Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-15-2008, 07:20 AM   #16
maco_187
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gary St Clair

gairy has a chance, thats fair to say his skill gives him a chance against everyone but khan is very skilled and is improving, yes his chin might be abit weak, but i dont think it will matter much because geale was said to be a china chin but dawson couldnt even hurt him even though he landed some good shots, i think as khan matures youlll see him fill most of his potential.....
maco_187 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2008, 07:26 AM   #17
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
Another thing - Khan's already released his autobiography...bit early I would have thought
Yeah a tad bit early.The bloke probably only rooted his 1st groupie a year ago..

A 21year old writing a autobiography.

Should be captivating stuff.THE WHOLE 9PAGES OF IT
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2008, 07:26 AM   #18
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler
Yes but think we will see a similar story unfold.

Especially if both their driving abilities are anything to go by.
Amir Khan is still a baby mate , I haven't jumped on his band wagon just yet but he does have potential , If he was an Aussie he would already be the next best thing to sliced bread after winning the common wealth title ,Just give him time to develope lads , if he rises to Hamed's level he will have done well . Regards Josey Wales
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2008, 08:40 AM   #19
Raashid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
The bloke probably only rooted his 1st groupie a year ago..
He's a Muslim and having an arranged marriage, so probably not
Raashid is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2008, 08:49 AM   #20
rooq
East Side Guru

thanks for all the insightful info about st clair, guys!

Last edited by Zakman; 12-22-2006 at 08:22 PM.
rooq is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #21
Ubersteve
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 888

Quote:
Seen him live when in England on the WilliamsVS Skelton card..

Very talented for a youngster but his jaw is more suited for curry rather then steaks if ya know what i mean

I lived in England for sometime and found it so strange how a olympic SILVER medallist could generate so much hype.

They even flew the bloke who defeated him over to fight khan at bolton with a crowd of over 30 thousand poms watching khan defeat the out of retirement and looking out of shape bloke.

It was the full 3 round amateur rules aswell.

And with the grub Frank ****** as his manger the hype machine will role on fighting decent but very limited generally feather fisted fighters.

Until one day he becomes over confident and meets a hardhitting hardnosed top line challenger probably from mexico or maybe oz(our man kats) who will teach him a lesson and send him into retirement ala Prince Naseem.
To be fair, the guy he lost to is one of the best P4P amateurs ever.
Ubersteve is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #22
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

arrongant bastards
faisal is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2008, 09:35 PM   #23
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

It's a classic cross roads fight. The jury is still out on Khan's chin. Light punching Willie Limond had him in all sorts a few fights ago. St Claire is a good boxer, with not much of a punch. What we do know about Khan is that he's an excellent offensive fighter.

I don't see Superman having the pop to keep Khan off him. Also when you consider that Khan is much taller and has a much bigger reach advantage, it adds up to a long (or possibly a very short!) night for St Claire. The only way I can see Gairy winning would be to survive the early onslaught and frustrate Khan in to making mistakes and couter punching his way to victory.

I call it Khan in 8.

ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #24
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Seen him live when in England on the WilliamsVS Skelton card..

Very talented for a youngster but his jaw is more suited for curry rather then steaks if ya know what i mean

I lived in England for sometime and found it so strange how a olympic SILVER medallist could generate so much hype.

They even flew the bloke who defeated him over to fight khan at bolton with a crowd of over 30 thousand poms watching khan defeat the out of retirement and looking out of shape bloke.

And with the grub Frank ****** as his manger the hype machine will role on fighting decent but very limited generally feather fisted fighters.

Until one day he becomes over confident and meets a hardhitting hardnosed top line challenger probably from mexico or maybe oz(our man kats) who will teach him a lesson and send him into retirement ala Prince Naseem.
Fair post, except for the last part abut Hamed. Hamed was a fantastic fighter, who beat some genuinely top guys, and won world titles in multiple divisions. he made a big string of defences also. A lot of people operate under the myth he was "exposed". Definitely not the case. In regards to this fight, I see Kahn absolutely overwhelming St Clair. I don't think it goes past the middle rounds to be honest.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2008, 10:16 PM   #25
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Did you stick all your vcash on RJJ aswell MSTR? I stuck 1000 on it and left 80 just in case Trinidad pulls an upset.
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-15-2008, 11:54 PM   #26
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES
Amir Khan is still a baby mate , I haven't jumped on his band wagon just yet but he does have potential , If he was an Aussie he would already be the next best thing to sliced bread after winning the common wealth title ,Just give him time to develope lads , if he rises to Hamed's level he will have done well . Regards Josey Wales
We do have a aussie showing the same amount of promise in Cool Willie Kickett.

I aint saying he Khan aint talented,because that would be total stupidity on my behalf but i truely believe he will be exposed when against a granite chinned hard hitting fighter with decent skills.

Only time will tell.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #27
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
We do have a aussie showing the same amount of promise in Cool Willie Kickett.

I aint saying he Khan aint talented,because that would be total stupidity on my behalf but i truely believe he will be exposed when against a granite chinned hard hitting fighter with decent skills.

Only time will tell.
Battler ,Thanks to one of the lads on here i got to see a few of Kickett's fights just before christmas and i must say he looks a good prospect , but that is all Khan is also as far as im concerned , Maybe we will get to see these two in with each other for the commonwealth title soon , Thats provided Khan and his Alledged "Glass Jaw" can get pased St Claire .Regards Josey Wales
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #28
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Quote:
ozziebattler wrote:

Not to defend Khan but didn't we do exactly the same thing for Graham 'Spike' Cheney? Pretty sure he won a specially organised amatuer rematch to the gold medallist before embarking on his pro career.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2008, 11:43 PM   #29
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raashid
He's a Muslim and having an arranged marriage, so probably not
And hes a 21 year old geezer with a **** aint he???

You think he is going to be content with banging his cousin for the rest of his life
Old 01-16-2008, 11:48 PM   #30
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES
Battler ,Thanks to one of the lads on here i got to see a few of Kickett's fights just before christmas and i must say he looks a good prospect , but that is all Khan is also as far as im concerned , Maybe we will get to see these two in with each other for the commonwealth title soon , Thats provided Khan and his Alledged "Glass Jaw" can get pased St Claire .Regards Josey Wales
Dont get me wrong,i bag on Khan a little but i am 100% sure he will beat St Clair.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum