Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 05-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #61
animalfan10
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: 3 HUGE kickboxing/muaythai events coming up this weekend!!!

Van Roosmalen vs Askerov was my favorite fight followed by Zambo vs Chahid as my 2nd.

Please make Van Roosmalen vs Zambidis soon!!
animalfan10 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #62
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

There is no way Van Roosmalen vs. Zambidis would be anything but fireworks. I love that fight.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #63
Jim Bowen
MARVELOUS
ESB Addict

Badr Hari? He given up boxing already? He only quit a couple of months back didn't he?
Jim Bowen is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #64
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bowen View Post
Badr Hari? He given up boxing already? He only quit a couple of months back didn't he?
I think he still wants to box, he just wants to win the K-1 shit after that he still wants to box I believe
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #65
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Slamm 7 Saiyok Pumpanmuang vs Mohamed Khamal fight video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZA9kxyNhJ0[/ame]
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #66
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #67
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Glory world series missing 2 fights....

First 16 tourney

Giorgio Petrosyan vs Fabio Pinca

Robin van-Roosmalen vs Dzhabar Askerov

Yoshihiro Sato vs Shemsi Beqiri

Kem Sitsongpeenong vs Davit Kiria

Ky Hollenback vs Michael Corley

Albert Kraus vs Mohamed El Mir

Super fights

Nieky Holzken vs Alex Harris

Gokhan Saki vs Carter Williams

HW title fight

Semmy Schilt vs Errol Zimmerman
Thanks Yaca. Finally got round to watching it, better late than never. I did enjoy this more than the K1 bash and it had Roosmalen Askerov!!!

First 16 tourney

I really really wanna like Petrosyan, but I can’t. He is boring boring boring. The Floyd of the kickboxing world, a very gifted fighter but boring to watch. For a guy that claims to come out of an MT background he sure never shows it and I really wish he would. Pinca is quality but looked like he was giving weight. Is it just me or did Petrosyan look massive at the weight compared to Pinca? As Hoost said in the K-1 rising competition too many guys seem to be cramming themselves in at the weight as other than the HWs this is the only glamour division in the international kickboxing with any real money in it. You’ve got guys like Kyshenko basically a LHW fighting alongside guys like Longern Superpro Samui who are basically blown up light welters. It’s unfortunate for quality fighters form other divisions that should be the big dogs of their own division but aren’t. It makes it all seem a little unbalanced and mismatched and can artificially boost people’s reps as it can destroy them.

Anyway well done to Petrosyan, he ground out another one.

Robin van-Roosmalen vs Dzhabar Askerov
What a great fight, fight of the night, two quality bulldogs goin at it! Close but fair decision. I wanna see the rematch, the rubber and anything else!

Yoshihiro Sato vs Shemsi Beqiri
Enjoyed this, but what was the naturally weight difference between the two?? Enjoyed the plucky heart and business of Shemsi but liked the knee counters in round 2 of Sato. He reminds me of Taishin Kohiruimaki another tall Jap with a terribly ugly style. Both can’t turn the hip over when they kick, which considering Sato supposedly took MT when he was 16 is unforgivable.

Know what you mean Yaca, Kem was disappointing, but so was the judging. Bad day at the office for Kem, but it happens to everyone. Bad strategy in round three, he should’ve kept bombarding him with low and mid kicks Kiria would’ve crumbled. I understand why he got knocked down in 1st round he wasn’t familiar with that kind of Karate kick, to Kem it looked like a straight knee but then the guy extended and his foot popped up which caught Kem unexpected.

Ky Hollenback vs Michael Corley
Weird stoppage?!?!

Albert Kraus vs Mohamed El Mir
Enjoyed this, it felt like a good honest fight. The third was all Kraus, but the first 2 rounds were way more competitive than the idiotic commentators would have you believe. The kid El Mir was countering well with kicks in the first two and was mixing it up nicely with hands and feet. Again I reckon weight played apart, with El Mir looking like a naturally lighter man but bulking up to the weight with fat.

Super fights

Nieky Holzken vs Alex Harris
Harris had a horrible style, swarming with all sorts of shots from all sorts of angles but off balance and with no power. The kind of style a lot of western guys had in the 80s and 90s,guess no one told him times had moved on. Holzken had the tougher style form the start and even though he wasn’t getting anything off you felt he was balanced and set himself, so the result isn’t really a surprise.

Gokhan Saki vs Carter Williams
Glad it ended quickly, didn’t feel it would have been competitive had it lasted.

HW title fight

Not much to say about this other than it was everything I hate about big boy MT/Kickboxing. Heavyweight kickboxing/MT should be banned due to lack of depth in the division. Very few big guys can master the technique and become fluid fighters, very few indeed. Most of the guys are overweight and lack any true skill or quality. Pitiful display, ugly ugly ugly!!! With the size Schilt had on Zimmerman it shouldn’t have gone past one, but it did due to a total lack of skill and experience. It was like a novice debut at a lighter weight. This was for a world title for ****s sake!!!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #68
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Schilt has a lack of experience?
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #69
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Schilt has a lack of experience?
There is a lack of quality heavywieght kickboxers in the division. Always has been and always will be. There are very few big guys out there that can fight fluidly and look good doing it and Schilt ain't one. From a technique standpoint he looks like a novice. He may have many fights under his belt but in a division that lacks any quality and where size trumps everything how much experience can you really get?

Last edited by boranbkk; 06-01-2012 at 09:36 PM.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #70
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:

Thanks Yaca.

Alot of poeple are making a big deal of this win, but it's hard to judge without seeing the whole fight.

Very harsh luck for Saiyok's winning streak to be broken by a doctor in the 2nd round. Would this have been stopped in Thailand? Who knows?
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #71
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post
Thanks Yaca. Finally got round to watching it, better late than never. I did enjoy this more than the K1 bash and it had Roosmalen Askerov!!!

First 16 tourney

I really really wanna like Petrosyan, but I can’t. He is boring boring boring. The Floyd of the kickboxing world, a very gifted fighter but boring to watch. For a guy that claims to come out of an MT background he sure never shows it and I really wish he would. Pinca is quality but looked like he was giving weight. Is it just me or did Petrosyan look massive at the weight compared to Pinca? As Hoost said in the K-1 rising competition too many guys seem to be cramming themselves in at the weight as other than the HWs this is the only glamour division in the international kickboxing with any real money in it. You’ve got guys like Kyshenko basically a LHW fighting alongside guys like Longern Superpro Samui who are basically blown up light welters. It’s unfortunate for quality fighters form other divisions that should be the big dogs of their own division but aren’t. It makes it all seem a little unbalanced and mismatched and can artificially boost people’s reps as it can destroy them.

Anyway well done to Petrosyan, he ground out another one.

Boring how? Maybe in its one-sidedness I liked the fight actually. But I am a petrosyan fan after all

Petrosyan was more aggressive than usual in this fight. In some fights I get what his critics have said about him being boring. and comparing him to mayweather in all, but unlike mayweather he fights the best in his division and will take risks come forward to win the fight. Not just when he has to, but because he wants to make a statement/entertain the fans (not you Boran but the rest of us).

Quote:
Know what you mean Yaca, Kem was disappointing, but so was the judging. Bad day at the office for Kem, but it happens to everyone. Bad strategy in round three, he should’ve kept bombarding him with low and mid kicks Kiria would’ve crumbled. I understand why he got knocked down in 1st round he wasn’t familiar with that kind of Karate kick, to Kem it looked like a straight knee but then the guy extended and his foot popped up which caught Kem unexpected.
I agree about round 3 khem needed to press his advantage with his kicks. It wouldnt have hurt either for khem to start coming on strong with hard right hand bombs. khem has real dynamite in his hands. being knocked down himself Khem would need a knockdown of his own to win this fight or at least win convincingly in the third round (to make a draw fight) to get to a extension 4th round.

Bad gameplan indeed, Khem decides to walk straight in without throwing punches and just eat whatever comes his way so he can clinch Kiria? This is how khem got ko'd by Rachid Belaini a couple years ago! Besides the clinch under glory rules is not scored heavily and is broken up within 3 seconds- bad gameplan for khem.

Quote:
HW title fight

Not much to say about this other than it was everything I hate about big boy MT/Kickboxing. Heavyweight kickboxing/MT should be banned due to lack of depth in the division. Very few big guys can master the technique and become fluid fighters, very few indeed. Most of the guys are overweight and lack any true skill or quality. Pitiful display, ugly ugly ugly!!! With the size Schilt had on Zimmerman it shouldn’t have gone past one, but it did due to a total lack of skill and experience. It was like a novice debut at a lighter weight. This was for a world title for ****s sake!!!
I disagree with this post with the exception of one thing:

the fight should have been stopped in the first round, for the safety of Zimmerman

Shilt was whoopin that ass, glad zimmerman survived. he has giant cojones for even taking that fight considering what happened the last time they fought.

Hw kickboxing has a pretty deep talent pool actually:

Shilt
Ghita
Hari
Aerts (retiring)
Saki
Sponge
Overeem (might as well compete)
lebanner
Zimmerman
Ignashov (if he returns to form)
Hesdy Gerges (stay out of jail)

Back in the glory days of the k-1 GP (mid 90's -early 2000) it was the deepest division in kickboxing. Shilt has a ton of skill, zimmerman as well just got outclassed by shilt who has a massive size advantage.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #72
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Thanks Yaca.

Alot of poeple are making a big deal of this win, but it's hard to judge without seeing the whole fight.

Very harsh luck for Saiyok's winning streak to be broken by a doctor in the 2nd round. Would this have been stopped in Thailand? Who knows?

it was a bad cut, but it seems it was the only effective thing Khamal did in the fight. Saiyok was winning before that clearly. We didnt get to see the elbow that opened Saiyok because of the camera angle and the ref which is too bad but we did get to see the aftermath which I posted earlier.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 06:15 AM   #73
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Boring how? Maybe in its one-sidedness I liked the fight actually. But I am a petrosyan fan after all

I disagree with this post with the exception of one thing:

the fight should have been stopped in the first round, for the safety of Zimmerman

Shilt was whoopin that ass, glad zimmerman survived. he has giant cojones for even taking that fight considering what happened the last time they fought.

Hw kickboxing has a pretty deep talent pool actually:

Shilt
Ghita
Hari
Aerts (retiring)
Saki
Sponge
Overeem (might as well compete)
lebanner
Zimmerman
Ignashov (if he returns to form)
Hesdy Gerges (stay out of jail)

Back in the glory days of the k-1 GP (mid 90's -early 2000) it was the deepest division in kickboxing. Shilt has a ton of skill, zimmerman as well just got outclassed by shilt who has a massive size advantage.
I know your A Petro fan, he's a gifted fighter and I'm not trying to wind you up I just find him dry, I prefer a more balls out Thai approach to fighting with real malice in the work.

About the HW thing well I was tongue in cheek about the ban. I've been participating and watching MT and kickboxing for a long long time and the problem for me with HWs is that they due to their size never manage to master alot of basic technique.

Most don't seem to have a fraction of the skills an equally experiened lowerweight divison fighter has. It's a division where a huge guy with a good one two can dominate most fighters cos of the lack of skills generally in the division. It's not their fault it's just the way they're built, it's really a an art designed for little guys. Look at that guy Shilt trying to kick, it's pitiful especailly once he gets tired. Some big guys are built in such a way they can carry the weight well and have real corodination like maybe Badr, but they are very rare.

The glory days of HW K1 were no different than now, a small group of maybe 10 Elite fighters making all the noise and repetedly fighting each other on the big bills cos there is no one else out there. What does that tell you that Aerts is srill out there and Cro Cop can still win on a major fight show in the 2nd round? A lack of HW talent in general, this has always beena nd will always be cos of the size of these guys. It ain't eays to throw a fast lead round lick turn your hip over and then follow with a powerful high right high round kick in a fluid competent manner if your a 20 stone man mountain!

There have always been bundles of more competent fighters in the lower weight divisions. Most of the names on that list Yaca wouldn't survive in the lower weight divisions with their level of skill. Sure, props to Zimmerman for giving it a go and trying his best to make it competative, but it should never have happened a horrible mismatch. I'm sure we aren't gonna agree on this one Yaca cos I know your a big fan of the whole international KB scene, but it's good we don't always agree. But For me HW MT/Kickboxing is usually very ugly and most often uncompetative and mismatched with a few great fights sprinkled in on that rare occasion,

Quote:

it was a bad cut, but it seems it was the only effective thing Khamal did in the fight. Saiyok was winning before that clearly. We didnt get to see the elbow that opened Saiyok because of the camera angle and the ref which is too bad but we did get to see the aftermath which I posted earlier.
Does look pretty bad, and I agree Khamal was losing, infact struggling to o anything effective. It'd be interesting to see if it was calculated straight elbow like a hook or a hayemaker over the top and down elbow, just to gage if it was hit and hope or more calculated than that.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #74
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I would agree that the lower weight divisions are more skilled generally.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #75
The Spider

vCash:

Saiyok's cut was just plain nasty. That will take a couple of months to heal satisfactorily, or it will just open up again.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum