Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 05-29-2012, 06:58 PM   #61
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Re: UFC 146 salaries: Headliners Dos Santos and Mir to make flat $200K paydays

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Ahhh Stoo my man! See now this is what i'm talking about. Glad we both speak English and most of all understand it!
This was VERY clear from my initial post, IS the point. I'm not interested in speculating on undisclosed sums of money that no one knows about and neither did i EVER mention this. But the FLAT salary both guys earned seems somewhat non-descript when both are home grown products worth millions to the brand. Twas merely an observation. But who knew it would illicit such a response from Mother Teresa...I mean OpieFag.

You want to start a thread bitching about how the UFC doesn't pay its headliners enough.

But you don't know how much these guys actually earned. You have no clue how much any of them ended up pocketing. But nobody here believes that JDS got 200k and that's it.

Yet you still start the thread and talk all the way through it like they get $200k and that's it. After how many posts? I STILL don't know your reasoning for completely ignoring any other sources of income the UFC pays Mir and JDS.

If JDS makes a couple of bucks off each PPV, or gets a bonus for selling a certain number...... that counts as the UFC paying him for the fight, scurla. Even though you want to pretend that it doesn't, it does count.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #62
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC 146 salaries: Headliners Dos Santos and Mir to make flat $200K paydays

Ohh for ****s sake...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #63
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Faggis and half decent is an oxymoron In all my years of being on this board iv never read anything from him that added any value to any discussion.

Quote:
Ooooo you're just soooo precious aren't you sweety. They're can be only one response for this load of dog shit
Seriously why did you even take the time to compose this crock? I quote an article from MMA Junkie ABOUT THEIR UFC Salarys verbatim but Faggis the know nothing MMA google scholar wants to have a dig about the price of fish? Seriously just stop posting mate. You're like the MMA forum version of Opie except you're actually a retard.
Here's a bit of advice for you though. Next time you want to wade into a thread swinging your E-Balls and quoting stats from Sherdog just to remind everyone how little you know about MMA, try and stick to the topic pookie and keep up. I mean a man as pedantic as yourself surely should have been able to figure out the discussion from the thread title right? Thats a rhetorical question by the way. I don't require answer.
Maybe if I jerk off to enough UFC cards that I actually get a pathetic tattoo celebrating my lack of competition in the sport, I could add value to the discussion just as you have here.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #64
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoo View Post
ohh for ****s sake...
+1
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #65
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Ohh for ****s sake...
Can we agree that if we're going to talk about whether the headliners get paid enough or not, we should at least know what the headliners earn?

Am I crazy, or is it stupid to bitch that they don't get paid enough when we know damned well that we're all clueless about how much money actually winds up in Mir, JDS and co's pockets?

Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #66
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

We've all acknowledged, even Scurla, that we dont know what the guys earn in bonus'...go re read the discussion me Will and Scurla had whilst you were offline...and please get a grip

As Ive said before, occasionally you make a good point when you repeat something you've heard Rogan say, but please, **** off you boring repetitive **** wit. you have brought nothing to this discussion except for trying to score kudos over Scurla. But you've just made a tit of yourself in my humble opinion

I have zero interest in your reply, Im just being polite with this one.
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #67
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
We've all acknowledged, even Scurla, that we dont know what the guys earn in bonus'...go re read the discussion me Will and Scurla had whilst you were offline...and please get a grip

As Ive said before, occasionally you make a good point when you repeat something you've heard Rogan say, but please, **** off you boring repetitive **** wit. you have brought nothing to this discussion except for trying to score kudos over Scurla. But you've just made a tit of yourself in my humble opinion

Who gives a **** about base pay?

If 200k is all they wind up with, then yeah, that seems to be pretty far on the low side. So we can get upset with the UFC for underpaying the UFC champion.

But that isn't the world that we actually live in. Junior didn't get paid 200k for the fight. So who gives a **** what his base pay is, if everyone knows damned well that it doesn't reflect what he actually earned for the fight?

Why are we all pretending like JDS is getting ripped off because he only had a 200k flat pay?

And if we all know that he earned more than that, but none of us have any clue how much more, then what is there for any of us to say?

Old 05-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #68
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #69
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:

Alright man.

In that case, could you kindly enlighten me as to what this thread's discussion topic actually is?

I mean, the thread title talks about the headliners getting $200k.

Then scurla talks about how "the salaries are getting less and less in the UFC." "Santos and Mir are only taking a flat $200k each." These are presented as definate statements of fact, when they are nothing of the sort.

But when it's pointed out that they both earned more than that, but none of us are privy to the information about exactly how much more (something which everyone acknowledges to be correct), scurla throws a tantrum and I'm an asshole.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #70
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Maybe he should star a thread about Cain's tattoo...anyway...take the hint

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #71
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Maybe he should star a thread about Cain's tattoo
That thread generated almost 200 responses.

Quote:
Sooo........... this thread is and always was utterly pointless then.

Just created in order to bitch. And this time, not even bitching at something real. Just pretending that something is one way when everyone knows it isn't. Just for the sake of inventing something to bitch about. Just more aimless, pointless, dishonest hating from scurla, the irrelevant non-participant who is WAY too invested in a fringe sport.

Awesome, another worthwhile conversation in the MMA forum then.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:07 PM   #72
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Why is it whenever there's a thread about fighter pay everyone goes full retard and starts acting like a bunch of ****ing children?
Primate is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #73
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Why is it whenever there's a thread about fighter pay everyone goes full retard and starts acting like a bunch of ****ing children?
Because haggis gets involved...
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #74
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

No, I'm talking about both sides.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #75
liger05
puroresu fan 4 life!!
ESB Addict

ppv sales are down. tv ratings are down. MMA is a niche sport and always will be.
liger05 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum