Old 05-31-2012, 01:52 AM   #121
LordJomski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 168
Default Re: Cotto fight proved why Floyd fears Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
Not really. The pictures show nothing in relation to what I said.
How the f*ck did Pacquioa knock down Cotto twice? - Counter-punches on inside fighting..

Cotto was knocked down twice, which made him run.. Why? Because he can't fight on the inside anymore.. Manny clearly beaten him on the inside..

As a result, Cotto's face is busted up.. And so is Pac..

And why did Pac's face got busted? - Cotto unleashed some bombs during the time Manny decided to stand in front of Cotto, with his hands covering his face.. What he thinking? To be honest, I don't really know what was that for.. He did it multiple times.. He also showed it again on his fight against Clottey.. Hands covering the face and just simply standing.. I hope he'll never do it again..
LordJomski is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 04:39 AM   #122
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
Simple. Trying to act like you know something more than any other poster doesn't suit you. Find me another gif of Pacquiao landing that awesome left regularly on Marquez. Don't worry, I'll wait...

It's cause it didn't happen. Marquez largely nullified it by simply taking steps backwards and to his left. I'll give you the fact that Pacquiao had more success with the counter right hook than any other punch he threw that night. But this post I'm responding to is nothing but you trying to stroke your own **** online.
Seriously, that's the best you can come up with?
After being exposed that you do not know what a southpaw lead left is?

For the sake of argument tho, can you please describe in your own words what a lead left or lead right is?

BTT, I've watched the fight countless times and is confident enough to say that it was one of the most successful punch of Pac, the counter right hooks were the most solid.

You must be crazy to think that I will go to great lengths to "prove" this simple truth to you by creating and posting gifs of the fight, but I want to humor you, so here is a sample transcript from Pac-JMM 3:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Count the number of times Manny's "lead left" and "counter left" (they were mostly the same for this transcript) were praised vs all his barrage of punches.

Go on, I'll be waiting.

EDIT:
And how the flying f*ck are you gonna nullify a lead left counter to your jab by stepping back and to your left?
Tell me, for the love of boxing, how do you throw your basic jab?
Again, you must be talking about that straight left behind the double jabs because for you it's the same with the lead left counter.

Last edited by this_and_that; 05-31-2012 at 05:48 AM.
this_and_that is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 04:51 AM   #123
Mega Lamps
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

It boggles my mind how people day in and day out continue to get dragged into the same discussions about Floyd and Manny. Truly fascinating. That is all. G'day.
Mega Lamps is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 05:06 AM   #124
Snakefist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJomski View Post
How the f*ck did Pacquioa knock down Cotto twice? - Counter-punches on inside fighting..

Cotto was knocked down twice, which made him run.. Why? Because he can't fight on the inside anymore.. Manny clearly beaten him on the inside..

As a result, Cotto's face is busted up.. And so is Pac..

And why did Pac's face got busted? - Cotto unleashed some bombs during the time Manny decided to stand in front of Cotto, with his hands covering his face.. What he thinking? To be honest, I don't really know what was that for.. He did it multiple times.. He also showed it again on his fight against Clottey.. Hands covering the face and just simply standing.. I hope he'll never do it again..
You dont know **** bout boxsin. Pac knocked down cotto mid range, pac got his distance to through his shots. One of the Knockdowns, the one that actually hurt him, and not the flash one, was when cotto was reaching in and pac stepping back throw a wide type of uppercut. Pac does not have a great inside game, all of his fights show this, it's why he jumps in and out because he is best effective in mid range. Sure he will jump in and land a right hook (sometimes a little wide), but he jumps right back out into mid range after. He doesnt stand in the pocket and doesnt know how to work on the inside well. Marquez knows how to work on the inside and has superb technique, when pac attacks from mid range, jumping in, Marquez punches with him and while Pac misses his punches, marquez lands his upper cuts and short rights and always able to finish last. Pac can be timed, if you have the skill to do it.

With that said, cotto isnt the best on the inside
Snakefist is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 05:08 AM   #125
Florez
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by leone25 View Post
Floyd's toughest fight was againts a washed up cotto who brutalized by margo and pac
You do have a point here. cotto did hurt mayweather a few times.
Florez is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 05:20 AM   #126
LordJomski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefist View Post
You dont know **** bout boxsin. Pac knocked down cotto mid range, pac got his distance to through his shots. One of the Knockdowns, the one that actually hurt him, and not the flash one, was when cotto was reaching in and pac stepping back throw a wide type of uppercut. Pac does not have a great inside game, all of his fights show this, it's why he jumps in and out because he is best effective in mid range. Sure he will jump in and land a right hook (sometimes a little wide), but he jumps right back out into mid range after. He doesnt stand in the pocket and doesnt know how to work on the inside well. Marquez knows how to work on the inside and has superb technique, when pac attacks from mid range, jumping in, Marquez punches with him and while Pac misses his punches, marquez lands his upper cuts and short rights and always able to finish last. Pac can be timed, if you have the skill to do it.

With that said, cotto isnt the best on the inside
WTF! What kind of punch was thrown? - short hooks and short uppercuts!

how can you throw short hooks and short uppercuts at mid-range? You are the one who doesn't know ****!

Pac is the one who was pushing forward.. Why? -Try to remember round 1..

The key is, PAC jumps in and out.. There's a difference between inside-boxing and brawling..

Check out this thread.. This will help you understand more..

LordJomski is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 08:35 PM   #127
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpaulyap View Post
idiot these Mayweather fans out there.. !!!
Mayweather: I want 50 - 50!!!
Pacman: Sure, Ill grant it to you just for the boxing fans, i'll fight for 50 -50..
Mayweather: No, I changed my mind. I want 60 - 40.
Pacman: Sure, Ill grant it to you just for the boxing fans, i'll fight for 60 - 40..
Mayweather: No, I changed my mind, I want 70 - 30, you have 8 titles, it's worthy to knock you out.
Pacman: Sure, Ill grant it to you just for the boxing fans, i'll fight for 70 - 30..
Mayweather: No, I changed my mind, I want you to take a drug test..

LOL!
If you're real fighter, don't make reasons, just fight. A proof that Mayweather is a real GAY not a real FIGHTER.
Sorry Mayweather fans but that's the truth.
Just my two cents..
IMHO.
What does that have to do with my post?

If Mayweather is a real "gay" then what are you?
Scar is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #128
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinorknitz View Post
Okay, let's count Mayweather's

Cotto - Pac and Margarito's leftover - Bloody nose. Cotto ran for his life vs Pac.
Ortiz - Maidana's leftover - needed a SUCKER PUNCH to win. How embarrassing that was.
Mosley - Cotto's leftover - Almost died on the 2nd round. Pac KD Mosley, run the whole time out of fear for Pac.
Marquez - Pac's leftover - If you only started watching boxing in 2009, it's understandable. (BTW, Pac fought and beat JMM at his BEST weight) - Floyd CHEATED the scales. If 1 lb on Cotto matters, are we going to ignore 2 lbs?
Hatton - Bloated and Fat - 95% of his fights were @ 140.
ODLH - Mosley and Hopkin's leftover - Devastating SD!!!

That was EASY.

BTW, Pac is fighting a NOONE's leftover come June 9.
You don't even know what my point is and you're pretending that's a successful response, it's pure ***** ****. Here's a proper translation and hopefully(doubt it) you will get the point.

Was Ali Frazier's "leftover" when Foreman fought him?, was Foreman Ali's leftover when Frazier fought him in a rematch?, was Hearns Leonard's leftover when Hagler fought him?, was Tyson Douglas' leftover when Holyfield fought him 6 years later?, was Ali Norton's leftover when Norton gave him a rematch?, was Hearns Leonard's leftover when Leonard gave him a rematch?, was LaMotta Basora's leftover when Ray Robinson fought him?, was Holyfield Bowe's leftover when Tyson fought him?, was Pacquiao Morales' leftover when Velasquez fought him?, was Barrera Morales' leftover when Pacquiao fought him?, was Morales Barrera's leftover when Pacquiao fought him?, was Marquez Chris John's leftover when Pacquiao fought him?

Hey man, all those all-time greats are frauds. Let's pick up another sport, how about Golf?, surely Tiger Woods isn't someone's leftover, or is he?

Good luck responding to this.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2012, 08:50 PM   #129
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by this_and_that View Post
Straight left does not ALWAYS equal a lead straight left thrown as a counter to the jab.

Surely, you know that.

I was the first to laugh at the hilarious jab-jab-straight combo of Pac during Pac-JMM 3.
And I'm nowhere near "glorifying" that.
But Pac's right hook counter and lead left counter were the most successful of the garbage barrage of punches that he thew during that night.

Just in case you miss it, I was making a case that Pac's lead left is as dangerous, if not more, than Cotto's jab.

P.S.
Here, allow Ali to educate you about the difference of a LEAD straight.

Don't even bother. Unfortunately most of Pacquiao's fans are part-time clowns that will dump this sport as soon as Pacquiao retires. To them that video you shared is of Frazier's leftover(Ali) exchanging blows with Foreman.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #130
brianpaulyap

Hey2x, and why is pacquiao not included here.

Does this proves that Bradley is better than him?
brianpaulyap is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #131
brianpaulyap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Don't even bother. Unfortunately most of Pacquiao's fans are part-time clowns that will dump this sport as soon as Pacquiao retires. To them that video you shared is of Frazier's leftover(Ali) exchanging blows with Foreman.
I dont think you're right man, i am pacquiao fan, but if he retires, I dont dump this sport... there are many boxers out there can do better than pacman.. but pacman is really strong and I really want to see ********** fighting him and to witness how that ********** kneel in front of him..
brianpaulyap is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum