Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-26-2012, 10:17 PM   #31
The Genius
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch continues to build a greater legacy than Calzaghe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewishamboy View Post
The same way Bute was undefeated before tonight. I'm not shitting on Calzaghe's achievements in the ring. But it's cold hard fact that he remained on home soil fighting Manfredo Jr's for far too long.

Froch has exposed Calzaghe without even fighting him!
If Froch is doing something nobody else has done, then it's unfair to keep having a pop at Calzaghe.

Calzaghe did what he did and achieved a great deal.
The Genius is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #32
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Alright, he has been travelling and facing the best and despite two losses to Kessler and ward, won three World Titles but he gat to be on the very top and we know he's not there yet. He gat to avenge defeats.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #33
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genius View Post
If Froch is doing something nobody else has done, then it's unfair to keep having a pop at Calzaghe.

Calzaghe did what he did and achieved a great deal.
Hey man i'm only calling it as i see it. Don't pin me down as some kind of Calzaghe hater off the back of one comment. I was and still am a big fan, check my post history if you're really that bothered.

Just cause i said Froch could stop Calzaghe doesn't mean i think it'd happen even 3 times out of 10. The chances are Joe would win on points and most people acknowledge that. We're not talking about h2h we're talking about legacy. I think you're a bit out of touch with the thread topic
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #34
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister View Post
Alright, he has been travelling and facing the best and despite two losses to Kessler and ward, won three World Titles but he gat to be on the very top and we know he's not there yet. He gat to avenge defeats.
Froch will never beat SOG. Too black, too slick. Kessler on the other hand....
Old 05-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #35
The Genius
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I call my friends dickhead all the time. LMAO at the going getting tough. We're on a ****ing forum man. Don't tell me i'm out of touch & to pay attention when every weekend i'm watching boxing. It's pseudo-narcissism. For a self-professed genius you sure do jump to some hasty conclusions about other people.
I'm sorry, but I've seen Calzaghe praise Froch plenty of times in the last 2 years. So I felt you were out touch with their relationship and not boxing in general.

I've now watched Adam Smiths interview again: 'I'll tell you what, we've had boxing on Sky Sports for 20 years...Frank Bruno beating Oliver McCall at Wembley, Ricky Hatton dethroning Kostya Tszyu...

So I was right about that, unless you were referring to something else.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #36
wallworkjake123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Wow! To the idiot who is saying Froch exposed Joe without fighting him - You made a point earlier about how if Byron Mitchell put Calzaghe down then what would Froch do?

Well if past prime, stamina issue, Middleweight Jermain Taylor put Froch down, then what would a prime Calzaghe do?

To be honest, Calzghe's win over BHOP is SO underated. Look what BHOP did after the Calzaghe defeat, and for the record, I'd pick BHOP to dominate Froch on points if they fought tomorrow. Calzaghe fought and beat a better Kessler than Froch, and Froch still lost. Calzaghe has been in close fights (Reid and Hopkins) but he has never been totally dominated in fights like Froch was against Ward (who had an injured hand going into the fight, and he broke it halfway through the fight.)

Froch's resume might be slightly better, but Joe has the better win, beat a better Kessler than the one who Froch lost to, never been dominated and out-boxed like Froch was and H2H Calzaghe would dominate Froch Ward-style.

Think before you speak.
wallworkjake123 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #37
pejevan
inmate No. 1363917
East Side Guru

vCash: 1343

Is this thread really serious?

I don't know if this trolling or not.
pejevan is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #38
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Froch will never beat SOG. Too black, too slick. Kessler on the other hand....
Don't wanna make some extra bucks in the meantime and fight Hop late this year?
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #39
Noneshallpass75
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Calzaghes best wins Eubank, Lacy, Kessler, Bhop

Frochs Taylor, Dirrell, Abraham, Bute

Arguably ?

I dont include johnson as a best win for froch as Bute schooled johnson and well Bute tonight was abysmal
Noneshallpass75 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #40
The Genius
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Hey man i'm only calling it as i see it. Don't pin me down as some kind of Calzaghe hater off the back of one comment. I was and still am a big fan, check my post history if you're really that bothered.

Just cause i said Froch could stop Calzaghe doesn't mean i think it'd happen even 3 times out of 10. The chances are Joe would win on points and most people acknowledge that. We're not talking about h2h we're talking about legacy. I think you're a bit out of touch with the thread topic
Of course Froch can stop Calzaghe, but you seemed to suggest Mitchell was a light-hitter.

I think we all are over-excited and pumped-up, in the aftermath Froch's amazing win.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #41
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I've seen Calzaghe praise Froch plenty of times in the last 2 years. So I felt you were out touch with their relationship and not boxing in general.

I've now watched Adam Smiths interview again: 'I'll tell you what, we've had boxing on Sky Sports for 20 years...Frank Bruno beating Oliver McCall at Wembley, Ricky Hatton dethroning Kostya Tszyu...

So I was right about that, unless you were referring to something else.
There were various points where it was referred to, by Darke, Mcrory and the rest of em. Only once was the sky sports thing specified. Adam Smith was probably the guy who did mention Sky Sports come to think of it since he runs boxing on the channel. I'd dig this crucial piece of evidence up tomorrow if i thought it made any difference. My main point was Froch's approach to his career has exposed Calzaghe's less risky approach to his. It is somewhat of a shame given what a great talent Joe was, we can agree on that. My point is that his legacy at SMW has been overshadowed!!
Old 05-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #42
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallworkjake123 View Post
Wow! To the idiot who is saying Froch exposed Joe without fighting him - You made a point earlier about how if Byron Mitchell put Calzaghe down then what would Froch do?

Well if past prime, stamina issue, Middleweight Jermain Taylor put Froch down, then what would a prime Calzaghe do?

To be honest, Calzghe's win over BHOP is SO underated. Look what BHOP did after the Calzaghe defeat, and for the record, I'd pick BHOP to dominate Froch on points if they fought tomorrow. Calzaghe fought and beat a better Kessler than Froch, and Froch still lost. Calzaghe has been in close fights (Reid and Hopkins) but he has never been totally dominated in fights like Froch was against Ward (who had an injured hand going into the fight, and he broke it halfway through the fight.)

Froch's resume might be slightly better, but Joe has the better win, beat a better Kessler than the one who Froch lost to, never been dominated and out-boxed like Froch was and H2H Calzaghe would dominate Froch Ward-style.

Think before you speak.
and you might wanna learn the difference between WOULD and COULD. Damnnnnnnnn
Old 05-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #43
shanahan14
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Jesus Christ let it go. Calzaghe never lost and whooped everyone he faced outside of Reid and Hopkins.
shanahan14 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #44
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

Quote:
Of course Froch can stop Calzaghe, but you seemed to suggest Mitchell was a light-hitter.

I think we all are over-excited and pumped-up, in the aftermath Froch's amazing win.
No i was just suggesting Froch is a heavy hitter.

Definitely on the second point, tonight's win was an exceptional one, no question.

Bless.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #45
LiamE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

There is one big difference in legacy. Only one of the two was the best in the division.
LiamE is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum