Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #46
smitty78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: "One of the best performances ever by a British fighter." Justifiable, historical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Scared of Prescott?!

That fight is not viable. Also, Maidana>>>Prescott

Geale and Dib are not World champions. They're titlists. Dib might be the worst top ten ranked fighter I have ever seen.
That's your opinion but its wrong. Dib is a lot better than he gets credit for. Have you ever seen him fight? There's a reason Oscar signed him as a young kid.
smitty78 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #47
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: "One of the best performances ever by a British fighter." Justifiable, historical

[quote=smitty78;12946042]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post

If u think so. If u wanna play the old Jones and Hopkins card,
Green KO 1 Jones

Haye is a bitch. Fought to survive for a payday. Khan hand picks his challengers. Is scared of mediocre Prescott. Hamed like Calzaghe hid in England for years. When he finally stepped up he was dominated by Barerra and never fought again - weak. I think it is you who talks the shit. By the way Daniel Geale and Billy Dib are both world champions and far superior to any fighter Britain has. Also watch out for Will Tomlinson, Jarrod Fletcher and Brad Pitt who will be winning world titles quite soon.
Dib is Lebanese Geale is Tasmanian so technically you can tenuously claim him, he's fought nobody, and struggled with them .

As I said you've nobody worth shit , thats why you have to go back nearly a century to keep digging poor old Darcy out of his grave. Best two fighters you've had were aboriginal , maybe you don't want to claim them

You should substitute the" M" in your name for an " H ".
You are a moron.
mcvey is online now  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #48
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It was a great performance however I don't think it was top 10, top 20 maybe.

I'd say it ranks just below Calazaghe-Kessler, how do you guys think it ranks compared to it?
Webbiano is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #49
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
"One of the best performance ever by a British fighter." - Barry McGuigan.

This is after Froch's amazing one-sided demolition of #1 ranked Lucian Bute last night. For those of you who saw it, what do you think?
Very good calculating performance from Carl.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #50
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Calzaghe vs Kessler ranks higher for me. Kessler is arguably a better fighter than Bute outright, but that isn't the main reason -- I feel both men forced eachother to a higher level that night. Both were never better, imo, despite Kessler losing the fight, he looked razorsharp.
Shake is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #51
jack365
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
"One of the best performance ever by a British fighter." - Barry McGuigan.

This is after Froch's amazing one-sided demolition of #1 ranked Lucian Bute last night. For those of you who saw it, what do you think?
It largely depends on Bute's future career. If Bute bounces back and proves himself an excellent fighter then all the more credit to Froch. But if Bute turns out to be a mediocre boxer in his future career then its historically a less significant Froch win.
jack365 is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #52
smitty78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

[quote=mcvey;12946202]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty78 View Post
Dib is Lebanese Geale is Tasmanian so technically you can tenuously claim him, he's fought nobody, and struggled with them .

As I said you've nobody worth shit , thats why you have to go back nearly a century to keep digging poor old Darcy out of his grave. Best two fighters you've had were aboriginal , maybe you don't want to claim them

You should substitute the" M" in your name for an " H ".
You are a moron.
Look who's getting all defensive.

I think u should lay off the crystal pipe. Dib was born and raised in Sydney, his parents are from Lebanon. Tasmania is a state in Australia you retard. Typical of people like you to start using insults (very bad ones at that) when you're in the wrong.

Famechon, Rose, Fenech, Carruthers all much beter than anything Britain produced. Also Australia produced Fitzsimmons not England and Canada produced Lewis. You complain about talking about someone from 90 years ago - you do know this is the classic don't you? Thats the whole point of the forum you gronk.
smitty78 is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #53
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

Quote:
He was raised in New Zealand. Doesn't matter where he was born. By your criteria the Klitchko's are from different countries.
They don't call him the cornish pasty for nothing!
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #54
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Of course the other winner of this fight is Andre Ward.

It clearly settles any question about who the best 168 pounder is.
janitor is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #55
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

[quote=smitty78;12949901]
Quote:

Look who's getting all defensive.

I think u should lay off the crystal pipe. Dib was born and raised in Sydney, his parents are from Lebanon. Tasmania is a state in Australia you retard. Typical of people like you to start using insults (very bad ones at that) when you're in the wrong.

Famechon, Rose, Fenech, Carruthers all much beter than anything Britain produced. Also Australia produced Fitzsimmons not England and Canada produced Lewis. You complain about talking about someone from 90 years ago - you do know this is the classic don't you? Thats the whole point of the forum you gronk.
Bilal Dib is Lebanese as both his parents are. Tasmania is NOT a state IN Australia , it is an Island state OF Australia LOOK IT UP !. Australia did NOT produce Fitzsimmons he was born in Helston Cornwall, became a naturalised American and considered himself to be so. Canada did NOT produce Lewis, he was born in London, his pro career was launched in the UK he had a total of 2 fights in Canada. I didn't complain about talking about someone from 90 years ago,what I find pathetic ,and sad is you have to deify Darcy because you have been so unsuccessful in duplicating him since!

I've got a guy trying to argue points with me who doesn't even know the status of one of the states of his country.A numpty who thinks Khan is frightened of Prescott ,yet he takes on those who have beaten Prescott, and stops them? You are a blinkered fool. We've produced Wilde, Berg, Turpin, Welsh, Kid Lewis,Lewis,Winstone,Patterson,Lynch,Minter,Mills,Driscoll,Welsh,

Kane,Bowker,Gilroy,Tarleton,Downes,Baldock,Harvey,Monaghan, McCullough,Charnley. Just a few to be going on with. **** me, Rolf Harris lives.
mcvey is online now  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #56
smitty78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

[quote=mcvey;12950963]
Quote:
Bilal Dib is Lebanese as both his parents are. Tasmania is NOT a state IN Australia , it is an Island state OF Australia LOOK IT UP !. Australia did NOT produce Fitzsimmons he was born in Helston Cornwall, became a naturalised American and considered himself to be so. Canada did NOT produce Lewis, he was born in London, his pro career was launched in the UK he had a total of 2 fights in Canada. I didn't complain about talking about someone from 90 years ago,what I find pathetic ,and sad is you have to deify Darcy because you have been so unsuccessful in duplicating him since!

I've got a guy trying to argue points with me who doesn't even know the status of one of the states of his country.A numpty who thinks Khan is frightened of Prescott ,yet he takes on those who have beaten Prescott, and stops them? You are a blinkered fool. We've produced Wilde, Berg, Turpin, Welsh, Kid Lewis,Lewis,Winstone,Patterson,Lynch,Minter,Mills,Driscoll,Welsh,

Kane,Bowker,Gilroy,Tarleton,Downes,Baldock,Harvey,Monaghan, McCullough,Charnley. Just a few to be going on with. **** me, Rolf Harris lives.
Tasmania is as much a state as New South Wales or Queensland. Don't matter if it's an Island. What the hell is an island state, you've made that term up. A state is a state. Britain is separate from mainland Europe but it's still a part of Europe.

Born and raised in Sydney Dib to Lebanese parents isn't Australian yet born and raise in Africa Chisora is British?
smitty78 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 02:35 AM   #57
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

Still, Calzaghe had greater skills. Too bad Joe is not appreciated.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 04:43 AM   #58
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Quote:
Watched it this morning, still watching Carl Frampton on the supporting bill.

Great performance by Froch, with hindsight maybe Bute has been a bit protected, but he was never in it was he?

Don't think he will want the return match.

I fancy Froch to beat Kessler in a rematch , but think Ward has too much all round ability, speed , and skill for the Nottingham man.

Top class effort from Froch who is approaching 35

.I don't think I would want to be leaving such a beautiful lady as he has ,to go running in the early hours, but that's what makes a champ ,and just as importantly keeps him a champ.

Full credit to the guy, he has fought them all, and produced as good a performance as he ever has in this blow- out.
Yep, Froch is oldschool in that department. Takes on anyone - but a Ward rematch . He became slowly one of my fav active fighters over the last years - despite some annoying fans - something Calzaghe never managed. I also think he would edge Kessler in a rematch but this will be another close one and hopefully as good as their first one.

I think heīs one of the fighters you look at and see nothing special but where itsītotally different once you are in the ring with him.

Bute was not that protected, he foguht some good names, he was more avoided by the big names in the division and frozen out of the super six. Until Froch. I still think Bute would do quite well against Ward actually and Bute Kessler would be a toss-up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
It's up there, for sure.

Nowhere near say, Honeyghan-Curry.

Who had the better win then? Froch or Joe? Joe went the distance but battered Lacy throughout in a punch-perfect performance. Froch dismantled and battered a guy who seemingly had him outmatched in most attributes.

It comes down to who was better going into the fight IMO. I'd say Bute. He'd look better than Lacy and had shut out Glencoffe, who had taken some rounds off Froch just the fight before.

Lacy's Reid, Scott Pemberton etc etc don't compare IMO.
Buteīs a better win than Lacy for sure. More proven with better allround abilitys and skill.

I say, despite a loss to Ward and another close loss to Kessler, he has an overall better resume than Joe. Calzaghe has more title defences though.

Quote:
Two of our middles recently fought for the title in Germany many felt they were robbed. Two of our heavies challenged for the title in Gemany. You talk shit.
Thing is, nowadays when a guest fighter is still standing at the end of a fight in Germany heīs automatically considered as beeing robbed by "many".

Not saying there are no robberys in Germany. There are. Far too much, too. But nowadays every somewhat close fight in Germany is declared a robbery. Which is, to quote you, "utter bollocks".

I donīt wanna turn this into a "robberys in Germany the 100th time" or "all opponents of Ottke" got robbed thread though. People have their opinions and thatīs fine but perhaps it amkes one or another think a bit more objectivly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
I think it is 1 of the best performances, it really reminded me of Curry-Honeyghan, technical unrelenting pressure and just breaking down a top prime

What was impressive wasn't just the result but the fact he first outboxed, made his opponent miss and found his power shots, sensed his opponent was hurt and went for the kill. Doing that in such a manner against a top2 in the world prime opponent, makes it a great win.

Now there'll be plenty of Classic snobbery, ofcourse there are better opponents and better performances. But many will be less dominant and many will have been past prime opponents
Itīs not classic "snobbery" to put this win into the right historic perspective, given the thread title and comment. Agree completly with the rest though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake View Post
Calzaghe vs Kessler ranks higher for me. Kessler is arguably a better fighter than Bute outright, but that isn't the main reason -- I feel both men forced eachother to a higher level that night. Both were never better, imo, despite Kessler losing the fight, he looked razorsharp.
Aye, Kessler had an injury though, if I remember right. But anyway, Kessler performed very well and Calzaghe clearly won. Best win between Calzaghe and Froch. Wonder how to rank Calzaghe, Froch and Kessler.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 04:53 AM   #59
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

[quote=smitty78;12953110]
Quote:

Tasmania is as much a state as New South Wales or Queensland. Don't matter if it's an Island. What the hell is an island state, you've made that term up. A state is a state. Britain is separate from mainland Europe but it's still a part of Europe.

Born and raised in Sydney Dib to Lebanese parents isn't Australian yet born and raise in Africa Chisora is British?
You need to do some research on your own country,sad really.Tasmania is classified as an Island State of Australia, the only one as it happens ,that is the definition of it . I have relations in New Norfolk Tasmania. Chisora is British, he has been here since he was 15. He is British, but I for example am English, big difference . Now I'm bored with you.
mcvey is online now  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 05:15 AM   #60
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Quote:
You need to do some research on your own country,sad really.Tasmania is classified as an Island State of Australia, the only one as it happens ,that is the definition of it . I have relations in New Norfolk Tasmania. Chisora is British, he has been here since he was 15. He is British, but I for example am English, big difference . Now I'm bored with you.
People are crazy when it comes to nationality. If someone decides to be citizen of one country he belongs to this country. To make a decision like that means more IMO than just beeing born in a country and thus citizen. On the other hand people claim that Felix Sturm isnīt German despite him beeing born here, raised here and lived all of his live here based on that his parents were from Bosnia. Or same with Huck and Abraham who moved here when young and took on German citizenship. Many people still live in 19th century when it comes to nationality still defining it by blood and heritage instead of citizenship.
bodhi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum