Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-29-2012, 05:29 AM   #61
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: "One of the best performances ever by a British fighter." Justifiable, historical

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
People are crazy when it comes to nationality. If someone decides to be citizen of one country he belongs to this country. To make a decision like that means more IMO than just beeing born in a country and thus citizen. On the other hand people claim that Felix Sturm isnīt German despite him beeing born here, raised here and lived all of his live here based on that his parents were from Bosnia. Or same with Huck and Abraham who moved here when young and took on German citizenship. Many people still live in 19th century when it comes to nationality still defining it by blood and heritage instead of citizenship.
Personally I think someone can call themselves whatever they want, I just took issue with "Shitty "after him stating Lennox Lewis is Canadian, then claiming Bilal Dib is an Aussie, selective categorizing, the guys just an aggravating twat .
On the verdicts given in Germany I don't say Macklin or Murray were robbed against Sturm but if they had won the fights that too ,would not have been a robbery. Germany may not be as bad as its painted for home town decisions , but over the years it's been bad enough,as I'm old enough to remember.
mcvey is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #62
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337
Default Re: "One of the best performances ever by a British fighter." Justifiable, historical

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
personally I think someone can call themselves whatever they want I just took issue with Shitty after him stating Lennox Lewis is Canadian, then claiming Bilal Dib is an Aussie, selective categorizing, the guys just an aggravating twat .
I hear ya, and I agree, any opinion is fine there as long as itīs consistent.

Quote:
On the verdicts given in Germany I don't say Macklin or Murray were robbed against Sturm but if they had won the fights that too ,would not have been a robbery. Germany may not be as bad as its painted for home town decisions , but over the years it's been bad enough,as I'm old enough to remember.
I agree. Macklin and Murray did well and if the decisions would have been in their favour it wouldnīt have been a robbery either. IMO these kind of fights should be always a draw with an immediate rematch or a fine for both fighters.
No doubt there were many bad decisions - and many of them were so obvious and some ricidulous. But then, many hometown fighters also lost at home in close fights, Rocchigiani against Eubank, Maske against Hill, and many others, most recently Sylvester against Geale. Those nobody remembers though. I donīt think Germany is any worse than other countries but due to its reputation every close fight is seen as a robbery and thus it seems as if there are more. But enough with that.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 05:44 AM   #63
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Quote:
Personally I think someone can call themselves whatever they want, I just took issue with "Shitty "after him stating Lennox Lewis is Canadian, then claiming Bilal Dib is an Aussie, selective categorizing, the guys just an aggravating twat .
Well, I made my point, I donīt think you can judge someones nationality by looking at their blood and/or heritage. Citizenship is the one thing that should be looked at. But if you think something else is more valid you should be consistent with that point of view.

Quote:
I agree. Macklin and Murray had as good arguments as Sturm. IMO these kind of fights should be ruled as a draw by the Ref, mandatorily. With an immediate rematch ordered and if the fighters decline their purse should be frozen. Would be the fairest to everybody I think.

Oh, yeah, there were quite a few robberies over the years. I donīt think more than in other countries though. We are just more obvious than anybody else And then, many hometown fighters lose close decisions at home, Rocchigiani against Eubank, Maske against Hill and most recently Sylvester against Geale. And there were quite a few more. Those are never mentioned or remembered though.

But enough of that, this thread is about Carl Froch and his victory at saturday.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #64
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi View Post
Well, I made my point, I donīt think you can judge someones nationality by looking at their blood and/or heritage. Citizenship is the one thing that should be looked at. But if you think something else is more valid you should be consistent with that point of view.

I agree. Macklin and Murray had as good arguments as Sturm. IMO these kind of fights should be ruled as a draw by the Ref, mandatorily. With an immediate rematch ordered and if the fighters decline their purse should be frozen. Would be the fairest to everybody I think.

Oh, yeah, there were quite a few robberies over the years. I donīt think more than in other countries though. We are just more obvious than anybody else And then, many hometown fighters lose close decisions at home, Rocchigiani against Eubank, Maske against Hill and most recently Sylvester against Geale. And there were quite a few more. Those are never mentioned or remembered though.

But enough of that, this thread is about Carl Froch and his victory at saturday.

Just one final thing to show balance. Many thought Sturm got the worst of the verdict against ODH in 2004. I like him ,love those clusters of hooks he throws in bursts.

Back to thread ,Froch does nothing spectacularly well , but he is very strong ,durable committed,always in top shape , can box a bit, punch well,and has balls as big as a house. Very discouraging guy to fight.he reminds me a bit of Steve Collins, what he lacks in natural ability, he makes up for with drive, desire ,and guts.
mcvey is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum