Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default If you put every heavyweight champion of all time into 1 room to fight who walks out?

In their primes, which fighter do you think makes it out? It wouldn't surprise me if Foreman, Marciano, or Dempsey walked out. I think Tyson would get jumped just because of how many enemies he's made, I also think that a few guys might jump Sonny Liston too, he's just such a big threat. Big George might make it out because he seems like the type of guy where 4 guys jump on his back, and they all get thrown off at once.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
Sonny's jab

vCash:
Default Re: If you every heavyweight champion of all time into 1 room to fight, who walks out?

Dempsey would be my first choice, Marciano and Foreman seem good choices too.

I wouldn't bet anything on Tyson.
"Tyson was a street fighter" is a MYTH.
Most of Tyson's childhood convictions were for beating up old grandmothers. As a adult, he's been convicted for beating up an old guy in road rage and raping a petite beauty contestant.
He broke his hand in a streetfight with Mitch Green.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: If you every heavyweight champion of all time into 1 room to fight, who walks out?

Marciano would be my 1st choice, Dempsey,Foreman,Louis,Ali,Lewis, I saw the way Lewis handled Tyson at the weigh in fight but the killer instinct was with the first 4
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #4
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 118

No mentions of Bowe or Lennox Lewis?
Russell is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #5
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576

Gene Tunney. He'd hide in a corner, wait until everyone else exhausted themselves (deterring anyone who came too near him with his superior linguistic skill) and then clobber the last surviving opponent over the head with a chair. Tommy Burns would have a shot by crouching down really low so that no-one can see him, and then taking out the last survivor by headbutting their knee-caps.

Champions who I'd give the least chance to: Tyson, Bowe, Holmes, Dempsey. All would be much to aggressive, get into lots of fights, and get worn out early. If you've ever had a "royal rumble" scrap with your friends, you'll know what I'm talking about: it's always the Machiavellian types who win, never the he-men.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

I'd probably think that Tyson and Dempsey have a good chance , surely Joe Louis would knock a few guys cold aswel
teeto is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2008, 05:54 PM   #7
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
No mentions of Bowe or Lennox Lewis?
Lewis wasn't very good when it came to shoving and wrestling.

I think Bowe would tire himself out.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2008, 05:54 PM   #8
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

The one closest to the door
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2008, 05:58 PM   #9
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis
Marciano would be my 1st choice, Dempsey,Foreman,Louis,Ali,Lewis, I saw the way Lewis handled Tyson at the weigh in fight but the killer instinct was with the first 4
I wouln't give Ali much of a shot. He might have had an iron jaw and really fast hands, but if someone like Foreman got their hands on him, it would be all over.

I'd give Marciano a very good shot. When he was in the army he got into a big scrap in a bar, and he was the last one standing in the end.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2008, 06:00 PM   #10
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze
The one closest to the door
Its locked and bolted shut to a brick wall. No one can get out until there is only 1 person left standing and no one else is able to fight.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2008, 06:01 PM   #11
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan
Gene Tunney. He'd hide in a corner, wait until everyone else exhausted themselves (deterring anyone who came too near him with his superior linguistic skill) and then clobber the last surviving opponent over the head with a chair. Tommy Burns would have a shot by crouching down really low so that no-one can see him, and then taking out the last survivor by headbutting their knee-caps.

Champions who I'd give the least chance to: Tyson, Bowe, Holmes, Dempsey. All would be much to aggressive, get into lots of fights, and get worn out early. If you've ever had a "royal rumble" scrap with your friends, you'll know what I'm talking about: it's always the Machiavellian types who win, never the he-men.
I think Larry and Dempsey could hold their own. Larry seems like/is the type of guy who isn't shy about jumping someone. He's also smart (street wise) and would make friends with some of the other champs and gang up on the tougher guys like Liston and Foreman. He would leave guys like Douglas and Spinks alone until the end because he knows that he could beat them with relative ease.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #12
bill poster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Tyson or Marciano
bill poster is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #13
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

I'll overlook the silliness of the thread and change the question: who is the best street fighter of the heavyweight champions? Dempsey.
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #14
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

After seeing Forman vs 5 guys, I dont think he could get out, he was struggle with journymen in his 4th and 5th fights in that. I belive if we up the level(Other champions), and after taking out the Sharkeys or the Tommy Burns of the heavyweights, he finds his match against the Marciano or Dempsey's after he gets gas out.

I think the guys with the long term stimia like Jeff or Marciano, or EVEN Jess Willard would be the best picks imo.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #15
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234
Its locked and bolted shut to a brick wall. No one can get out until there is only 1 person left standing and no one else is able to fight.
Oh well; then I go for Evander; he would just pay everyone off.
TBooze is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum