boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 05-29-2012, 09:31 PM   #76
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC 146 salaries: Headliners Dos Santos and Mir to make flat $200K paydays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
No, I'm talking about both sides.
Post 44-57 was a decent discussion in relation to the actual thread topic...go look who didnt post during that time fella
Stoo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 02:54 AM   #77
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Default Re: UFC 146 salaries: Headliners Dos Santos and Mir to make flat $200K paydays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post

You want to start a thread *****ing about how the UFC doesn't pay its headliners enough.

But you don't know how much these guys actually earned. You have no clue how much any of them ended up pocketing. But nobody here believes that JDS got 200k and that's it.

Yet you still start the thread and talk all the way through it like they get $200k and that's it. After how many posts? I STILL don't know your reasoning for completely ignoring any other sources of income the UFC pays Mir and JDS.

If JDS makes a couple of bucks off each PPV, or gets a bonus for selling a certain number...... that counts as the UFC paying him for the fight, scurla. Even though you want to pretend that it doesn't, it does count.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-h6IJILu88[/ame]
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 02:55 AM   #78
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:

Maybe if I jerk off to enough UFC cards that I actually get a pathetic tattoo celebrating my lack of competition in the sport, I could add value to the discussion just as you have here.

More dog poo:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-h6IJILu88[/ame]
Old 05-30-2012, 02:57 AM   #79
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
No, I'm talking about both sides.
There's no two sides here mate. READ the thread and then see who turned it into what it is now. I assure you it wasn't me. It is after all a thread i started. Stoo, Will et al all made great contributions. The kind you expect from normal cognitive adults.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:02 AM   #80
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Alright man.

In that case, could you kindly enlighten me as to what this thread's discussion topic actually is?

I mean, the thread title talks about the headliners getting $200k.

Then scurla talks about how "the salaries are getting less and less in the UFC." "Santos and Mir are only taking a flat $200k each." These are presented as definate statements of fact, when they are nothing of the sort.

But when it's pointed out that they both earned more than that, but none of us are privy to the information about exactly how much more (something which everyone acknowledges to be correct), scurla throws a tantrum and I'm an asshole.

Like iv said to you more than once you dribbling re**** i COPIED IT VERBATIM FROM MMA JUNKIE. ITS THEIR ARTICLE YOU ***** . So take issue with them. Write them a long winded letter. Let them know how you feel. As no one else here really gives a **** 'how' you feel and we'd all prefer if you just wound your neck in, took your pills and left the adult debate to the adults. Thanks much.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #81
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB100 View Post
Haggis might have to rethink his time on the MMA forum. He was a breath of fresh air there for a while, but this thread really deteriorated into schoolboy semantics.

Unfortunately my little Jamician pom has come out on top here
I'm not Jamaican....Just saying......
Old 05-30-2012, 03:25 AM   #82
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by liger05 View Post
ppv sales are down. tv ratings are down. MMA is a niche sport and always will be.

Although not my point. Still a worthy one. The sport isn't as big as fans make out and isn't likely ever to be.
On a side note i wonder what the reactions would have been like if Cain Vs BigFoot was shown live on Fox....
Old 05-30-2012, 03:35 AM   #83
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Like iv said to you more than once you dribbling re**** i COPIED IT VERBATIM FROM MMA JUNKIE. ITS THEIR ARTICLE YOU ***** .
I took those lines from your remarks at the bottom of the opening post, you moron.

Quote:
we'd all prefer if you just wound your neck in, took your pills and left the adult debate to the adults.
The adults who are typing "BWAHAHAHA!!!" and posting videos of dogs ****ting?

How about you acknowledge that it's idiotic to ***** about the headliners not getting paid enough, when none of us even have any idea how much the headliners got paid?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 AM   #84
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Although not my point. Still a worthy one. The sport isn't as big as fans make out and isn't likely ever to be.
Right, it's not nearly as big as bodybuilding, correct?

Old 05-30-2012, 03:50 AM   #85
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB100 View Post
Unfortunately my little Jamician pom has come out on top here
Honestly, I am interested about how you arrive at this conclusion.

I may be long-winded and repetitive, but at least I back my opinions up with reasoning.

In this thread, scurla posted an article and then wrote "seems like the salary's are getting less and less in the UFC."

I replied that since everyone knows that the base pay isn't representative of the headliner's total pay, then none of us are really in a position to comment on Cigano and Mir's purses. So it seems pointless to either say that they're well paid, or ***** that they aren't earning enough.

Everyone acknowledges that the 200k is essentially a meaningless figure without knowing the inside info.

So what the **** has scurla done in this thread aside from put that 200k figure up, act like it's a definitive indication of earnings when everyone knows it isn't, and then throw semi-literate tantrums when he is questioned?

Old 05-30-2012, 05:36 AM   #86
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Hypocrite McJokethief strikes again

Quote:
3) Apparently you have an uncontrollable hard-on for me. Why? I can't even tell you and Popkins apart. Can't we just talk about things like adults, and have different stances and discuss the reasoning behind these opinions? Why do you insist on throwing these infantile temper tantrums over nothing?
Haggis, we can discuss what we want, you a free to disagree, but please, **** off
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #87
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Haggis..... think about what a headlining boxer gets paid for a marquee fight. Thats not including any money from sponsors - thats just the base fee he gets paid for taking the fight. Now compare that figure with what for example Cigano (no need to even mention Carwin) made for doing the same thing. Its laughable, and disgusting
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #88
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
I took those lines from your remarks at the bottom of the opening post, you moron.

The adults who are typing "BWAHAHAHA!!!" and posting videos of dogs ****ting?

How about you acknowledge that it's idiotic to ***** about the headliners not getting paid enough, when none of us even have any idea how much the headliners got paid?

You prefer Cow Poo instead?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FunrfTo46pM&feature=related[/ame]
Old 05-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #89
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
Haggis..... think about what a headlining boxer gets paid for a marquee fight. Thats not including any money from sponsors - thats just the base fee he gets paid for taking the fight. Now compare that figure with what for example Cigano (no need to even mention Carwin) made for doing the same thing. Its laughable, and disgusting
According to Forbes recently, the highest paid athlete in the world is Pac-Man. Of course he represents the thin edge of the wedge but shows that compensation in boxing is still very much substantial.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #90
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Right, it's not nearly as big as bodybuilding, correct?

And in todays news the price of fish has just gone up.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum