Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #31
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler willing to fight Froch in England!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I'm really not sure it was me that said that, but if it was, it makes a lot more sense than Bute retiring. Froch at that stage had come off a lot of tough fights and had tough wins and tough losses at 34 years of age. Whereas you don't just retire because you've lost once. You've got to try and find out whether it was the wrong opponent for you stylistically or whether you're really not good enough at this level.

But whatever, try and make something of nothing...
I'm not making something of nothing. Froch had lost one fight (consecutive) to someone who may turn out to be an ATG, I thought calling for his retirement was harsh. It was definitely you that said it and if I could be arsed I'd dig out the post.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #32
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCobra View Post
I'm not making something of nothing. Froch had lost one fight (consecutive) to someone who may turn out to be an ATG, I thought calling for his retirement was harsh. It was definitely you that said it and if I could be arsed I'd dig out the post.
Please do, so I know whether I'm responding to something I actually said, since I'm pretty sure you've claimed that I said something else in the past and it turned out to be somebody else. But then again, I don't have the posts to back this assertion up either

I say a lot of things, I have 30,000+ posts
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #33
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I'm really not sure it was me that said that, but if it was, it makes a lot more sense than Bute retiring. Froch at that stage had come off a lot of tough fights and had tough wins and tough losses at 34 years of age. Whereas you don't just retire because you've lost once. You've got to try and find out whether it was the wrong opponent for you stylistically or whether you're really not good enough at this level.

But whatever, try and make something of nothing...
He didnt just lose. He was destroyed. Froch has never been beaten up and humiliated like that.
knighty is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #34
elbrujito
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 760

whats froch got left about 2 years / 4 fights

he cant hang about but think september will be too soon for his next fight

kessler would be the ideal fight 1st up and trying to get his last against ward to avenge defeat and retire win or lose with a couple of easy home pay days in the middle
elbrujito is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #35
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
He didnt just lose. He was destroyed. Froch has never been beaten up and humiliated like that.
Agreed, but he still shouldn't retire or anything like that after one admittedly terrible loss. That's silly, a complete waste. Nobody including him will know how good he was, for sure.

If I did say Froch should retire post-Ward I was clearly wrong. What I said 6 months or so ago is still pretty irrelevant to this thread and a complete non-issue, not even sure why its being brought up to score some kind of point. I may or may not have said something 6 months ago that turned out to be incorrect, that's interesting isn't it? I wonder how many other people have said something wrong in the past half a year
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #36
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbrujito View Post
whats froch got left about 2 years / 4 fights

he cant hang about but think september will be too soon for his next fight

kessler would be the ideal fight 1st up and trying to get his last against ward to avenge defeat and retire win or lose with a couple of easy home pay days in the middle
Late September/Early October should be fine for Froch, he can have most of June off, then have his 12 week training camp.

The Bute fight wasn't grueling at all so he'll be fine.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #37
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Agreed, but he still shouldn't retire or anything like that after one admittedly terrible loss. That's silly, a complete waste. Nobody including him will know how good he was, for sure.

If I did say Froch should retire post-Ward I was clearly wrong. What I said 6 months or so ago is still pretty irrelevant to this thread and a complete non-issue, not even sure why its being brought up to score some kind of point. I may or may not have said something 6 months ago that turned out to be incorrect, that's interesting isn't it? I wonder how many other people have said something wrong in the past half a year

Fair enough I can't find the post anyway. The search on this place sucks - I know it was you though.....you made "the list"
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #38
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCobra View Post
Fair enough I can't find the post anyway. The search on this place sucks - I know it was you though.....you made "the list"
Search has gone down the pan, it used to be okay. I'm not even sure what 'the list' is, but my memory is fairly shocking so I'm not ruling it out by any means.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #39
anklespanker75
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chosen View Post
A part of me is sad that it wasn't Mikkel who exposed Bute. 'Cause I've been saying for years that Bute would be leaving the ring on a stretcher.

I thought Kessler won the fight in Denmark, but it was close enough and action packed enough that I'd pay to watch a rematch in Notts.
action packed enough? lol

It was an all out war...
anklespanker75 is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #40
anklespanker75
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennison View Post
Someone stated on ladbrokes they had odds of 7/4 for Kessler to be Froch's next opponent surely that is looking like easy money?

Edit: Just remembered that there is a contracted rematch

Mikkel Kessler
7/4
Lucian Bute
3/1
Andre Ward
9/2

8/1 Clev...
9/1 Groves
14/1 Degale
Pavlik 16s
Hopkins 20s

I like the look of that 7/4... they both want the fight, and kessler will come to nottingham. Can't see the Ward fight happening he won't travel & I dunno if Carl really wants it. .. The Pavlik fight is pointless.
anklespanker75 is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #41
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

If Froch wins this time out, which I believe he can, they should make it a trilogy! Taking into consideration that their next meeting is close ofcourse.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #42
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
I think Bute deserves more respect than the comedy figure he seems to be painted as, its pretty unfair. I think the guy showed he wasn't just hiding out in Canada, he had good reasons for not being in the Super 6 and fought the best guys he could, then stepped into a really tough fight away from home at the first opportunity. As well as acting with class and dignity throughout.

I still think he has a lot going for him against most opponents.
No doubt Bute has skill, and in a rematch it may well go down differently, I just can't see it happening though.Froch mentioned Bute hurt him with his shots but was he just saying that to save Bute some face? If you can't neutralize Froch efficiently ( Ward ) and you can't gain his respect with your shots he'll make it a very very hard night for you, and as was seen Bute doesn't seem to have the skills neccesary to neutralize him effectivly nor does he have the punch resistance to take what Froch brings. I'd favour Bute against anyone who was not upper tier S6
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #43
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

In a rematch, certainly not.

I think Bute may have to move up, which could either be a positive thing for him or a massive worry given his durability issues.

There doesn't appear to be a lot out there for him at 168 after this. May be worth rebuilding at the higher weight which he'll make easier. Potential Jean Pascal fight in Canada.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #44
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

I've read that the rematch clause with Bute isnt enforced if the fight is over in less than 6 rounds or if a points decision is over 6 rounds difference.

Froch is on good terms with Kessler & Mikkel has said before he'd come to Britian to fight Froch, he has an English mother & has fought over here before.

The only thing is I thought he was being lined up to fight the winner of Steiglitz-Abraham so Froch might fight end up someone else first, maybe a rematch with Pascal?
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #45
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

Wouldn't say no to a Kessler rematch.

Looking at how light we came in against Green, he should stick to SM anyway.
Scotty321 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum