vBookie Event
Bute vs. Froch (Boxing)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Lucian Bute 4/7 (0.57) 185 256487  
Carl Froch 15/8 (1.88) 107 34256 WIN!
Draw 25/1 (25.00) 59 4615  
Over 9.5 rounds 1/3 F (0.33) 40 6634079  
Under 9.5 rounds 11/5 (2.20) 56 12693 WIN!

Old 05-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #106
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Lucian Bute vs. Carl Froch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
You're the one who can't see things clearly.

I swear some of you Bute fanboys act as if he's the second coming of Ray Robinson.

You make your prediction based on experience when Bute ain't no new-comer when you saw what happen in Ward vs Kessler and when you see that Bute has advantages in Speed, Footwork, Elusiveness, variety of punches and some, he even got a better one Ko Punch ffs. You should admit that Bute's favorite and Froch would need some luck and to be in the shape of his life to take this one, also with a perfect game-plan, cuz I'm sure Bute has a pretty good one.
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #107
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsideBoxing View Post
You make your prediction based on experience when Bute ain't no new-comer when you saw what happen in Ward vs Kessler and when you see that Bute has advantages in Speed, Footwork, Elusiveness, variety of punches and some, he even got a better one Ko Punch ffs. You should admit that Bute's favorite and Froch would need some luck and to be in the shape of his life to take this one, also with a perfect game-plan, cuz I'm sure Bute has a pretty good one.
Share whatever the **** drugs you're smoking!

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #108
judgeJAB
Skills to pay the bills!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 87

All in on Bute.
judgeJAB is online now  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #109
DionCassius

vCash: 553

Quote:

I swear some of you Bute fanboys act as if he's the second coming of Ray Robinson.

He's not a Ray Robison nor Floyd Mayweather..but he has the abilities, the skillset to be a top 10 p4p.. and that makes him special between hundreds.. at the moment
You said that you do not see nothing special in Bute, and make it seem as if he has so small chances against The Great Cobra Froch.. which besides his physical toughness, fortitude and courage is rather rudimentary as a boxer..
We're all delusional when believing that Bute is superior to Froch at most levels and by that a favorite in this fight.. unlike you coming from another planet with a capacity of perception way beyond ours..

And in a second plan I also believe there is another story to be told, besides your sympathy for Froch, I think you like Ward better, and by that the simple thought of Bute being defeated and out of his way, makes you feel much better somewhere inside.. maybe because Bute is one of the few with the potential to beat Ward.. But that's just an opinion, don't bother me..
DionCassius is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #110
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Quote:
Completely agree.

He was already fighting for minor titles in 2005, Won the IBF title from Berrio in 2007, facing one of his hardest opponents in Bika right before.

He has more pro experience then Ward.

Froch may have a good chin and a lot of heart but still other then that Bute tops him in every way shape or form. More power, Better tactics ect.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #111
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!

I think Rummy is a little more biased then he says. Froch was just on his radio show the other day. It's clear he's a Froch fan, He has Bute rated at 4# at Super Middleweight, If you are an unbiased fan you have Bute at #2 right behind Ward, If he beats Froch impressively, then he MIGHT go above him.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #112
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

1. Ward
2. Bute
3. Kessler
4. Froch
5. Dre Dirrell

Dirrell and Kessler beat Froch, Dirrell clearer then Kessler, anyone who says Dirrell didn't beat Froch is biased. Kessler could have lost sooner! Bute is clearly at 2, Maybe 1 once he beats some Top 5 guys, Froch might be the man to put him there on some lists but only if he wins semi Impressively, I had Ward beating Froch 118-110, Bute needs to try and stop or dominate Froch, which will be VERY, VERY hard.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #113
BeastsideBoxing
"The Thrill" Gavril
East Side Guru

Quote:
Share whatever the **** drugs you're smoking!

I have not insulted you. Why do you feel the need to do it to me? I'm not entitled to have an opinion different from yours on this forum ?
BeastsideBoxing is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #114
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 5250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
I think Rummy is a little more biased then he says. Froch was just on his radio show the other day. It's clear he's a Froch fan, He has Bute rated at 4# at Super Middleweight, If you are an unbiased fan you have Bute at #2 right behind Ward, If he beats Froch impressively, then he MIGHT go above him.
If Bute beats Froch impressively, he has done better against all 3 common opponents as Ward. And beaten his other opponents impressively inbetween too.

Ring rankings should at least have Bute in their top10 in that case.
Robney is online now  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #115
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1800

Quote:

I think Ray would exercise caution as to whether he could beat the MAN. BOOTAYE BOOMAYE!
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #116
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Quote:
I have not insulted you. Why do you feel the need to do it to me? I'm not entitled to have an opinion different from yours on this forum ?
Exactly. Shame how he gets all angry at Bute fans all because he can often be a hater.

4. Lucian Buttgay - From his BIASED, INACCURATE, " OFFICIAL " rankings thread.

If thats not a hater then what is? Immature shit it seems.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:09 AM   #117
Tyler-Durden
Champion
East Side Guru

115 posts: a new record for a bet thread

The previous one was Wlad-Haye with 114 posts.

Good job everyone.
Tyler-Durden is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 07:47 AM   #118
Scorpyoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
Exactly. Shame how he gets all angry at Bute fans all because he can often be a hater.

4. Lucian Buttgay - From his BIASED, INACCURATE, " OFFICIAL " rankings thread.

If thats not a hater then what is? Immature shit it seems.
Thank you. Registered in forum just to say that. I thought I'm the only one who's disturbed by this hatred from... moderators (?). I don't even know what they rly are.

Nothing against the rankings; so far I don't give a damn about them. Bute doesn't get a lifestyle out of them; he will prove who he is and what he can do , step by step.

As for "Buttgay"... as a huge Bute fan , I didn't feel insulted when I saw it 1st time. Contrary , I felt and I feel sorry for Rumsfeld. It's a pity that he has to lower himself to such a level , in such a childish way , without anything to gain. His position doesn't allow him that, he should be a model in being unbiased. The website gets a bad influence from that.

Non-targeted chat till now ... but here goes a personal question now(doesn't need to be answered, if so... consider it as trolling) -->

Seriously Rumsfeld , how old are you? As for me , I stopped giving nicknames at the age of 14 , when my friends started to look at me like I was retarded. Yea , that look ... "Dafuq dude , we're not in Elementary anymore..."

Last thought : Same for BoxingGirl ("Butte"). It's a nice step, at least you're not making it obvious.

Anyway , keep up the good work.
Scorpyoon is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #119
archibaldo
Journeyman

my house + my wife + my money on Bute !
archibaldo is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #120
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker