Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #31
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Running/cardio exercise before breakfast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manassa View Post
I take it you disagree with that then? What are you worried about? Blood sugar levels? They'll stay the same. Protein intake? You can eat lots after, it'll all get processed. Muscle atrophy? Won't happen for days. Metabolic rate? I take it you know about the Thermic effect. Starvation mode?

Again, I'm not advocating training when hungry, I'm saying there's no problem with it.
Who cares about any of that. Mother **** a Thermic effect. Why are you trying to get scientific? The shits simple. If you havent eaten for the whole night because your ass was asleep and YOU think you can perform optimally matter of fact even better than having something to eat then you obviously know some esoteric shit that no ones ever discovered before. That crap won't work for 99% of the population. Different strokes for different folks.
But hey if it works for you start a Youtube channel and evangelise your Thermics.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #32
Manassa
-
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Who cares about any of that. Mother **** a Thermic effect. Why are you trying to get scientific? The shits simple. If you havent eaten for the whole night because your ass was asleep and YOU think you can perform optimally matter of fact even better than having something to eat then you obviously know some esoteric shit that no ones ever discovered before. That crap won't work for 99% of the population. Different strokes for different folks.
But hey if it works for you start a Youtube channel and evangelise your Thermics.
Sorry if I was mistaken, I thought you knew about the science behind it all. I prefer to have a 'just do it' approach too, but it's nice to be reassured that what you're doing is right. Which is why we both conduct research.

Even performing optimally (unless you were running for a long time), you shouldn't really be feeling much of a difference. A pre-workout boost is better, but all I said in the first place is that it's fine to run on an empty stomach as long as you ate the night before, are properly hydrated and have had enough sleep, which should all be part of your general maintenance.

I can point you in the direction of pro-fasting studies if you like? Generally they seem to stand up well and are at forefront of what we know about how the body works.
Manassa is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #33
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manassa View Post
Sorry if I was mistaken, I thought you knew about the science behind it all. I prefer to have a 'just do it' approach too, but it's nice to be reassured that what you're doing is right. Which is why we both conduct research.

Even performing optimally (unless you were running for a long time), you shouldn't really be feeling much of a difference. A pre-workout boost is better, but all I said in the first place is that it's fine to run on an empty stomach as long as you ate the night before, are properly hydrated and have had enough sleep, which should all be part of your general maintenance.

I can point you in the direction of pro-fasting studies if you like? Generally they seem to stand up well and are at forefront of what we know about how the body works.
Nah its cool Jimmy il pass. Il stick to what's worked for me for the last 15 years.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #34
White Tiger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Nah its cool Jimmy il pass. Il stick to what's worked for me for the last 15 years.
Your the man Scurla !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
White Tiger is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 AM   #35
AdamB
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Anyone who trains for boxing is simply not working anywhere near hard enough for suitable adaption to occur if the work out you do is unaffected by pre workout nutrition... Fasted cardio has a place and works for me but I would literally collapse if I did some of my workouts on an empty stomach....

Additionally any skill work should really be done in a healthy non fatigued state... So that's no excuse either.
All of the above.
AdamB is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 06:45 AM   #36
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

25 Hour body Clock
scrap is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 05:52 AM   #37
Gleasons Gym
Journeyman

I always do my 4-5 miles roadwork at 7.00am on an empty stomach. The only thing i do is drink water before my run. I do this because of my work schedule.

Has anyone got any results that says eating before roadwork improves your min runs? That would be interesting.
Gleasons Gym is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #38
AdamB
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleasons Gym View Post
I always do my 4-5 miles roadwork at 7.00am on an empty stomach. The only thing i do is drink water before my run. I do this because of my work schedule.

Has anyone got any results that says eating before roadwork improves your min runs? That would be interesting.
I don't know if you were referring to actual scientific studies, but for me it feels significantly better doing morning runs after having eaten a little something. Then again, I'm not sure if you're just lightly jogging during that roadwork - I do 3.5~ miles for time or intervals/sprints. For me, I only need an hour for food to digest so if I had time to run at 7:00am I'd probably eat a small meal - I run at the latest 6:30 or I'd be late for work. I'd say get into the habit of waking up at 6 and have a little meal.
AdamB is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #39
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleasons Gym View Post

What do you need a study for? Just try it!!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing