Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #76
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Our boxing commissioning Nigeria has always been a member of the WBC traditionally hence that is the title we always aspire to back home. In Nigeria we never had any connection with the WBA especially since it had affiliation with South Africa in the Apartheid days. The IBF you are right is a potentially boxing board to deal with but lets win the WBC belt. Joe Lasisi got some flak back home for fighting for the WBA title against Virgil Hill.
I remember the issue with the WBA. I really feel for you over this, Olu. I may not be convinced of Ajose's greatness like you are, but he deserves the chance to prove it.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #77
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,971
vCash: 238
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Why not just take a bypass for one fight? He can get a ton of money for letting them fight for the title, and get on the undercard also. And at the end of the day, still getting his title shot in the next fight, guaranteed. That would either be vs. Khan or if he chooses to vacate, you'd get it against someone else.

A win win for Ajose, in my opinion.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #78
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Why not just take a bypass for one fight? He can get a ton of money for letting them fight for the title, and get on the undercard also. And at the end of the day, still getting his title shot in the next fight, guaranteed. That would either be vs. Khan or if he chooses to vacate, you'd get it against someone else.

A win win for Ajose, in my opinion.
Khan will not fight Ajose. He is being matched extremely carefully now after the near disaster against Maidana and Peterson. They want to feed him Garcia who is not ready then try and con the public into a big fight against Mayweather later this year where he will get ruined albeit lucratively. We have already taken bypasses so why should we take another one? Does anyone really think Garcia has a chance against Khan? He is not the finished article.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #79
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Khan will not fight Ajose. He is being matched extremely carefully now after the near disaster against Maidana and Peterson. They want to feed him Garcia who is not ready then try and con the public into a big fight against Mayweather later this year where he will get ruined albeit lucratively. We have already taken bypasses so why should we take another one? Does anyone really think Garcia has a chance against Khan? He is not the finished article.
Agree 100% - why take another step aside when he's taken so many. Give him the fight or let him fight for the vacant belt.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #80
MagicMan91
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Highgate/Camden, London
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 179
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Why not just take a bypass for one fight? He can get a ton of money for letting them fight for the title, and get on the undercard also. And at the end of the day, still getting his title shot in the next fight, guaranteed. That would either be vs. Khan or if he chooses to vacate, you'd get it against someone else.

A win win for Ajose, in my opinion.
Ajose's been promised plenty before & these promises were never acted upon. Absolutely no "guarantee" he'll get his title shot at all mate. He shouldn't allow himself to be walked all over just because Khan & GBP are wanting to make a fight for a belt he's entitled to fight for first
MagicMan91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #81
KidJackal
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dublin
Posts: 950
vCash: 2323
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Well for you man, there's only so long you can be ****ed around, dont stop til you get the title shot.

WAR AJOSE
KidJackal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #82
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,971
vCash: 238
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Khan will not fight Ajose. He is being matched extremely carefully now after the near disaster against Maidana and Peterson. They want to feed him Garcia who is not ready then try and con the public into a big fight against Mayweather later this year where he will get ruined albeit lucratively. We have already taken bypasses so why should we take another one? Does anyone really think Garcia has a chance against Khan? He is not the finished article.
Matched extremely carefully? What rubbish. Who exactly has Ajose fought?

Garcia isn't as bad as you say. Everyone thought Peterson would be a breeze also - that wasn't the case, obviously.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but Olusegun has only recently become mandatory for the WBC after his fight with Ali Chebah, right? What bypasses has Ajose taken? I wouldn't blame him at all if it's all about the title for him because at the end of the day, with some fighters it about getting that title, but like I said, what doesn't make sense about receiving a lot of money, getting on an undercard in Vegas, getting some UK exposure on Sky, and then undoubtedly getting a title shot after?

Instead, if Garcia gets stripped, Ajose will be fighting someone for little money, little to no television exposure and win a title.

Personally, if I was Ajose's manager, I would consider it a fair deal, but then again, I'm a nobody. Just my pov on it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan91 View Post
Ajose's been promised plenty before & these promises were never acted upon. Absolutely no "guarantee" he'll get his title shot at all mate. He shouldn't allow himself to be walked all over just because Khan & GBP are wanting to make a fight for a belt he's entitled to fight for first
In all honesty, I just looked at Ajose's record (haven't ever before) and noticed that he's fought absolutely nobody of note (Don't mean any disrespect or anything) apart from Colin Lynes four years ago, but who else? Ali Chebah got him that position? I was actually quite shocked when I looked at it. I don't know much of the details anyway, but how many times has he been bypassed because there's no chance that he was in the mandatory sport prior to the fight with Ali Chebah. Even then, I'm quite surprised that he is.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #83
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Matched extremely carefully? What rubbish. Who exactly has Ajose fought?

Garcia isn't as bad as you say. Everyone thought Peterson would be a breeze also - that wasn't the case, obviously.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but Olusegun has only recently become mandatory for the WBC after his fight with Ali Chebah, right? What bypasses has Ajose taken? I wouldn't blame him at all if it's all about the title for him because at the end of the day, with some fighters it about getting that title, but like I said, what doesn't make sense about receiving a lot of money, getting on an undercard in Vegas, getting some UK exposure on Sky, and then undoubtedly getting a title shot after?

Instead, if Garcia gets stripped, Ajose will be fighting someone for little money, little to no television exposure and win a title.

Personally, if I was Ajose's manager, I would consider it a fair deal, but then again, I'm a nobody. Just my pov on it anyway.



In all honesty, I just looked at Ajose's record (haven't ever before) and noticed that he's fought absolutely nobody of note (Don't mean any disrespect or anything) apart from Colin Lynes four years ago, but who else? Ali Chebah got him that position? I was actually quite shocked when I looked at it. I don't know much of the details anyway, but how many times has he been bypassed because there's no chance that he was in the mandatory sport prior to the fight with Ali Chebah. Even then, I'm quite surprised that he is.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
He was number 1 contender for several years prior to winning the mandatory against Ali Chebah who was a real tough guy. I don't care whether he is well known or not. I judge fighter son what I see and view not reputation.

He stood aside in agreement with the WBC to allow the Morales vs Garcia fight. He was number 1 contender when Bradley and Alexander held the belts. Junior Witter refused to fight him when he held the Commonwealth belt. I know Lynes is highly regarded by some (not by me) however Ajose has beaten much better fighters in the UK including Pryce, Holgate, Ali Nuumbembee and Nigel Wright.

We are not stepping aside again period. You may if it was your decision but this world title shots years overdue. No champion is going to face Ajose unless it is a mandatory shot. Golden boy have watched tapes of Ajose as well as being in attendance for the Chebah fight and their view is no thank yo.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #84
giggler
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

lol, is this guy still saying khan would never fight ajoey?
giggler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #85
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,971
vCash: 238
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
He was number 1 contender for several years prior to winning the mandatory against Ali Chebah who was a real tough guy. I don't care whether he is well known or not. I judge fighter son what I see and view not reputation.

He stood aside in agreement with the WBC to allow the Morales vs Garcia fight. He was number 1 contender when Bradley and Alexander held the belts. Junior Witter refused to fight him when he held the Commonwealth belt. I know Lynes is highly regarded by some (not by me) however Ajose has beaten much better fighters in the UK including Pryce, Holgate, Ali Nuumbembee and Nigel Wright.

We are not stepping aside again period. You may if it was your decision but this world title shots years overdue. No champion is going to face Ajose unless it is a mandatory shot. Golden boy have watched tapes of Ajose as well as being in attendance for the Chebah fight and their view is no thank yo.
Several years? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but who in there right mind would have Ajose in the number one contender spot when there's absolutely nobody on his record of note in that time span? That is genuinely a surprise to me and I find it quite hard to believe.

I know Ajose stepped aside with the Morales-Garcia fight, but I just don't see how fighters like Pryce, Holgate, Wright etc got Ajose that spot - whole different story anyway.

That's cool, I don't really have a problem with it personally. I'm just quite surprised how he got to that spot for supposedly 7 years with the people he's fought. And to be honest, the WBA and the Ring is likely to put up the title in the fight between Garcia and Khan, so if that's the case, I guess Ajose will have little choice but to watch from the sidelines since a mandatory is overruled in the case of a unification.

Best of luck to you, anyway!
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #86
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,404
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
That's cool, I don't really have a problem with it personally. I'm just quite surprised how he got to that spot for supposedly 7 years with the people he's fought. And to be honest, the WBA and the Ring is likely to put up the title in the fight between Garcia and Khan, so if that's the case, I guess Ajose will have little choice but to watch from the sidelines since a mandatory is overruled in the case of a unification.
The WBC over-turned that rule last year, IIRC. I think under the circumstances the WBC wouldn't be able to claim that anyway, since they made an exception already.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #87
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
The WBC over-turned that rule last year, IIRC. I think under the circumstances the WBC wouldn't be able to claim that anyway, since they made an exception already.
Exactly. Also what did Garcia do to earn a title shot other than have the right promoter.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #88
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 14,971
vCash: 238
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
The WBC over-turned that rule last year, IIRC. I think under the circumstances the WBC wouldn't be able to claim that anyway, since they made an exception already.
Just looked at their rule book. Don't see anything, so you're probably right.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #89
12downfor10
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sunderland, England
Posts: 1,243
vCash: 206
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Good to see someone take a stand against Sillyman and his crooks. Hopefully your legal position is water tight because they will try and brush you under the rug any chance they get. Look what they did to Sergio, and he was the middleweight champ.
12downfor10 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #90
MagicMan91
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Highgate/Camden, London
Posts: 4,984
vCash: 179
Default Re: Ajose Olusegun will not be denied the opportunity to fight for and win the WBC ti

Regardless of HOW Ajose got to #1 contender status, fact is he IS the #1 ranked for the belt, has been waiting around for years & already stepped aside once. It's ridiculous for him to just stand around nicely waiting for a shot for another 3 years
MagicMan91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013