair enough. I don't know if I can have ANY discussion with any of them. I know BBall will NOT back down from anything he believes true, which goes for those other guys as well. As a matter of fact, that's the sad reality of 99% of the posters here now. Abd honestly, there isn't much of a difference between them all. Different sides of the same coin.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #175
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 11,238
vCash: 75
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Fair enough. I don't know if I can have ANY discussion with any of them. I know BBall will NOT back down from anything he believes true, which goes for those other guys as well. As a matter of fact, that's the sad reality of 99% of the posters here now. Abd honestly, there isn't much of a difference between them all. Different sides of the same coin.
I know, I've spent the last six months trying to convince him that Mike Jones suucks
SJS19 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #176
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,642
vCash: 500
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
Lance, read my post before you write an essay replying to it please, you muppet .

I said that I appreciate Pacquaio, not that I'm a fan. Big difference. I appreciate Andre Ward but I'm not a fan, I can even appreciate Khan, but again, I'm not a fan.

My only desire to see Pacquaio lose is to see how his fans react. Guys like Puga, Gander Tasco (Both of whom openly admit to being middleaged and never having Boxed. Despite calling a proffesional fighter a chicken, and making thread after thread on that one subject...) My money is on them leaving, and never coming back. They are fans of a Boxer, not of Boxing.

Yeah, I'm a Mayweather fan so I side with him when we discuss things. You tell me honestly, who can you have a better discussion on the technicalitys of Boxing with? Gander Tasco or Leon? Puga or BBall?

I'm not unbias, I want Mayweather to win! I prefer watching a Mayweather fight! I'm just not blind to Pacquaio's accomplishments.


Satisfied?
When have I ever said I'm middleaged? I'm in my 20's bro.


btw as to whether or not Floyd is scared, just ask him.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvWn-VMlDcY[/ame]
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #177
Beenie
Evolve already!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the path to Desire > Fear
Posts: 8,712
vCash: 1389
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Insecurity is a form of fear. It's a characteristic that he regularly exhibits is his behavior.
Beenie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #178
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJS19 View Post
I know, I've spent the last six months trying to convince him that Mike Jones suucks
I like Jones!
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #179
prelude
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,979
vCash: 500
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
When have I ever said I'm middleaged? I'm in my 20's bro.


btw as to whether or not Floyd is scared, just ask him.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
^^^^^You can't get any scarier then this!
prelude is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #180
Zillaaa
R.O.T.Y
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Default Re: Do You Believe Mayweather is Scared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alakran View Post
no he's a boxer who has been in the ring 43 times why would he be scared? no boxer is scared to fight anybody imo

Zillaaa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013