Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-23-2012, 08:48 AM   #46
ko_bros
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Seth Mitchell Facing Jonathan Banks WTF

Thats a good fight. A good step up for Seth. Contenders fighting each other is definitely a good thing
ko_bros is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #47
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Very good fight for Mitchell.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #48
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
He himself has said repeatedly he is not yet ready for the Klits. He seems pretty grounded and realistic. I'd have personally preferred to have seen Seth in there with Chauncy, but I'm admittedly biased as Chauncy is our co-host on OTR. That said, given he didn't look Welliver's direction, I don't have any real problem with Banks as his next opponent. I would, however, still like to see Chauncy get an opportunity against someone like Mitchell on a televised card.

HBO is never ever going to put Welliver on TV. Mitchell is an HBO fighter. It isn't an issue of Mitchell not looking his direction it is an issue that HBO is never going to put Welliver on TV. Ever.
Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #49
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Not a bad fight, Banks is ok, and on par with Witherspoon maybe even a small step up from Chazz.

Its good that Mitchell is stringing together fights with some fringe contedners-Ibrigamov, Witherspoon, and Banks. If he beats Banks then he could step up to a top 10 contender in his next fight or two at the latest.

Chagaev was a very attractive name but you knew that fight probably wouldn't happen. Even though Banks beat him I was hoping Travis Walker got this fight, he's the same level as Banks and would have made for a more entertaining fight.
BOGART is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #50
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mitchell isn't ready for a Klitschko, so he's going to take out their undercard fighter? Really good move for Team Seth. He had problems with Chazz and Banks is about the same level, where I think Chagaev would've been too much.
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #51
twopiece
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1064

I still think people are looking past Banks too much. Not saying he's special at HW, but he has a very, very good chance of rocking "Mayhem" Mitchell to sleep.

This is a good step for Mayhem to take, considering the fact that he's not even close to ready for a title shot at the moment. He needs more time to work his way towards that. To me, going at a guy like Banks is a better idea than some of the other options he could have taken. It "shouldn't" be a step too far.... while at the same time, it's not a walk down the Deontay Wilder past of least resistance.
twopiece is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #52
Convicted_Felon
Certified Savage
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

HBO is trying to build Seth Mitchell as the next American heavyweight. I don't blame them but if they're going to do that, they should at least do it by having him face some tougher comp. Adamek-Chambers winner to fight Mitchell on HBO and we'll see how much of a big deal this Seth Mitchell guy really is. Stop carrying this man and put him in some real fights. They tried to make a super feat out of him KOing Witherspoon. C'mon man Witherspoon was knocked out recently so they put him in there to get knocked out. What happens when Mitchell gets dazed by a real fighter who's there to kill? We will be saying bye bye to another American Heavyweight.
Convicted_Felon is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #53
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 258

Banks was never a cruiser, he was a dehyrdated HW looking for a belt. At fight night he was like over 215 against Adamek, his last and only loss btw.

Banks has a decent win over Walker, I like this match for Mitchell. Almost seems a little too risky at this stage, but good to see that.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #54
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

Good fight.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #55
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
HBO is never ever going to put Welliver on TV. Mitchell is an HBO fighter. It isn't an issue of Mitchell not looking his direction it is an issue that HBO is never going to put Welliver on TV. Ever.
Welliver has ZERO saleability. If not for his lame attemptes at self-promotion on ESB nobody would know of him at all.
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #56
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Terrible fight. Figured Mitchell's team would put him in there with a glass jaw chump after Witherspoon had him ready to go.

Banks has great technique, but his jaw is possibly worse than Mitchell's and he doesn't have the physical tools to take Mitchell out before he can take him out.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #57
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

banks by late ko.

i think mitchell starts warring but banks doesnt give him the oppertunity. banks continuely lands 1-2 with a 1-2 followed by a suprise left hand sending mayhem to the floor
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #58
wallworkjake123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGART View Post
Not a bad fight, Banks is ok, and on par with Witherspoon maybe even a small step up from Chazz.

Its good that Mitchell is stringing together fights with some fringe contedners-Ibrigamov, Witherspoon, and Banks. If he beats Banks then he could step up to a top 10 contender in his next fight or two at the latest.

Chagaev was a very attractive name but you knew that fight probably wouldn't happen. Even though Banks beat him I was hoping Travis Walker got this fight, he's the same level as Banks and would have made for a more entertaining fight.
How is Walker on the same level as Banks if Banks TKO'D him?

That must mean Banks is on the same level as Adamek then?
wallworkjake123 is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #59
BOGART
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallworkjake123 View Post
How is Walker on the same level as Banks if Banks TKO'D him?

That must mean Banks is on the same level as Adamek then?

Banks rates a little higher than Walker since he beat Walker but lets not act like there's a big difference between the two. If they had a rematch tomorrow I don't think anyone would be surprised if Walker won.
BOGART is offline  Top
Old 05-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #60
wallworkjake123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGART View Post
Banks rates a little higher than Walker since he beat Walker but lets not act like there's a big difference between the two. If they had a rematch tomorrow I don't think anyone would be surprised if Walker won.
I think they would. Mitchell got outboxed and almost blasted out by Witherspoon in a round, Walker and Mitchell are around the same level, Banks is higher.
wallworkjake123 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum