Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-27-2012, 04:28 AM   #61
krishv123
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch continues to build a greater legacy than Calzaghe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneshallpass75 View Post
Kessler beat Froch right?
\

Dont you fancy Froch to beat Kessler in Nottingham????

Joe was a joke of a homeboy...he had some of the worst officiating involved in his fight...DAVE PARIS need I say more!
krishv123 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2012, 04:40 AM   #62
chinachin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Calzaghe was kinda ducking most of the time, Froch isn't. That's greater than being undefeated homeboy.
chinachin is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 05:08 AM   #63
Vergilius
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishv123 View Post
tonight we saw why I I always believed Froch would have given Calzaghe hell...he can fight a southpaw...Froch is also a far more advanced fighter than a limited RObin Reid who many believed beat Calzaghe.

Froch needs to get Kessler in Nottingham and reverse that win....and he will officially be greater than Calzaghe
The case can be made now for sure. Froch has fought consistently better opponents than Calzaghe, who only has too great wins. The first was over Kessler whom Froch has lost to, which is a big plus for Joe. However Calzaghe fought the Dane in Wales whereas Froch went to Denmark. The second one was a close decision over Hopkins. Froch has 6-7 win against opponents of similar caliber. If he could reverse his loss against Kessler, he'd be ahead of Calzaghe, imo. That's a pretty big if, though, because Kessler will never fold like Bute.
Vergilius is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 05:09 AM   #64
Vergilius
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
\

Dont you fancy Froch to beat Kessler in Nottingham????

Joe was a joke of a homeboy...he had some of the worst officiating involved in his fight...DAVE PARIS need I say more!
With or without homecooking? In a fair fight, I would give Kessler the edge to beat Froch again because he has the toughness to back up his superior skill. I'd never count out the cobra, though.
Vergilius is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #65
ApatheticLeader
is bringing ***y back.
East Side Guru

vCash: 187

Calzaghe was the better fighter (I hate saying that) with the best single win, but Froch has the better resume by a mile.
ApatheticLeader is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 05:48 AM   #66
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

I'm a big fan of Froch, and loved the fight last night! But let's be honest here, Carl lost to the two best guys he's faced, Ward and Kessler. Joe won the biggest fights of his career, Eubank, Kessler, Lacy and Hopkins. Carl's win last night over Bute was comparable to Joe's win over Lacy. However, Joe has wins over Eubank and Kessler, that surpass anything Carl has achieved. People point out Carl's wins over Taylor, Abraham, Pascal and Dirrell. However, What have these guys achieved in the SMW division? As far as I can tell, Taylor and Abraham are MW's who never should have fought at SMW, Pascal is natural at LHW, and Dirrell was green. These wins aren't better than Joe's wins over prime Reid, Mitchell, Woodhall and undefeated Bika. Froch is awesome, and has given the boxing world so much entertainment recently, he's awesome in his own right, without having to bring Calzaghe into it.
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #67
youthmann
A NEW KING IS BORN
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
I'm a big fan of Froch, and loved the fight last night! But let's be honest here, Carl lost to the two best guys he's faced, Ward and Kessler. Joe won the biggest fights of his career, Eubank, Kessler, Lacy and Hopkins. Carl's win last night over Bute was comparable to Joe's win over Lacy. However, Joe has wins over Eubank and Kessler, that surpass anything Carl has achieved. People point out Carl's wins over Taylor, Abraham, Pascal and Dirrell. However, What have these guys achieved in the SMW division? As far as I can tell, Taylor and Abraham are MW's who never should have fought at SMW, Pascal is natural at LHW, and Dirrell was green. These wins aren't better than Joe's wins over prime Reid, Mitchell, Woodhall and undefeated Bika. Froch is awesome, and has given the boxing world so much entertainment recently, he's awesome in his own right, without having to bring Calzaghe into it.
You can write it - true lines from you
youthmann is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #68
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Froch is already more popular here than Joe was during his career. He fights in a more appealing style and had the advantages of the Super Six and Fight Camp to broaden his appeal. The real key is he doesn't have fanatical fans creating a backlash against him.

That said, Joe did, eventually, beat a couple of faded legends and will always have those names on his resume. Froch has no such name.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #69
maciek4
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
tonight we saw why I I always believed Froch would have given Calzaghe hell...he can fight a southpaw...Froch is also a far more advanced fighter than a limited RObin Reid who many believed beat Calzaghe.

Froch needs to get Kessler in Nottingham and reverse that win....and he will officially be greater than Calzaghe
Calzaghe went undefeated for years and beat a better version of Kessler quite comfortably. Calzaghe is more on the level of Andre Ward who easily outpointed Froch. Froch also lost to Kessler and in many people's eyes also to Andre Dirrell.
maciek4 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #70
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Kessler.

/Thread.
AnotherFan is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #71
England Is Epic
Don't hate the player!!!

There is no doubt that Froch has faced the slightly better opposition in his career as opposed to JC and he will leave a great legacy. But head to head Calzaghe would outwork Froch and beat him on points the same way he did to Kessler imo. They are both great warriors and deserve massive respect
England Is Epic is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #72
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

shorter resume but better resume, higher quality opponents means you will always lose a coupleof fightd -Froch.

longer duration champion but low aggregate quality opponents, maintains unbeaten record - Calzgahe.

As it stands, Calzaghe rules but Froch can certainly eclipse Zaghes if he puts in some decent defences.
HerolGee is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum