Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #61
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
If I was Garcia's team and could make $750001 rfor losing to Khan but know I could pick up the vacant strap when he vacates, or fight Ajose for a third of that and know that losing would effectively put me out of the title picture... I'm sure I'd take door one.

It's wrong, but it is what it is.
I know what they are thinking however what was agreed at the WBC convention by the Governors was to give a special dispensation to let Morales defend against Garcia on the strict proviso that the winner faced Ajose who had done his part in defeating Ali Chebah in the final eliminator to become mandatory challenger. If he reneges then he must be stripped of the belt so that Ajose can fight for it. Waiting 3 years is to long. Frankly there are better fighters than Garcia out there. He is nothing its just the belt we need.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #62
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Anyway enough of this for now. How do you lads see Bute and Froch tonight. Should be a great one potentially.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #63
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I see Fat Mick Hennessy distracting the ref', Bute slipping the brass knucks on and laying Frochy out.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #64
chilli&lemon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
I know what they are thinking however what was agreed at the WBC convention by the Governors was to give a special dispensation to let Morales defend against Garcia on the strict proviso that the winner faced Ajose who had done his part in defeating Ali Chebah in the final eliminator to become mandatory challenger. If he reneges then he must be stripped of the belt so that Ajose can fight for it. Waiting 3 years is to long. Frankly there are better fighters than Garcia out there. He is nothing its just the belt we need.
That's the problem right there Olu, Ajose beat Ali who? Boxing fans know who the top dogs in the 140lb are: Bradley, Khan, Lamont, Garcia, Maidana, Mathysse, Judah Alvarado, Rios etc - Ajose should just go out and fight one of the other top guys in the 140lb division, I'd pick him to beat any of them except Khan, Bradley and Mathysse, then I would love to see any organisation deny him a title shot. Boxing is too political and money motivated I'm afraid Olu for honour to be given precedence.
chilli&lemon is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #65
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli&lemon View Post
That's the problem right there Olu, Ajose beat Ali who? Boxing fans know who the top dogs in the 140lb are: Bradley, Khan, Lamont, Garcia, Maidana, Mathysse, Judah Alvarado, Rios etc - Ajose should just go out and fight one of the other top guys in the 140lb division, I'd pick him to beat any of them except Khan, Bradley and Mathysse, then I would love to see any organisation deny him a title shot. Boxing is too political and money motivated I'm afraid Olu for honour to be given precedence.
Ajose beat Ali Chebah the contender the WBC asked him ti fight in the final eliminator. We do our part by fighting whoever we asked to fight. He is now the mandatory contender for the WBC belt so he has to fight for that title. Ajose would stop Khan and defeat Mattysse. Timothy Bradley is a special fighter as well which will be illustrated in a few weeks when he beats Pacman.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #66
SuspiciousChees
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He should fight Maidana.
SuspiciousChees is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #67
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Anyway enough of this for now. How do you lads see Bute and Froch tonight. Should be a great one potentially.
Froch is a great fighter, and he's having a great career. He fights the very best in the division and when he finally retires nobody will be complaining he didn't fulfill his potential.

He's obviously been managed and trained brilliantly, the team behind him get him the fights, get him ready, and he does the business. If anybody in boxing is struggling to achieve things, they need to look closely at how team Froch operate.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 01:26 AM   #68
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole View Post
Froch is a great fighter, and he's having a great career. He fights the very best in the division and when he finally retires nobody will be complaining he didn't fulfill his potential.

He's obviously been managed and trained brilliantly, the team behind him get him the fights, get him ready, and he does the business. If anybody in boxing is struggling to achieve things, they need to look closely at how team Froch operate.
Froch is a great fighter. Match room and Eddie Hearn are doing a great job. So is Rachael Cordingley. I am not sold on Robert McCracken though but Froch believes in him. McCracken disappointed me with the development of the talented Howard Eastman.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:34 AM   #69
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Eastman was a beast in sparring, but always looked unmotivated in fights. Not sure that Rob McCracken was at fault there, but then I don't know the whole story.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 02:02 AM   #70
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Eastman was a beast in sparring, but always looked unmotivated in fights. Not sure that Rob McCracken was at fault there, but then I don't know the whole story.
Didn't realise he trained Eastman.

Froch's two best performances have came "when he listened to Rob". He's also done a good job with Team GB, although not sure if its just because of an exceptional pool of talent.
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #71
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
I think deep down that Eastman did not respect McCracken because he defeated McCracken when they fought so he should have had a different trainer.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #72
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Any updates on Ajose's next move Olu G.?
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #73
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post
Any updates on Ajose's next move Olu G.?
The situation is delicate and cannot go into to many details but I fully expect he will be fighting for the WBC title and that Garcia will be stripped of the belt should he face Khan. Mind you knowing the WBC I can see them making Garcia Champion Emeritus or some other bullshit construct.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #74
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Why would you stick with the WBC, Olu? It makes no sense - of all the orgs it's the least reputable. At least the IBF actually enforces its own rules.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #75
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Why would you stick with the WBC, Olu? It makes no sense - of all the orgs it's the least reputable. At least the IBF actually enforces its own rules.
Our boxing commissioning Nigeria has always been a member of the WBC traditionally hence that is the title we always aspire to back home. In Nigeria we never had any connection with the WBA especially since it had affiliation with South Africa in the Apartheid days. The IBF you are right is a potentially boxing board to deal with but lets win the WBC belt. Joe Lasisi got some flak back home for fighting for the WBA title against Virgil Hill.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum