Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Synthetic Testosterone, Legit Script, Testing Agencies???

USADA came out and said they did the isotope test on Mayweather and Cotto in response to Conte saying they would not have caught Peterson. Suppose one of those fighters had a medical exemption. How is this handled before declaring someone dirty or is it a blanket exemption? Nevada doesn't test further unless over 6/1. Well what if your doc says you need 20/1? I think most of us would agree that 1/1 should be the limit in this case but does anyone know how much shit you can use with a doc's script and still be declared 'ok'? I know USADA said the tests were "negative" but does this mean no synthetic testosterone or, if you have a script, within acceptable levels?

Serious question about the protocol because of all the spit that's hit the fan lately. Had Peterson gotten the exemption would his 'just under 4/1' been OK with the testing agencies and commissions?
Hermit is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214
Default Re: Synthetic Testosterone, Legit Script, Testing Agencies???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
USADA came out and said they did the isotope test on Mayweather and Cotto in response to Conte saying they would not have caught Peterson. Suppose one of those fighters had a medical exemption. How is this handled before declaring someone dirty or is it a blanket exemption? Nevada doesn't test further unless over 6/1. Well what if your doc says you need 20/1? I think most of us would agree that 1/1 should be the limit in this case but does anyone know how much shit you can use with a doc's script and still be declared 'ok'? I know USADA said the tests were "negative" but does this mean no synthetic testosterone or, if you have a script, within acceptable levels?

Serious question about the protocol because of all the spit that's hit the fan lately. Had Peterson gotten the exemption would his 'just under 4/1' been OK with the testing agencies and commissions?
For a TUE it's not about the ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone (TE-ratio)m, it's about the level of testosterone in your blood. I can't remember for sure but the dosis Peterson got seemed high to me considering his testosterone level was perfectly normal (!). what is reall more suspisous is that testosterone pellets is not a good way of treating someone with low testosterone levels, especially when it's just been diagnosed for the first time. You have to adjust the intake of testosterone so that it fits the patient, not just immidiately smack him with a 6 months testosterone regimen. It's much better with creams for example, and on the flip side it's non detectable after a few days!!
Zacker is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214

Sry, forgot to asnswer the question. Yes, he probably would have been able to use what he said he did.

edit: provided he would have been granted the exemption.
Zacker is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #4
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacker View Post
Sry, forgot to asnswer the question. Yes, he probably would have been able to use what he said he did.

edit: provided he would have been granted the exemption.
So, seems like one hell of a loophole then.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
Caelum
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to test for Total Testosterone levels as well as "Free" considering that's what an Endocrinologist will go by. And they will go by a chart and you have to fall under those levels when being treated with TRT.

Doctor's "may" prescribe you up to 200mg a week if your body is not absorbing properly. Everyone is different in this case. Some can take a lower dose and others need higher but they'll check the Total and Free Testosterone levels. You can take an injection every 7-14 days depending on the test results and how you feel on the dose.

They want you at "Healthy Levels" and not at "Performance-Enhancing-Levels."

_____

Last edited by Caelum; 05-21-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Caelum is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum