Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-14-2008, 04:32 AM   #31
RockyJim
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: If you put every heavyweight champion of all time into 1 room to fight who walks out?

Marciano and Jack Dempsey.....
RockyJim is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2008, 05:12 AM   #32
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: If you put every heavyweight champion of all time into 1 room to fight who walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_Lowe
You really think Holmes would walk into the same room to fight him?

Hey, one down before it even begins

JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2008, 05:12 AM   #33
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: If you every heavyweight champion of all time into 1 room to fight, who walks out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89
I'll overlook the silliness of the thread and change the question: who is the best street fighter of the heavyweight champions? Dempsey.
Heartily agree!
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2008, 09:11 AM   #34
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: If you every heavyweight champion of all time into 1 room to fight, who walks out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan
Gene Tunney. He'd hide in a corner, wait until everyone else exhausted themselves (deterring anyone who came too near him with his superior linguistic skill) and then clobber the last surviving opponent over the head with a chair. Tommy Burns would have a shot by crouching down really low so that no-one can see him, and then taking out the last survivor by headbutting their knee-caps.

Champions who I'd give the least chance to: Tyson, Bowe, Holmes, Dempsey. All would be much to aggressive, get into lots of fights, and get worn out early. If you've ever had a "royal rumble" scrap with your friends, you'll know what I'm talking about: it's always the Machiavellian types who win, never the he-men.
good point
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #35
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: If you put every heavyweight champion of all time into 1 room to fight who walks out?

Vitali Klitchko hands down, because of kickboxing career, he was 4 time champ.
Sakura is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #36
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234
I think Larry and Dempsey could hold their own. Larry seems like/is the type of guy who isn't shy about jumping someone. He's also smart (street wise) and would make friends with some of the other champs and gang up on the tougher guys like Liston and Foreman. He would leave guys like Douglas and Spinks alone until the end because he knows that he could beat them with relative ease.
Larry's cunning might bail him out, but I'm not sure his temper (outside of the ring) would allow his street-smarts to come into play. Still, if Larry Holmes was a pro-wrestler, he'd be someone like Ric Flair (ie. a strategist), so I'd give him a good shot I suppose.

The only way I can see Dempsey winning would be if he can swallow his pride, and I suspect Jack's the kind of man who would swallow his balls before his pride, although he did (probably) take a dive early in his career, so who knows?
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #37
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura
Vitali Klitchko hands down, because of kickboxing career, he was 4 time champ.
That's a good point, but we're talking about heavyweight champions here, not belt holders. There is also the danger of Vitali Klitschko breaking a nail and giving up.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #38
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Herbie Hide
Hide is certainly a veteran bar-room brawler, but there is a danger that someone leaves a window open, and a gust of wind knocks him out.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:43 PM   #39
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senya13
Jim Jeffries. Stamina, durability, strength, wrestling experience.
I'd give Jefferies a chance because he was tough and smart, but I suspect Gene Tunney would probably confuse him with a few choice Bernard Shaw quotations, before throwing a well-polished shoe at him and knocking him unconscious.

Actually, since we're going back in history, Sullivan would have a very good shot. He had what were basically bar-room brawls with gloves on in just about every tavern in the US when he toured the country. He was also very good at mixing up wrestling and boxing, since boxing in his day was full of throws and holds.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #40
yancey
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Smokin' Joe walks out with a smile on his face after taking out the other champ still standing, Marciano, with a left hook to the nuts.

(okay, I admit it, I'm very biased towards Joe )
yancey is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2008, 12:52 AM   #41
Longhhorn71
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Primo (as he did in many of his real fights) downs 27 cloves of garlic and all the champs want "out" and Carnera is the only one left "in" the room.
Longhhorn71 is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #42
Ghoulie

didn't i read way back that Liston doing time got asked into a prison pit to sort out who was the man by the 'boss' - when he got in the pit, there was supposedly 6 to 8 guys waiting for him - all of whom were hospitalised.

Liston was supposedly in his 50s when he was fighting Ali - allegedly nobody would fight him in his prime
Ghoulie is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #43
aussiefighter

vCash:
Default Re: If you put every heavyweight champion of all time into 1 room to fight who walks

this is as stupid as hydraulix butterbean thread
Old 02-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #44
Vince Voltage
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I'm surprised everyone's picking Marciano...the guy was small. I like Foreman, and honestly I think Nicolai Valuev's sheer size would give him a serious shot at it.
Vince Voltage is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #45
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

James Braddock.
Seamus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum