Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #46
Surf-Bat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: If you put every heavyweight champion of all time into 1 room to fight who walks

Boxing in the ring makes you good at boxing. Fighting in the streets makes you good at streetfighting. Since we're basically talking streetfight I'm siding most strongly with the guys whom we know were street brawlers in their youth.

In that case I would have to go with Sonny Liston. Street brawler as a kid. Post-bar hours alley brawler as an adult and prison brawler later on. Add the discipline of the professional boxing ring and him being able to rise to the very top at that as well and you have yourself one very formidable fighter on all fronts.

Tom Sharkey was a street brawler in his native Dundalk, Ireland. Then brawled with dockside toughs in ports all over the world when he was in the Navy. He had a ferocious rep long before he ever entered the prizering and it showed in the way he fought.

I understand that Dempsey fought often to put food in his stomach before he became a boxer. That kind of ferocious fighting should garner him strong consideration as well.

Those three would be my "best streetfighter" picks.
Surf-Bat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #47
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: If you every heavyweight champion of all time into 1 room to fight, who walks out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
The one closest to the door
What happens if the door is locked ?
Seriously, from what I have read lo these many years, i would take the Boilermaker Jim Jeffries. He had massive natural strength and endurance.
He trained with wrestlers too. Strong,and immune to pain...
burt bienstock is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 12:09 AM   #48
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: If you put every heavyweight champion of all time into 1 room to fight who walks

this would come down to personality...could one fighter get guys to work to together..would it break down by race....would it break down by era.....

i think just in general the big guys would at a disadvanage because they are big and would be targets.
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #49
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Is Spinks in there? Spinks would do some interesting stuff to avoid being hit.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #50
happylora
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1620

Jack Johnson he had real experience of this sort of thing and was very good at it.
happylora is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #51
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG1965 View Post
Is Spinks in there? Spinks would do some interesting stuff to avoid being hit.
Thats funny i didnt even think of him, Spinks was a charachter and he had such a herky jerky style at HW. Id be rootin for him but his chin wasnt the greatest at heavy eventually he gets TYsoned

First one i thought of was a young George Foreman combos of natural size,Punching Power and Chin, better speed to than gets credit for.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 01:33 AM   #52
albinored
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

...i thought of foreman first and he'd still be my pick, but after jeffries was mentioned here i'm not as locked in as i was on george. maybe it would get down to those two.
albinored is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 01:34 AM   #53
KOTF
Bingooo
East Side Guru

vCash: 66874

Since it's at a bar, is everybody going to be drunk?
KOTF is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 03:01 AM   #54
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

is young foreman and old foreman both in this....because i suspect they would work together then.....
Johnstown is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 03:05 AM   #55
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown View Post
is young foreman and old foreman both in this....because i suspect they would work together then.....
anarci is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 05:17 AM   #56
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
In their primes, which fighter do you think makes it out? It wouldn't surprise me if Foreman, Marciano, or Dempsey walked out. I think Tyson would get jumped just because of how many enemies he's made, I also think that a few guys might jump Sonny Liston too, he's just such a big threat. Big George might make it out because he seems like the type of guy where 4 guys jump on his back, and they all get thrown off at once.
Ali Bomaye.....!
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 05:45 AM   #57
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Foreman would clean house
sportofkings is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 05:47 AM   #58
Boucher
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senya13 View Post
Jim Jeffries. Stamina, durability, strength, wrestling experience.
But he would only hit the white champs.
Boucher is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 06:31 AM   #59
EverLast
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: If you every heavyweight champion of all time into 1 room to fight, who walks out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny's jab View Post
Dempsey would be my first choice, Marciano and Foreman seem good choices too.

I wouldn't bet anything on Tyson.
"Tyson was a street fighter" is a MYTH.
Most of Tyson's childhood convictions were for beating up old grandmothers. As a adult, he's been convicted for beating up an old guy in road rage and raping a petite beauty contestant.
He broke his hand in a streetfight with Mitch Green.
really? does this include the numerous times in recent years people have tried jumping him in brooklyn, and hes knocked the **** out of em and faced prosecution?

id put tyson ahead of marciano
EverLast is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #60
Il Duce
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It sure wouldn't be Muhammad Ali,,,,,,,,,
Il Duce is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum