Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #136
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Well at least the toilets will be getting cleaned this summer.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2012, 02:49 AM   #137
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I shouldn't post this, but **** it. Cred to BS for it.
I spoke to Ajose and his trainer Joe Mensah yesterday. We are all in Africa at the moment. We have not agreed to step aside at all. If your quote is correct then WBC know that they are ****ing up if they sanction Garcia vs Khan. What deal is there to make?

My understanding is that the rule to give unifications precedence was overturned. Also Khan is neither WBA or IBF champion.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 02:52 AM   #138
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E View Post
Boxing has never been fair.

For every guy who deserved to fight for a World Title but never did there are 10 Marvin Fraziers. (that is not to say that Ajose Olusegun deserves a shot at a 'World' title)

Thats been the way since the genesis of the sport and will be until the last ever punch is thrown in a ring.
When you win every title available to you, are unbeaten and win the scheduled final eliminator you are guaranteed to fight for the title as you have earned it.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:43 AM   #139
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Ajose will lose anyway, might as well take step aside money.
onourway is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 05:03 AM   #140
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway View Post
Ajose will lose anyway, might as well take step aside money.
All I can say is that 30 have tried and 30 have failed. Unfortunately Golden Boy don't share your confidence that Ajose will lose. Easier said than done.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:47 AM   #141
Jun Fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
All I can say is that 30 have tried and 30 have failed. Unfortunately Golden Boy don't share your confidence that Ajose will lose. Easier said than done.

Tbh team khan/goldenboy, dont give a shit about Ajose/WBC/fairness/rules/boxing all they want is an easy way to try to claw back some credibity and for khan. He lost to Peterson in the ring, they did everything in their power, whingeing, bitching and crying to try to take back the titles without fighting for them. Laz is an unashamed khan nuthugger, he'll blindly defend whatever, team khan do, no matter how immoral.

Last edited by Jun Fan; 06-03-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Jun Fan is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #142
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun Fan View Post
Tbh team khan/goldenboy, dont give a shit about Ajose/WBC/fairness/rules/boxing all they want is an easy way to try to claw back some credibity and for khan. He lost to Peterson in the ring, they did everything in their power, whingeing, bitching and crying to try to take back the titles without fighting for them. Laz is an unashamed khan nuthugger, he'll blindly defend whatever, team khan do, no matter how immoral.
^ this is true
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #143
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun Fan View Post
You are spot on. Peterson kicked his arse fairly the 1st time and would have done it again in the rematch. They want to position Khan to face Mayweather which will do well at the box office but is nothing more than murder.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #144
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

tell ajose to go home and beat **** outta his other half then suliman will probably give him his shot
Old 06-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #145
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
You are spot on. Peterson kicked his arse fairly the 1st time and would have done it again in the rematch. They want to position Khan to face Mayweather which will do well at the box office but is nothing more than murder.
That looks a little debatable under the circumstances, but I agree on the second part. They're basically cashing Khan out, knowing a loss to Floyd won't make a difference to his career.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #146
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
It didn't really happen like that though did it....As it turned out there was nothing fair about it. Having said that I do have real sympathy for Ajoses situation, it really is a shit position to be in. If they are going to pay, make the bastards pay through the nose.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 09:37 AM   #147
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

in this weeks boxing news the wbc are open to listen to fans apparently, get a petition going for ajose
Old 06-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #148
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I'm sure HBO must be desperate for Ajose to headline a show for them.
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #149
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Frankly call me naive but I don't think Peterson was juiced up against Khan.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #150
mani0
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Frankly call me naive but I don't think Peterson was juiced up against Khan.
mani0 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum