Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #106
The Spider

vCash:
Default Re: Seth Mitchell Facing Jonathan Banks WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MesserStick View Post
He broke down crying in the ring. He did not have his wits about him at all in the interview. He was not recovered. His legs also never fully got back to normal.

Go watch Tim Bradley vs Kendal Holt, that is a recovery. Seth got very lucky that Spoon gassed himself and didn't listen to Virgil Hunter. Anybody who stayed composed in that fight takes him out.

But I do give him credit for fighting through the adversity. He came back to a degree and still had his weapons to try and rely on. He kept throwing and eventually he busted Spoon's arse. He never came close to being the same man he entered the ring as though. That dude was still partially on queer street long after the fight was over.
There's plenty to like about fighters who can bust their opponent's arse while they are on queer street themselves
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #107
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman71 View Post
when you threw in holyfield, and other cruiserweights as examples to what blown up must be be in my head thats putting words in my mouth or drawing a conclusion to what i must think...thats pretty obvious or you wouldnt have said it..... i left off one major point as to what makes one a non blown up cruiserweight...when they have pretty much conquered their division before moving up. holyfield cleaned out his division and was already making big money back then as evidence of his showtime contract as cruiserweight champ... there literally was no one for him to fight anymore and the heavyweight champ was 215 pounds back then and an average heavyweight was 220. he could have beat most of them at his 202 pound he weighed in on his heavyweight debut. banks at 20-1 fought one had cleaned out nothing and youve seen pictures of how he looks as a heavyweight...if thats not blown up, i dont know what is...he has yeat to be in there with anyone of note after 3 years....where as holyfield was knocking people out or pummeling them as his goal was to fight for a heavyweight title, the heavyweight title, not float around fat fighting chumps for 3 damn years just to say "im a heavyweight"
just because adamkek looks great with his shirt off on the beach, does not make him a bonafide solid heavyweight....he looked like crap against 2 big old slow old heavyweights in grant and mcbride...yes he won, but thats simply a skilled fighter against 2 mediocre ones. he will never beat a wlad, vitali , while no shame in that, but not winning a round tells me that such a great cruiserweight was a mismatch in the one heavyweight fight that mattered.
so blown up can also mean that when its crunch time, its a cruiserweight fighting a heavyweight and its painfully obvious after the first 3 minutes have gone by.....

blown up can also mean you cant crack an egg as a heavyweight , bringing cruiserweight power to the heavyweight division...... when holyfield was laying people out , "blown up cruiserweight" was an after thought.... when you are actually favored in fights agains legit competition...you may not be considered a blown up cruiserweight
Due to the fact that we can't perfectly express ourselves through telepathy, whenever you converse with another human being you are always interpreting their use of language and drawing conclusions about their ideas from what they're trying to verbally express, hence the need to carry on a conversation at all. This is not interchangeable with putting words into someone's mouth, Ice. Just the same we are chasing our own tails here, now, and hopefully you agree that we're probably best off to cut our loss of time on this one, mate.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #108
Lefthooktommy
Natural Born Killer
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Big call
Banks can do it!
Lefthooktommy is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #109
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict

vCash: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MesserStick View Post
He broke down crying in the ring. He did not have his wits about him at all in the interview. He was not recovered. His legs also never fully got back to normal.
HE WON THE FIGHT BY KO. What don't you get about that? Quit pissing on him because he isn't fighting your object of desire.
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #110
baldbull
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Banks is a good credible fight unlike some other possibilities I could mention.
baldbull is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 03:56 AM   #111
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

It seems to me that Banks lacks something to complete the picture. Yes, I have to admit his win against Walker was very spectacular. Yet, he was on the edge of some competitive fights or going the distance with lesser opponents. Rossitto - MD12, Gavern - DRAW SD12, Montana -UD12, Long - UD10.

I hope that the winner faces Khan Kubrat after he defends his European title once.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 04:40 AM   #112
Journey Man
Journeyman always.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 137

Mitchell aint great... Banks could win
Journey Man is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #113
The MesserStick
DavidTua.net Blows
ESB Addict

vCash: 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTheBest View Post
HE WON THE FIGHT BY KO. What don't you get about that? Quit pissing on him because he isn't fighting your object of desire.
Eat shit man. It's got nothing to do with that at all. Seth and his team wanted to fight Chauncy. Other scum derailed it. Oscar is still holding a grudge against me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSofSdFb1D8[/ame]
The MesserStick is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 04:33 AM   #114
brood3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brood3 View Post
Wlad has faced better and much harder punchers compared to Witherspoon. And he hasn't been rocked hard since the first Samuel Peter fight. So how can you say his chin is weaker than Mitchell. Mitchell is a knockout waiting to happen.

And to the morons here who thinks Banks can't crack. Take a look at this.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The same shit is happening to glass jawed Mitchell. You better believe it!
Looks like I told you all whats up. Read it and weep bitches I called it. Next time don't put your faith on Football reject.
brood3 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:00 AM   #115
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefthooktommy View Post
Banks KO 2
LOL Nice call, congrats!
madballster is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:01 AM   #116
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF View Post
Mitchell has power, but lacking upper level experience (proven with witherspoon) although i was impressed with the come back. Banks is way above Witherspoon.

Banks has a ton of experience. trained for years and years with Emanuel, has sparred with the Klitschkos for years......

IMO big step up for seth........

Banks by KO
Another nice call. I have to admit I would've never thought Banks takes this. Props to him.
madballster is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:07 AM   #117
pirao666
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by brood3 View Post
Looks like I told you all whats up. Read it and weep bitches I called it. Next time don't put your faith on Football reject.
Good call bro
pirao666 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #118
JERMZ BOXING
Mr. Know-it-all
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefthooktommy View Post
Banks KO 2
JERMZ BOXING is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #119
brood3
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirao666 View Post
Good call bro
Thanks. I still can't believe self proclaim "boxing experts" around here had the gall to call this fight a mismatch. When it was signed.
brood3 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum