Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 05-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #16
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: For our UK friends

We have a different view of tested , if you think surviving Ingleby means you have a good chin. Bit like saying Tyson Fury has been tested because he hit himself ! I still remember Price all at sea in the Olympics and being dropped as an amateur . He fought far higher class amateurs than he has pros so far and his chin failed. I expect it to fail again
riggers is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #17
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggers View Post
We have a different view of tested , if you think surviving Ingleby means you have a good chin. Bit like saying Tyson Fury has been tested because he hit himself ! I still remember Price all at sea in the Olympics and being dropped as an amateur . He fought far higher class amateurs than he has pros so far and his chin failed. I expect it to fail again

What, a free shot to the jaw when your relaxed off a heavyweight means **** all ? maybe we should ship Ernie Shavers over the Mersey to give him a free shot and in your opinion a REALTEST for Pricey ? **** sake
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #18
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
What, a free shot to the jaw when your relaxed off a heavyweight means **** all ? maybe we should ship Ernie Shavers over the Mersey to give him a free shot and in your opinion a REALTEST for Pricey ? **** sake
I predict Prices chin fails him in the future. Ingleby hit him, but he will get hit a lot harder as he moves up, but if that is a test for you, so be it. Shavers is a bit past it and despite living down the road from Pricey he could probably get some better sparring
riggers is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #19
GladiatoR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1586

Price is far superior compared to Fury.

He's a nice, patient boxer with great power. Works well behind the jab, to the body and throws some nice combinations. Hasn't looked in trouble at all where as Fury has struggled at domestic level.

Price's chin isn't as weak as some claim - it's becoming overrated. He was stopped in the amateurs but remained on his feet in several occasions.
GladiatoR is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #20
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

His chin is his weakest link, but i agree with the rest of your appraisal of his abilities.
riggers is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 03:21 AM   #21
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggers View Post
I predict Prices chin fails him in the future. Ingleby hit him, but he will get hit a lot harder as he moves up, but if that is a test for you, so be it. Shavers is a bit past it and despite living down the road from Pricey he could probably get some better sparring
What part of a" tested to a sort" do you not understand ? Of course he will get hit harder than Ingleby as his standard of opponent rises and yes its pro heavyweight boxing his jaw could fail you don't have to be Manny Steward to realise that .
Old 05-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #22
riggers
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
What part of a" tested to a sort" do you not understand ? Of course he will get hit harder than Ingleby as his standard of opponent rises and yes its pro heavyweight boxing his jaw could fail you don't have to be Manny Steward to realise that .
That's fine Josey I asked you to clarify tested of a sort. You said in sparring with Haye, which you had not witnessed. You then said Ingleby , I said we had different views on tested. The conversation should have been over at that point. It's not I don't understand what you say, more I just don't agree that he has been tested as a pro to a level any average heavyweight would not have passed. I am not saying his chin 'could' fail, I am saying it 'will' fail, not because it's heavyweight boxing, but because his chin 'has' failed numerous times as an amateur. He has good skills and power, he uses his height very well. His chin is his 'Achilles heal'. Feel free to drag this up when he turns out to have a Lammotta esque chin, just don't drag up my prediction that Tom Dallas would be our standout heavyweight prospect.
riggers is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #23
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Ok I admit I thought Dallas was our standout , another of my tips bites the dust .
Old 05-31-2012, 06:44 PM   #24
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatoR View Post
Price's chin isn't as weak as some claim - it's becoming overrated. He was stopped in the amateurs but remained on his feet in several occasions.
excellent smithers....excellent..
swingin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum