Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #31
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0
Default Re: "One of the best performances ever by a British fighter." Justifiable, historical

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist View Post
The facts can go **** themselves right now I suppose, I'm happy for Froch.
Some in the British Forum would have you believe, this victory is evidence that Froch is one of the finest fighters of the last 20 years:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Genius View Post

Everyone is saying that Froch has the best resume in boxing for the last 20 years. No fighter is doing what Froch is doing.
It was a good win; depending on what Bute goes on to do, it may be even more impressive as time goes on. I am not wanting to belittle the win, Froch showed himself to be a rather good fighter last night.

But it is naive to compare this with a Turpin/RobinsonI or Honeyghan/Curry. It ignores the history of this great sport, and thus mocks Froch's achievement, by over playing it, and he does not deserve that.
TBooze is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #32
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: "One of the best performances ever by a British fighter." Justifiable, historical

The Genius is a dreadful poster Booze.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #33
smitty78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
You probably weren't aware of this but he was actually born in cornwall you know! It's a place on the seaside in england

If you need any more information on one of england's finest ever prize fighter's you can always pm but I suggest you read pollack's book "in the ring with bob fitzsimmons".

The more you find out the more you'll be amazed!
He was raised in New Zealand. Doesn't matter where he was born. By your criteria the Klitchko's are from different countries.
smitty78 is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #34
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

this was a great win for Froch, regardless of where Bute goes.

Froch is fit to reverse his losses and see where it leaves him. I think this was his Best to date performance. I have always been a Froch supporter, though disappointed in his last few outings. He has recovered himself in a Serious Way.

IF he continues to fight like this, he could truly become King of the Division.
thistle1 is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #35
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Not unless Ward leaves the division.

I generally don't approve of weight cutting, but I'd love Froch to have some major success. If he can strip 8lbs out of his system without taking away what makes him a fighter (strength, engine, toughness) then I'd love to see him challenge Sergio Martinez for the middleweight crown.

As I say, wouldn't usually suggest it, but Frochy makes super middle with ease. Would love to see him finally reach the pinnacle!
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 03:16 AM   #36
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

[quote=smitty78;12937966]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post

You trying to defend Haye? Isn't Chisora from Africa? He is as English as Tszyu is Australian.

Amir Khan
David Haye
Joe Calzahge
Naseem Hamed

These are your biggest stars. You trying to say they will take on all comers?

There is always the odd exception such as Hatton and Froch but for the most part the Hugh Grant English stereotype is quite apt don't you think.
Khan defended his title in the challengers back yard.Haye fought Wlad in Germany, Calzaghe fought both Jones and Hopkins in the States. Hamed fought major fights in the US.

Chisora fought Fin ,Helenius in Finland , many think he should have got the verdict. Gave Vitali a competitive fight in Germany,after making a complete prick of himself.

Personally I hated Hamed, think Haye is a loudmouthed boor ,was luke warm about Calzaghe and believe Khan is flawed , but I face facts, you spin fantasies. Probably because you can't produce a fighter worth shit, which makes you wildly overate Darcy and worship him as some kind of god.
As I said, you talk shit.

Last edited by mcvey; 05-28-2012 at 05:35 AM.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 03:33 AM   #37
DemolitionDan
ATG and HoF
East Side Guru

vCash: 1996

It's alongside Hatton-Tszyu, and Calzaghe-Lacy, for this century, definitely.

I think, though, this may'be a Calzaghe-Lacy type situation, though. At that time, it is HUGE, but as time goes by, 5 years from now, people might downplay the significance of Froch's victory.
DemolitionDan is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 03:50 AM   #38
luke
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Everyone who picked Bute to outclass Froch and maybe KO Him, are now saying he was a protected fighter, but if he regroups from this and out classes 2 or 3 top 10 fighters, then and just maybe, then he will get full credit, amazing win for me I was there and had Him to KO Bute at anytime, the bet paid for my night out. Haha
luke is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 04:06 AM   #39
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

I think it is 1 of the best performances, it really reminded me of Curry-Honeyghan, technical unrelenting pressure and just breaking down a top prime

What was impressive wasn't just the result but the fact he first outboxed, made his opponent miss and found his power shots, sensed his opponent was hurt and went for the kill. Doing that in such a manner against a top2 in the world prime opponent, makes it a great win.

Now there'll be plenty of Classic snobbery, ofcourse there are better opponents and better performances. But many will be less dominant and many will have been past prime opponents
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 04:15 AM   #40
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Powerpuncher, how do you see Bute doing against:

Arthur Abraham
Andre Ward
Mikkel Kessler
Andre Dirrel

Bute was never top 2 in his weight class.
Shake is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 04:32 AM   #41
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake View Post
Powerpuncher, how do you see Bute doing against:

Arthur Abraham
Andre Ward
Mikkel Kessler
Andre Dirrel

Bute was never top 2 in his weight class.
Rightly or wrongly he was rated there and it was supposed to be him and Ward to decide the fate of the division

Abraham - Bute wide UD or Abraham KO, probably the former as Abraham is too lazy
Ward - Ward UD - I don't think Ward dominated like Froch
Kessler - I don't think Kessler is as aggressive as Froch, I'd favour KEssler but this version is maybe faded (and hasn't he moved to 175?)
Dirrell - 2 southpaws who really don't like to mix it up, they like to potshot and get out of danger. Dirrell is quicker with a better jab, did far better against Froch (beating him for me) so I favour him but his current form does not warrant a top ranking

The thing is Froch may well have ruined Bute with that beating
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #42
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If that's how you meant it then definitely, he and Ward were seen as the best. I think Abraham would spark him, yet could give Ward a close fight based on his offense.

We agree mostly on Bute. I don't think he's ruined , but he'll have to improve his game against brave pressure fighters. Once is an anomaly, but after Andrade and now Froch, the secret's out.

If he wants to build a serious legacy, he should excersize the rematch clause. The world knows he has the fight if he wants it.
Shake is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 06:32 AM   #43
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict

A very good win for Froch in terms of his display and execution of Bute, who should also get props for the classy way he genuinely clapped Frochs win being officially announced.

I think Frochs shown a lot of character this past few years, hes certainly a strong ****er and game as they come. Fair play to him
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 06:53 AM   #44
smitty78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

[quote=mcvey;12945202]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty78 View Post
Khan defended his title in the challengers back yard.Haye fought Wlad in Germany, Calzaghe fought both Jones and Hopkins in the States. Hamed fought major fights in the US.

Chisora fought Fin ,Helenius in Finland , many think he should have got the verdict. Gave Vitali a competitive fight in Germany,after making a complete prick of himself.

Personally I hated Hamed, think Haye is a loudmouthed boor ,was luke warm about Calzaghe and believe Khan is flawed , but I face facts, you spin fantasies. Probably because you can't produce a fighter worth shit, which makes you wildly overate Darcy and worship him as some kind of god.
As I said, you talk shit.
If u think so. If u wanna play the old Jones and Hopkins card,
Green KO 1 Jones

Haye is a bitch. Fought to survive for a payday. Khan hand picks his challengers. Is scared of mediocre Prescott. Hamed like Calzaghe hid in England for years. When he finally stepped up he was dominated by Barerra and never fought again - weak. I think it is you who talks the shit. By the way Daniel Geale and Billy Dib are both world champions and far superior to any fighter Britain has. Also watch out for Will Tomlinson, Jarrod Fletcher and Brad Pitt who will be winning world titles quite soon.
smitty78 is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #45
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Scared of Prescott?!

That fight is not viable. Also, Maidana>>>Prescott

Geale and Dib are not World champions. They're titlists. Dib might be the worst top ten ranked fighter I have ever seen.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum