Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
shommel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default hearnes vs lamotta.....

could lamotta handle the thunderous shots from the hitman or does jake walk through them and take tommy into deep waters for the win? why and how?
shommel is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666
Default Re: hearnes vs lamotta.....

I think he can take Tommy's power. However, Lamotta is significantly slower, doesn't hit as hard as Hagler, and isn't a southpaw. If Tommy doesn't engage Jake in a brawl, he can out-box him on the backfoot to win a decision. The question mark for me would be Tommy's stamina, can it hold up for 15 rounds, whilst he's running and fighting on the backfoot?
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
whosthere
Knock Knock
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

I think Lamotta is taylor made for Hearns. Tommy always did good against brawler types, and I think his boxing skill and power could Keep Jake at long range and outscore him.
The question, as pointed out by a previous poster is Tommy's ability to go 15 with a pressure fighter who he likely could not knock out.
Still, I give Tommy a convincing win on points.
whosthere is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
THE EXPERT
Journeyman

Tommy wins this one in a clear but hard fought battle. Hearns power and length is the difference. Although he may not knockout lamotta, his jab and powerful right hand followed by the left hook to the body would force lamotta to think about defense more than he is used to. I do not believe hearns has to move much because he has the tools and the power and the physical attributes to maintain his range advantager thoughout the fight. He can fight this in similar fashion as douglas did against tyson. (Enough movement to maintain his advantages but limited movement to maintain power.)The scores would be lopsided BUT this may be one of the hardest fights hearns would have had to fight.
THE EXPERT is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Hearns is basically Robinson without the chin/in fighting, still I see him surviving here or maybe even scoring a KO
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Jake's chin neutralizes the great power of Hearns and I think Jake is stronger late in the fight for the stop
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
ETM
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis View Post
Jake's chin neutralizes the great power of Hearns and I think Jake is stronger late in the fight for the stop
Agreed.

Jake is getting inside regardless of what Hearns throws at him. Tommy Hearns doesnt have the legs and balance of a Ray Robinson. Once the fight got into deep water its going to be Jake LaMotta all over him.

LaMotta was a vicious bodypuncher and that would be the key to taking away Tommy Hearns already shaky legs. LaMotta was also rough and nasty in the ring. He would just wear Tommy down.

If the fight was only 10 rounds Id give Hearns a decent chance of winning a decision but if it goes 12 or 15 gotta favor LaMotta by stoppage.
ETM is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #8
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

Jake stops Hearns ... No way Tommy takes him out and Jake would break him down and wear him out over fifteen ... Hearns was far from unbeatable at 160. He was crushed by Hagles, iced by Barkley and fought for his life against Roldan ...
he grant is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #9
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Hearns should take a comfortable UD.
DonBoxer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum